Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 41
12-06-2011, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
Spinning things further... What if Martok isn't dead? Doesn't mean you eliminate J'mpok either way; he could be an unwitting pawn like Gowron was at times who redeems himself.
That would be nice... we could STILL get rid of J'empok.

Quote:
Or... on the flipside, what if the HurQ try to create Sto-Vo-Kor as a trap next, with the Grethor trap having failed?

And when they create Sto-Vo-Kor, they do it so perfectly that it contains Gorkon (we already have one David Warner played character in game - Macet) and Martok replicas? And the replicas prove to be too perfect?

Sto-Vo-Kor might make for an amazing STF and D'Vak has ties to it that could draw both factions in if we want to keep up the theme of him being the STF contact guy.

Grethor plays out beautifully like an MMO dungeon on a small scale. I bet Sto-Vo-Kor would really play out beautifully as a raid environment and it would be fun if it plays out like a more pristine version of Qo'noS with idealized images of battle, much like Grethor is like a tarnished Klingon map.

It would be akin to storming Asgard and, come to think of it, it might be fun to draw on some Shakespeare for inspiration on aspects of it given the Klingon reverence for it.
I was never a fan of that "metaphysical" involvments in Star Trek, IMO that belongs into fantasy games.
Didnt like the later KDF missions for that reason, either...
Lt. Commander
# 42
12-06-2011, 03:46 PM
I still want the THOLIANS.

Lt. Commander
# 43
12-06-2011, 04:07 PM
Cryptic / Perfect World
Lt. Commander
# 44
12-06-2011, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
Cryptic / Perfect World
What's the matter...?...

Fighting with Them here ain't enough...?...

<chuckle>
Lt. Commander
# 45
12-06-2011, 04:10 PM
I'd like one each for True Way, Mirror, and Romulan. Have then going after Borg tech so the loot drops make sense.
Lt. Commander
# 46
12-06-2011, 04:15 PM
there will be either mirror forces or undine.... maybe... or iconanianananasnansnas...
Lt. Commander
# 47
12-06-2011, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
This may be true ,but you know what: If Cryptic really thinks that way, they need to end the war. It's stupid having a war and no new missions dealing with it.

I mean, PvP has basically become my favorite part of STO (nothing I ever expected), but considering we're only playing canned encounters in the queues, it doesn't really matter if we have a war going on or more mock battles like FvF is. The faction split seems to cause Cryptic more issues than it is worth.

Next step then would be to bring out the Iconians fully, and have the Romulans, Cardassians (the real ones, not the Trueway) unite with Federation and Klingons in a war against the Iconians and their servants, adding Romulans and Cardassians to the playable factions.
I don't care who the bad guy is as long as the KDF doesn't become Starfleet with a red UI. If I had to choose then I'd like a couple of Romulan STFs, the Romulan NPCs are fairly interesting to fight on the ground and the space NPCs, D'Deridex in particular has some pretty nasty attacks if they catch you off guard that doesn't involve a shield drain or one shot from a torpedo.
TBH I always thought the RSE, especially a wounded RSE like that in game would be the real threat to the Federation and KDF but if we're going for the KDF/SF thing then we need something to indicate it didn't end when B'Vat was killed by my character as a lowly LTC.
Lt. Commander
# 48
12-06-2011, 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therunn
Bring in Trelane! Make him mad because he got sent to his room and he has come back to "play nicely" with us. Or maybe the return of those funky creatures from Cats paw.

Oh heck yeah that would be fun! We need a real Romulan driven STF, and how about switching it up and having us team with the Rom's to go after those lowlife Iconians? I can not think of a better race that I would just love to "drop kick" around the universe!
Lt. Commander
# 49
12-06-2011, 05:43 PM
+1 for cylons...so i can get my battlestar in-game
Lt. Commander
# 50
12-06-2011, 05:50 PM
Wow! You all have got a great list going! Keep 'em coming, I will make sure Gozer sees this thread.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=