Lt. Commander
# 41
12-06-2011, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhys_Delta
why is the server keep going under maintenance every day?
To keep people from playing through the masses of new content that came with season 5 too quickly.

or:

Because despite knowing that the tribble build wasn't ready, they pushed it to holodeck on the 1st to hit their self imposed deadline and look good.
Lt. Commander
# 42
12-06-2011, 01:07 PM
Q's father? Man I'm so behind on my universe canon...
Lt. Commander
# 43
12-06-2011, 01:21 PM
So, Trap then ?
Lt. Commander
# 44 XP Bonus Points
12-06-2011, 01:37 PM
Hey Q, (and cryptic), how about another round of XP Double bonus points on this?
Lt. Commander
# 45
12-06-2011, 02:00 PM
I wish it could be on andoria, but then klingons wouldn't be able to access it. Though they could go to that Klingon monk planet.
Lt. Commander
# 46
12-06-2011, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun555 View Post
Though they could go to that Klingon monk planet.
You mean this one?

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Boreth

Lt. Commander
# 47
12-06-2011, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik
I read that article in Stephen D'Angelo's voice. Wow it was funny.
I always hear John de Lancie whenever Q speaks.
Lt. Commander
# 48
12-06-2011, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackynews View Post
Q's father? Man I'm so behind on my universe canon...
The Q who visits Picard and Janeway (John de Lancie) had a son who was born in the Voyager episode "The Q and the Grey". This son is the one who has been doing all of the stuff in STO--the Q that we meet is Q Junior. Therefore the father that he refers to every now and then is the Q that we know from the TV series.
Lt. Commander
# 49
12-06-2011, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Yes, and not really...

I just find it silly, AND I see no reason to bring Christmas into STO.
^ Why not, Christmas is in Star Trek and most celebrate it...and it's the most comercial now a days so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiiliitiila
I agree with you 100%, this is so ridiculous as to be stupid. Is this what we can expect from PW? Silly dance parties and crazy hats?

It used to be that there was a content shortage because Cryptic was working on something big, now we're going to have content shortages because PW needs to have some absurd "celebration" for every holiday.

So what's this going to be? Giant floating Christmas presents in space? Or maybe the Borg Cubes'll be the giant floating presents!

Please, my respect (not saying it means anything) for this game has plummeted ever since I saw that post.

BA HUMBUG!
-Quiiliitiila
^ So what's wrong with celebrating a holiday? Do you simply dislike Christmas and those you celebrate it? Or do you just want to be mad for the hell of it even though you are not forced at all to even acknowledge this event? Star Trek is focused on humans...why not dive into the humanity more with this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeves
Do not forget the germans #2 StarTrek Maket A Klingon version of Oktoberfest would cool...
^ I'm only part German..and I think this is a super idea! Though techincally it'll be telling even of every age to go and drink....
Lt. Commander
# 50
12-06-2011, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiClari View Post
The Q who visits Picard and Janeway (John de Lancie) had a son who was born in the Voyager episode "The Q and the Grey". This son is the one who has been doing all of the stuff in STO--the Q that we meet is Q Junior. Therefore the father that he refers to every now and then is the Q that we know from the TV series.
some what inaccurate.

Q. comes from TNG (the next generation)
Q2 stripped Q of his powers (tng - deja q)
Q (Quinn) first q to kill himself (Voy - Death Wish)
Qj the demon spawn of Q and Q. just as much of a snot as his father. is the one we deal with ingame