Lt. Commander
After this last patch, I have experienced several Incidences of Bad Rubber Banding. Has happened in several sectors, and in ESD, with Various Toons.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-07-2011, 01:46 PM
I've had the same thing, mostly at ESD or Qo'Nos but frustratingly also in events. If I manage to get back out of the zone, it's fine again. Sometimes I can have the problem on one char but not on another. It's as if you occasionally get assigned to a horribly overloaded piece of the cluster for a while.

Seriously irritating.

Ratzap
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-09-2011, 03:54 AM
One thing I noticed the last time this happened to me in a big way was that Steam was not responding. Solar, do you play STO as a steam game as well?
I'd swapped from my fed to kling for the mirror universe event and started rubber banding. I went into the instance and it was just awful. I ended up having to kill the STO process from the task manager. Then steam said the game was unavailable and no other steam windows would open. I restarted my computer and steam still wasn't responding. After 35 minutes, steam started working again, logged me in. STO started fine, I got back into the game and the rubber banding was gone.

So, the obvious question is: how tightly tied together are steam and STO? If steam goes nuts, is it causing the rubber banding in game (ie does the client rely on steam always being there).

Ratzap
Lt. Commander
# 4 Lag-tastic
12-09-2011, 12:29 PM
I've been experiencing servere Lag and disconnects since Season 5.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-10-2011, 06:35 PM
Having the same issue in seemingly every zone today at all times, as well as disconnects. All other online games and applications are working fine.

STO is currently unplayable for me as a result.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-10-2011, 08:13 PM
Getting the same, major disconnects and rubber banding since the last patch.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-10-2011, 09:22 PM
I have also noticed an increase in lag through out all sectors in the game since Season 5 hit holodeck. Zoning into ESD and Qo'noS takes way too long now, and always triggers the idle warning.

I have reduced my graphics settings some, but that doesn't always help the situation.

I hope there is a fix coming soon in an upcoming patch.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-11-2011, 04:33 AM
I had a couple more incidences of this last night. I scanned one anomaly, and Nothing happened. I clicked it again, Nothing, a second later the mini Game Popped Up. Three to five seconds for the game to show.

Then on a mission, I headed for one ship, Flew for five or six seconds, and visually watched my ship Slide backwards almost half the distance I just flew. I went back to the previous end point, and slip back about Half of the previous amount, then continued on as if nothing had happened.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-11-2011, 03:36 PM
I am also seeing this bug. Starting today. From yesterday to about a month before S5 launch, i had zero issues.
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...77#post3902077

Space, ground, swapping zone, all suffers the same. And other then transport up/down i cannot swap between many zones to test, as my everytime i try to move character/ship within the game, it keeps teleporting back to the same place.

For everyone else in this thread: Who is your ISP? Do you know if they use any kind of P2P throttling/filtering??

Mine is Rogers.ca. They do use P2P throttling to heavily limit (NOT PREVENT) P2P traffic. It did cause some disconnects with games such as WoW for a period (if P2P clients were running along side WoW) about 5 months ago, but has been resolved. The fact that this problem comes and goes (without any enduser adjustments) suggest its not the trottling itself, but changes to the throttling, or changes to Cryptics compression techniques, or hidden/undisable-able P2P traffic within the game.

Edit* By "comes and goes" i ment, that for me, this bug usually appears for days or weeks at a time. For 2+ days i cannot ever move enough, to get close enough, to even try to kill or loot anything.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-12-2011, 02:57 AM
Same here - really frustrating - server not responding for 30secs and my internet connection is fine.