Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 51
12-06-2011, 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post
I still want the THOLIANS.

Amen. I have a feeling that once the Tholians hit this game, they're going to really shake things up...
Lt. Commander
# 52
12-06-2011, 07:39 PM
I'd like to see the Xindi again. And frankly I'd like to see something really involving the Ferengi. While it's fun to hint at a possible connection between the Borg and V'Ger, I'd like to see a story surrounding V'Ger in some form.

I'd also really like to see some Delta Quadrant content.

I'd also really like to see at least an episode or two, where you have to set your own ship aside, and you're given command of a civillian freighter.. And/or some missions where you actually have to help colonists in a tangible way.

How about a return to the Planet of the Nanittes? or one of the classic scenarios where "there's a planet of seemingly ideallic bliss, but not all is as it seems, and soon it is discovered that they're all slaves to a machine"

It would be nice to see some episodes with more of a grounding in the traditional TOS/TNG plots.. instead of the "shoot familiar bad guy" plots we see so much in STO.
Lt. Commander
# 53
12-06-2011, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PodSix
It would be nice to see some episodes with more of a grounding in the traditional TOS/TNG plots.. instead of the "shoot familiar bad guy" plots we see so much in STO.
I've always wanted to see missions that involve species like the Organians. Tos had many seemingly omnipotnent species who were not arrogant like Q, but enlightened. I'd love to run across someone like this in STO.
Lt. Commander
# 54
12-06-2011, 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
EXACTLY what I'm preaching for more then a year now.
Including the Jempok = Undine idea *lol*
Also: The whole war is the recycled DS9 season 4 arc. So it can easily end the same way.
I am not actually a big fan of the J'mpok = Undine idea, but it can work to bring closure. But I think it's unlikely the Klingons would not test their own Chancellor for being an Undine. Unless they are reall so blinded by concepts of honor and J'mpoks vigor against the Undine.

An alternate take for me on the story is this:

The Klingon Empire cannot live in peace. The entire focus on its warrior culture means it must expand, its warriors must send into battles to gain honor and glory. But there isn't a real enemy. As long as the Klingons are allied with the Federation, they can't lead wars that easily. The Romulans may have been the only race that was still a valid target, but then the Hobus Supernova destroyed the Empire, and the remains are not really worthy of a Klingon Warrior. And even if it was, there is still the issue that the Federation is in the way.

What would be the alternative? The only thing the Federation wouldn't meddle with would be a Civil War. Klingons killing each other for glory and honor, fighting for control of the Empire.

Martok may have seen this, but he may have believed he could change the Klingons, or at least hold all together, even without an external foe to strike against. J'mpok didn't. He replaced Martok, broke the ties with the Federation willingly (which always fundamentally stood in the way of conquest) as he had the Empire conquer the Gorn, and now uses the Undine threat as a justification to strike against the Federation.

Of course, he is misguided. He believes the Klingon Warrior tradition cannot be changed to allow peaceful coexistence (without Civil Wars replacing conquest), maybe even believes that Klingon tradition is right and the Empire has to expand and conquer the Alpha Quadrant and more.

Developing this storyline could lead to interesting results - a new Klingon Tradition, one that treats warriors with respect, but not the only worthy goal to attend to, and not as the highest class. One that allows the Warriors to act as pure defenders, that can accept peace times just fine and allow gaining Honor without conquest.
It may also lead to the Empire breaking into two parts - traditionalists under J'mpok, and Progressives under Worf or the House of Martok. (This could give space for Territory Control modes, as the Traditionalists fight for control over Progressives and Federation territory).
Lt. Commander
# 55
12-07-2011, 12:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
The Fek'liri/HurQ would be a fun KDF based STF that already has roots in the game.
Delving deeper into thier return and why now.
This, would be awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streakfury View Post
Something involving The Traveller or the Temporal Cold War would be good.
The temporal agents could restore the spheres and the expanse. daniels shows up to task you with setting things right. featuring the Xindi, including Avians, who are still alive in this timeline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cehus View Post
+1 for cylons...so i can get my battlestar in-game
So say we all!

I also like the idea of a delta quadrant stf series, you can do one with the Voth, one with the Vidians, and maybe the Kazon/Ocampa/Caretaker.
Lt. Commander
# 56
12-07-2011, 12:23 AM
Spezies 8472 ! (yes, i say 8472 because i do not like STO´s own name´s. Only by changing the name back to the real one, they would make this race much more interesting because 8472 sounds more agressive or mysterious than "Undine" which sounds like middle-age crap culture.)
Lt. Commander
# 57
12-07-2011, 12:28 AM
Romulans. Done properly.

Don't get me wrong, I liked the third featured series, but in my mind, it felt like it was really aimed at covering the Remans and a rogue splinter of the Tal Shiar more than the Star Empire and its fleet.

I cannot imagine that Admiral T'Nae's actions did not have consequences - the missions which the player was involved with during that part of the game's story in Iota Pavonis and Alpha Centauri were far too provacative to simply sweep under the rug and have us accept it with a cursory "You've avoided a war, well done."

I'd love to see what the Romulan response to that was!
Lt. Commander
# 58
12-07-2011, 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koppenflak
Romulans. Done properly.

Don't get me wrong, I liked the third featured series, but in my mind, it felt like it was really aimed at covering the Remans and a rogue splinter of the Tal Shiar more than the Star Empire and its fleet.

I cannot imagine that Admiral T'Nae's actions did not have consequences - the missions which the player was involved with during that part of the game's story missions were far too provacative to sweep under the rug.

I'd love to see what the Romulan response to that was!
Is there a fleet?

I was under the impression that the whole RSE is a big depleted no man's land with the Ta; Shiar and a bunch of splinter factions fighting over the scraps, locked in civil war, and everyone outside Sela's personal guard starving and dying, with the lucky ones getting enslaved or exploited and the vast majority of a nearly extinct race helpless and desperate, locked in anarchy.
Lt. Commander
# 59
12-07-2011, 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
Is there a fleet?

I was under the impression that the whole RSE is a big depleted no man's land with the Ta; Shiar and a bunch of splinter factions fighting over the scraps, locked in civil war, and everyone outside Sela's personal guard starving and dying, with the lucky ones getting enslaved or exploited and the vast majority of a nearly extinct race helpless and desperate, locked in anarchy.
That is a distinct possibility, and all the more reason to do it, in my mind.

IF Cryptic ever get up and actually tackles a Romulan player faction, then that is a facet of the Romulan status quo that could need to be addressed. What better way is there of doing this than introducing a featured episode arc that ties it all up, and gives rise to the beginnings of a united Romulan state?

It'd be a great way of making Starfleet crap its collective pants.
Lt. Commander
# 60
12-07-2011, 12:55 AM
Tar monster STF!

make it a low level stf... Mission = Battle the giant tar monster on w/e the planet was called.