Lt. Commander
# 11
12-05-2011, 03:58 PM
...Wow. o_o I just resub now that my financial situation is stable, and this is the first post I read! Shocked and awed if the war is over for reals.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-05-2011, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam062307 View Post
what photo are you guys talking about. It's not some "super secret squirrel" thing that's not that impressive is it? I'd be thoroughly disappointed in ya'll if it was!
That would be this image. You should recognize it; it's probably among the ten most recognizable historical photos of all time, along with the photo of Colonel Nguyen Loan about to execute Bay Lap, the Afghan woman from National Geographic, the Kent State Massacre aftermath, and "Man vs. Tank Column" at Tiananmen Square.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-05-2011, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam062307 View Post
what photo are you guys talking about. It's not some "super secret squirrel" thing that's not that impressive is it? I'd be thoroughly disappointed in ya'll if it was!
It is a very famous photo taken in Times Square of a Dixie Cup sailor kissing a hot nurse during the celebrations ending WWII

Edit: He beat me to it, was looking for a photo to link
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-05-2011, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
However... If you talk to D'Vak on DS9, he pretty unambiguously refers to the war in the past tense, as something that has ended.

So... Happy Christmas, the war is over...?!
D'Vak talks about it in the past tense because he's no longer fighting that war. It's pretty obvious that he's moved on to something more important.
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-05-2011, 04:18 PM
I bet Federation troops are still in Afganistan, though...
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-05-2011, 04:28 PM
Even if the war officially ends, there are enough Klingon generals who have embraced the old ways and will continue to fight, with many flocking to their banner. And they would also be fighting against Klingons who do not go along with them. If anything, House Wars will run just as rampant as the conflict between the Renegade Klingons and the Federation. So the status quo may continue unchange while at the same time freeing up the writers to explore more cooperative endeavors between the Klingon Empire and the UFP.

The Khitomer Accords may not be reinstated, but even J'mpok would have to admit that with the Borg threat as massive as it is, currently spearheaded in a region of interest to both factions, the honorable thing to do would be to fight alongside the Federation.

The big question will be what will the Romulans do?
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-05-2011, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainQuirk View Post
The Khitomer Accords may not be reinstated, but even J'mpok would have to admit that with the Borg threat as massive as it is,
And the True Way threat, and the Undine threat, and the Iconian threat.... =)

At this point it's not a surprise that the war may be officially over as it is that it took this long.
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-05-2011, 05:59 PM
So... the wars not over. The group led by D'vak is outside the bounds of either government and doesn't participate in the war for their respective sides.
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-05-2011, 06:36 PM
Ah the old ways are always the best. Gen chang was always right about the federation.