Lt. Commander
It's funny I must have done the KA run over 50 times before the revamp and who knows how many times after the revamp on Tribble and on Holo, but I've only been in the room to activate the Shield Power Transfer twice, once on holo before the revamp and once tonight.

I ended up costing my squad the optional objective because it took me some time to get the pattern down and I could not extend the shield power transfer.

Even if I've not use to going to the power transfer room, I should know 100% what to do when I'm in there
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-05-2011, 08:14 PM
There are 6 consoles in the room, one for each shield. The borg that beam in will beam in near the console you have to activate to extend each shield.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-05-2011, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted_Turner_3rd View Post
There are 6 consoles in the room, one for each shield. The borg that beam in will beam in near the console you have to activate to extend each shield.
Thats sound easy enough thanks
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-06-2011, 02:44 AM
It is pretty easy, lower the shield, look around which of the standing consoles have a lighting ball over them, then run up to it and activate it. Ignore the borg that spawn in at that time. Works if you are fast enough. Or find a way to mass stun the borg at the console, like a stun grenade. So you have those 3 seconds it takes to activate the extend.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-06-2011, 03:19 AM
Since the ground revamp in Season 4 it isnt really necessary to extend the shield down time. The remaining 4 members of your group should easily be able to destroy the target during the time available.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-06-2011, 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korhil
Since the ground revamp in Season 4 it isnt really necessary to extend the shield down time. The remaining 4 members of your group should easily be able to destroy the target during the time available.
Should != are
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-06-2011, 07:13 AM
The lighting ball is the give a way. However, the positions of the transmitters is reflected in the room. If you stand at the console facing it beta 3 will be @ 7 o clock and alpha 3 will be @ 5. Those are the ground level transmitters outside where your 4 buddies are. the mid level transmitters (Beta, alpha 2) will be at 9 and 3, and beta, alpha 1 will be at 2 and 11.

engies are really good for this part. Just put a forcefield dome over the console you want to extend before activating the shield down time, and you should have no problems to extend.

However, if you 4 buddies don't do enough damage the extend option will not show up.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-06-2011, 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idali
Should != are
Tell me about it...

When 3 tacticals and 1 engineer take 10 tries to destroy one you just want to cry. No matter how many times you try to tell them to ignore the borg and concentrate on the generator first they still can't do it. At least now I know how to extend the timer just in case I get those people again.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-06-2011, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneRommel
Tell me about it...

When 3 tacticals and 1 engineer take 10 tries to destroy one you just want to cry. No matter how many times you try to tell them to ignore the borg and concentrate on the generator first they still can't do it. At least now I know how to extend the timer just in case I get those people again.
I know the feeling,

Iíve been finding a lot that I have to take the lead position on many of the ground STF missions that Iíve been pugging in lately.

Iím getting tired of having to explain how do deal with the large Turrets on the cure ground and reminding players that they still have to deal with the workers to keep the transformers going and to stop butt hugging each other and go cover their positions.

I mean come on!

No Hypos, No Remodulator and seemingly No ability to learn.

Most of these guys end up rage quitting and I end up getting hit leaving the STF penalty.

The Space STFs have been going great!

Everyone there seems to know exactly what to do and all their builds seem to have DPS to spare