Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
12-06-2011, 08:29 AM
This image made me want to explore a strange alien craft full of danger and mystery .
Lt. Commander
# 32
12-06-2011, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
This may be true ,but you know what: If Cryptic really thinks that way, they need to end the war. It's stupid having a war and no new missions dealing with it.

I mean, PvP has basically become my favorite part of STO (nothing I ever expected), but considering we're only playing canned encounters in the queues, it doesn't really matter if we have a war going on or more mock battles like FvF is. The faction split seems to cause Cryptic more issues than it is worth.

Next step then would be to bring out the Iconians fully, and have the Romulans, Cardassians (the real ones, not the Trueway) unite with Federation and Klingons in a war against the Iconians and their servants, adding Romulans and Cardassians to the playable factions.

And then we can have STFs vs the Iconians, Fleet Actions and what the heck else.

Of course, this will screw up any lofty aims at territory control modes, but I have serious doubt this will ever be realized anyway, and just halting the story development for the sake of a feature that may never come is stupid.
Maybe they can even have one final STF against the Klingons. Have the Federation and Klingon players figure out that the Klingon Chancellor has been replaced by an Undine (maybe he was one all along), and have them run an STF taking him down. We could basically recycle the Klingon Arc in DS9 (where Sisko et al infiltrated Qo'nos to reveal Gowron as the shapeshifter - only to find out that it was actually Martok that had been replaced.)
EXACTLY what I'm preaching for more then a year now.
Including the Jempok = Undine idea *lol*
Also: The whole war is the recycled DS9 season 4 arc. So it can easily end the same way.
Lt. Commander
# 33
12-06-2011, 08:35 AM
I want to finally get it on with the Undine or the Iconians. The STO Story stops as you find out it's the Iconians stirring up the Undine into infiltrating our galaxy. We've waited two years for an expansion or a follow up to the game's primary story.

LET'S GET ON WITH IT ALREADY!
Lt. Commander
# 34
12-06-2011, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Sutherland
uhmm good question... I would... choose... the Mirror Universe... and base the story of them trying to make a stable gateway betweeen their universe and ours... plus maybe a chance to finally see our "mirror counterparts"
I think the question of how they rebuilt their empire so fast and identified various stable means of coming here almost requires an outside benefactor.

The way I see it, the Iconians' plans currently hinge on everyone destroying eachother. The problem with that is that one stable coalition could remain to challenge them.

If the Iconians allied with the Terran Empire, this solves the problem nicely as the Terrans can finish off whoever is left standing and go home with the spoils.

The Iconians should have the means to bring Terrans to our universe and also the means to supply them with the raw materials to have rebuilt in just 30 years.

There could be a visual clue to this in the purple plasma signature of the Terran nacelles, as Iconian ships also emit purple plasma.
Lt. Commander
# 35
12-06-2011, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
EXACTLY what I'm preaching for more then a year now.
Including the Jempok = Undine idea *lol*
Also: The whole war is the recycled DS9 season 4 arc. So it can easily end the same way.
I had a fun idea about J'mpok that doesn't involve him as an Undine.

What if he lost his duel with Martok and his supporters somehow "cheated" by going all "Ides of March" on Martok and reviving J'mpok through artificial means, with a false story of how he won honorably? That's a Trek dilemma right there as it creates a case for J'mpok being somehow illegitimate but revealing that could destabilize Klingon society. So you'd need a third option to prevent chaos from erupting.
Lt. Commander
# 36
12-06-2011, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
I had a fun idea about J'mpok that doesn't involve him as an Undine.

What if he lost his duel with Martok and his supporters somehow "cheated" by going all "Ides of March" on Martok and reviving J'mpok through artificial means, with a false story of how he won honorably? That's a Trek dilemma right there as it creates a case for J'mpok being somehow illegitimate but revealing that could destabilize Klingon society. So you'd need a third option to prevent chaos from erupting.
Sounds intresting.

But honestly, I still believe Martok deserves better then an offscreen death... he should return in somehow (although, I have no Idea how).

Also... a nice Idea for "after that" is making Worf the new chancelor.
He was involved in raise and fall of TWO chancellors, was able to become chacellor before and rejectet it AND in a time after that war he is the perfect man to continue a course involving peace between Klingons and the Federation since he understands both sides like no one else (AND stood with the empire TWICE when he had to choose)
Also... we need more iconic figures in important positions in the game and that would be a good start.
Lt. Commander
# 37
12-06-2011, 10:29 AM
I like the idea of the Terrans and the Iconians teaming up. Like a previous poster said, the Iconians [seem to] have the tech to bring them into our universe seemingly at will, and it would be an interesting way to bring the plot together.
Lt. Commander
# 38
12-06-2011, 11:05 AM
I like the Mirror Universe idea myself. Would be kinda cool if you zoned in to fight your mirror universe self....
Lt. Commander
# 39
12-06-2011, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
Sounds intresting.

But honestly, I still believe Martok deserves better then an offscreen death... he should return in somehow (although, I have no Idea how).

Also... a nice Idea for "after that" is making Worf the new chancelor.
He was involved in raise and fall of TWO chancellors, was able to become chacellor before and rejectet it AND in a time after that war he is the perfect man to continue a course involving peace between Klingons and the Federation since he understands both sides like no one else (AND stood with the empire TWICE when he had to choose)
Also... we need more iconic figures in important positions in the game and that would be a good start.
Spinning things further... What if Martok isn't dead? Doesn't mean you eliminate J'mpok either way; he could be an unwitting pawn like Gowron was at times who redeems himself.

Or... on the flipside, what if the HurQ try to create Sto-Vo-Kor as a trap next, with the Grethor trap having failed?

And when they create Sto-Vo-Kor, they do it so perfectly that it contains Gorkon (we already have one David Warner played character in game - Macet) and Martok replicas? And the replicas prove to be too perfect?

Sto-Vo-Kor might make for an amazing STF and D'Vak has ties to it that could draw both factions in if we want to keep up the theme of him being the STF contact guy.

Grethor plays out beautifully like an MMO dungeon on a small scale. I bet Sto-Vo-Kor would really play out beautifully as a raid environment and it would be fun if it plays out like a more pristine version of Qo'noS with idealized images of battle, much like Grethor is like a tarnished Klingon map.

It would be akin to storming Asgard and, come to think of it, it might be fun to draw on some Shakespeare for inspiration on aspects of it given the Klingon reverence for it.
Lt. Commander
# 40
12-06-2011, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
I think the question of how they rebuilt their empire so fast and identified various stable means of coming here almost requires an outside benefactor.

The way I see it, the Iconians' plans currently hinge on everyone destroying eachother. The problem with that is that one stable coalition could remain to challenge them.

If the Iconians allied with the Terran Empire, this solves the problem nicely as the Terrans can finish off whoever is left standing and go home with the spoils.

The Iconians should have the means to bring Terrans to our universe and also the means to supply them with the raw materials to have rebuilt in just 30 years.

There could be a visual clue to this in the purple plasma signature of the Terran nacelles, as Iconian ships also emit purple plasma.
In said situation.... I think the Terran Empire will turn on the Iconions whenenver they have the advantage :O