Lt. Commander
# 1 STF's Grind
12-06-2011, 12:44 AM
STF Grinding is total bull that Encrypted Data Chip you only Get 2 for elite and 1 for normal it takes way too much time out of the day too collect 40 of them I think they should raise the elite too 5 Encrypted Data Chip for elite level and 2 Encrypted Data Chip for normal level 1 and 2 is total crap and you don't get much out of them.In terms of items drops.Some of us Don't have all the time in the world like you Cryptic.You need too under stand that there is not enough time in the day and plus on top of that option you have the timer set too 45 mins or what ever all most an hour wait.And that makes it even worse.Either Add more Encrypted Data Chip's for the STF's or Shorten the Timer wait time too 25mins or 15mins.Way too much freaking grinding.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-06-2011, 12:58 AM
Agreed. I have a lot of characters I'd like to get the costumes on, could care less about the stat buffs. New weapons and armors are awesome and I really want them. However, just to get a full set of armor on one character and a batch of the weapons so I can match my BOs to myself is completely unbelievable.. that's not even taking into account the random loot chance of the helmets.

I don't know what the hell they were thinking with this grind, but I won't suffer through it. This same grind reflects Cryptic's new design philosophy. Having a lifetime subscription I can't really vote with my wallet now.. but Cryptic no longer has my support. I'm gone. Thanks for ruining an awesome, casual game tailored for those with goals other than powerful loot.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-06-2011, 01:06 AM
Yeah i just did won too night first time sense season five 5 started i have done it plenty of times but now im not sure I say Do Both Shorten the STF's timer too 30mins and have elite EDC too 5 and Normal too 2EDC
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-06-2011, 02:02 AM
theres also the random chance of enemies droping them.

the normal stf's are waaaayyyy to easy. just keep cycling the space ones.

also, the irony of streamlining all the currencys only to introduce new currencies?
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-06-2011, 02:31 AM
Quote:

also, the irony of streamlining all the currencys only to introduce new currencies?
But no, that's not a currency, it's basically crafting material for an STF crafting system!

It may quack like a duck, walk like a duck, but it's not actually a duck. Trust me on this.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-06-2011, 03:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post

Cure's near impossible and infected takes too long. Surprised?
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-06-2011, 04:06 AM
I don't like what they did too the Cure now its too dam hard it was fine the way it was.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-06-2011, 05:28 AM
While its seems like a lot, it could have been worse. Try farming 500 emblems (or even 830) prior to S5. Now THAT's a grind.
And no. 500-Day award is not allowed.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-06-2011, 05:31 AM
Seriously, it's just way too much at the moment, especially considering how Overpowered the borg are even in normal. And that's not including all the bugs that are happening with Season 5 update. Still though, hopefully they fix it and make things better.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-06-2011, 06:59 AM
Elite STFing isn't even worth my time for Mk XII items that are not that much better than the Mk XI. Don't get me wrong I want the Mk XII, but taking so long to to the STF with newbs and I have a 1 in 5 chance of getting the Prototype Borg Tech which I have done 5 Elites and I haven't gotten one.

The Elite STFs take twice as long as the Normal STFs. So I could do two normal STFs in the time it takes me to do an Elite and get the more drops, so tell what’s the point of doing elites.

Before the new STFs I went on the STFs at least 3-4 times a week and out of the 5 on the team 1 or maybe 2 were newbs, today 4 out of 5 are newbs.

We really need a system like most other MMOs have (WoW is the first one that comes to mind). You are not allowed access to the elite dungeons or raids until you are experienced enough to do so. We need that in STO bad.