Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
12-06-2011, 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuskin
That would be a pain especially if all 5 players were geared for PVP

Maybe the same gear, but weaker versions.
But the NPC AI does not know how to handle them. They would still be a cakewalk.
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-06-2011, 06:26 AM
How about:
No time travel,
No mirror universe,
No Borg,

Instead expand the Hobus Supernova, we already know it was artifical. Let us prevent a second one.

Oh, and no Red Matter stupidity either.
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-06-2011, 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idali
How about:
No time travel,
No mirror universe,
No Borg,

Instead expand the Hobus Supernova, we already know it was artifical. Let us prevent a second one.

Oh, and no Red Matter stupidity either.
But I like my capacitor.

In all seriousness though, Orion Pirates who've gotten their hands on Husnock hardware could be a good possibility.

More stuff with the Romulan Borg tech would also be nice.

EDIT: I would love to see low level (6-20) STFs for Feds going after the Klingons. Something like an STF version of Kuvagh Magh comes to mind.
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-06-2011, 07:12 AM
Mirror universe MACOs/Omega Force teams.
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-06-2011, 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
My vote would have to go to the Mirror Universe with Klingon-Cardassian ruled Qo'noS and the Terran Starfleet Academy as locations. With Terran ESD as a boss fight.

And as a pipe dream, I'd totally want to fight Mirror Wesley Crusher and team up with Mirror Dukat only to get double crossed as he takes the position of Chancellor in the KCA. After all, ambition is its own reflection.
Undine (Not Terradome), Klingons (or SF for KDF), Romulans, Cardassians True Way, Terran Empire, Breen... Essentially a couple of STFs for every front.
Lt. Commander
# 26
12-06-2011, 07:17 AM
I'd like to see STFs with all kind of enemys as topic. Not dozents about the Borg.

One about the Borg would have been enough... then another one about Romulans, Frengie, Cardassians, the Dominion, Tholians, Breen, Iconians, Remans, Kazon, Vididians, Hirogen ect ect.
Lt. Commander
# 27
12-06-2011, 07:18 AM
orion slave girls.... lots of em
Lt. Commander
# 28
12-06-2011, 07:37 AM
Pakled STF!!!!!!!!! You know that STF would make my computer go fast because it is powerful.

Also, how about a "Temba, his arms wide" STF?
Lt. Commander
# 29
12-06-2011, 07:44 AM
Quote:
With everything being cross faction now I'd be surprised if we saw anything of the KDF/SF war in the STFs. You could probably argue away KDF players fighting with the Feds as a house issue but that just seems a little off and I doubt making faction specific STFs would work unfortunately; I've been queuing for STFs almost non stop whilst I'm in game and it's rare that there's more than one other KDF player in there.
This may be true ,but you know what: If Cryptic really thinks that way, they need to end the war. It's stupid having a war and no new missions dealing with it.

I mean, PvP has basically become my favorite part of STO (nothing I ever expected), but considering we're only playing canned encounters in the queues, it doesn't really matter if we have a war going on or more mock battles like FvF is. The faction split seems to cause Cryptic more issues than it is worth.

Next step then would be to bring out the Iconians fully, and have the Romulans, Cardassians (the real ones, not the Trueway) unite with Federation and Klingons in a war against the Iconians and their servants, adding Romulans and Cardassians to the playable factions.

And then we can have STFs vs the Iconians, Fleet Actions and what the heck else.

Of course, this will screw up any lofty aims at territory control modes, but I have serious doubt this will ever be realized anyway, and just halting the story development for the sake of a feature that may never come is stupid.
Maybe they can even have one final STF against the Klingons. Have the Federation and Klingon players figure out that the Klingon Chancellor has been replaced by an Undine (maybe he was one all along), and have them run an STF taking him down. We could basically recycle the Klingon Arc in DS9 (where Sisko et al infiltrated Qo'nos to reveal Gowron as the shapeshifter - only to find out that it was actually Martok that had been replaced.)
Lt. Commander
# 30
12-06-2011, 08:17 AM
Bring in Trelane! Make him mad because he got sent to his room and he has come back to "play nicely" with us. Or maybe the return of those funky creatures from Catspaw.