Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 71
12-07-2011, 09:14 AM
Iconians!

we have been teased long enough with them, bring on the Storyline before the servers are shut down plz ;P
Lt. Commander
# 72 New STFs
12-07-2011, 09:59 AM
Any specie STF will suit me as long as it Has a really good storyline and Rewards. I would like something to be linked in with either the current STFs or the mission storyline featuring the iconians but I would not like another borg one unless it is into the hive.
Lt. Commander
# 73
12-07-2011, 11:57 AM
Personally I want to see the Undine as the next big STF group we face. As far as endgame threats go, the Borg are a good starter because they're a good, basic universal threat. They always want to assimilate everything, they're powerful, and they're relentless. The borg showing up while everything else is going crazy is sort of an intro to STFs, and the final planned STF for the moment deals with taking on the Borg Queen which will end this current invasion presumably (Not in game, but in the storyline).

With the Borg finally defeated, this allows the focus to shift to a threat that has gone without resolution for a while, the Undine. They're some of the biggest movers and shakers in the setting, having a fair number of missions revolving around them, but we never really take the fight to them. A new STF will allow that to change, maybe adding a few extra Undine missions and then reworking Terradome into the new opener and going from there. Maybe they're working to expand fluidic space into our space, maybe they've just formed a massive fleet and are finally going from espionage to war, something happens that escalates them into an active threat. This allows Omega Force to slip in again easily as the quest givers/loot providers since it's another joint task force the Feds and Klingons can agree on. It can even follow a similar theme to the Borg STFs now, 3 regular missions and a "Finale" mission where we crush the Undine forces, or make them agree to peace, or whatever. The finale could be a big joint mission where you fight alongside the Undine against an Iconian ship after making them realize they were being manipulated. This also easily allows you to slide into Iconians as the STF after that, since they've been the ones behind this all along.
Lt. Commander
# 74
12-07-2011, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GUL_EVEK
I've always wanted to see missions that involve species like the Organians. Tos had many seemingly omnipotnent species who were not arrogant like Q, but enlightened. I'd love to run across someone like this in STO.
One mans arrogance is another man's enlightenment I guess.
Lt. Commander
# 75
12-07-2011, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrandFinale
Personally I want to see the Undine as the next big STF group we face. As far as endgame threats go, the Borg are a good starter because they're a good, basic universal threat. They always want to assimilate everything, they're powerful, and they're relentless. The borg showing up while everything else is going crazy is sort of an intro to STFs, and the final planned STF for the moment deals with taking on the Borg Queen which will end this current invasion presumably (Not in game, but in the storyline).

With the Borg finally defeated, this allows the focus to shift to a threat that has gone without resolution for a while, the Undine. They're some of the biggest movers and shakers in the setting, having a fair number of missions revolving around them, but we never really take the fight to them. A new STF will allow that to change, maybe adding a few extra Undine missions and then reworking Terradome into the new opener and going from there. Maybe they're working to expand fluidic space into our space, maybe they've just formed a massive fleet and are finally going from espionage to war, something happens that escalates them into an active threat. This allows Omega Force to slip in again easily as the quest givers/loot providers since it's another joint task force the Feds and Klingons can agree on. It can even follow a similar theme to the Borg STFs now, 3 regular missions and a "Finale" mission where we crush the Undine forces, or make them agree to peace, or whatever. The finale could be a big joint mission where you fight alongside the Undine against an Iconian ship after making them realize they were being manipulated. This also easily
allows you to slide into Iconians as the STF after that, since they've been the ones behind this all
along.
This Is a brilliant Idea by making a storyline behind it
Lt. Commander
# 76
12-08-2011, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixonium View Post
Amen. I have a feeling that once the Tholians hit this game, they're going to really shake things up...
I agree!

The amount of bugs will force a shutdown on us again.
Lt. Commander
Tell you what, mirror universe with this cool little idea I had. Might be hard to pull off but if they done it, I think every STF player would enjoy it.

We play ourselves!

For bosses, we play our own ship, mirror version of it obviously, same abilities, same build. The game just copies the entire STF team ships as they enter the STF then puts them up against themselves at the end.

If they really wanted to get funky, we could board one of the ships, say the team leaders ship, but the mirror version and still see their actual interior even if it is c-store. Yes I know probably complex, but I think it would be epic.

What else would you do for Mirror Universe if not battle yourself? If not this then I say...

Romulans. We hope for the faction to come, their is a deep story already. We want more Romulans. If the faction comes the STF would not work so well though, maybe they could design Romulan STF to change to Remans with the same plot just the sides switch.
Lt. Commander
# 78
12-09-2011, 02:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
*wall of text*
I can agree with the major part.
And I never questionet that Klingons have a "Warrior culture" although it is, I believe, less a "warrior culture", it is a culture concentratet on STRENTH and fighting/war is just the way to achieve that.
And fighting a war without reason, loosing resources without reason.... that makes you weak not strong.

Of course their traditions speak about fighting a lot... but Defense can be a good wayto be warrior too, after all, its the klingon DEFENSE force that pays our bills.

And yes, I see it possible that there ARE missguidet individuals that interpret the Klingon teachings wrong and in a way to that always serves their purpose of having war in some kind.
And that J'mpok is among them (although, reading the lazy writen sto storyline... actually J'mpok and the Klingons are the good guys in that... but however).

But to draw the conclusion that THIS means Klingons cant live without war... to draw a real life conclusion... you could as good say all Christians are soulless murders because through the history lots and lots of christians used teaching that spoke about (and I'm saying that as an agnostic) the EXACT opposite to justify cold bloodet murder up to war like the crusaudes.

Also, in I wouldnt say that the most Klingons we saw beside Martok and Worf behaved that way.
Gowron did lead the Empire for a LONG TIME without a war and with keeping peace.

Gorkon wantet to END the conflict, his daughter continued his attempts obviously successfull.

Chang didnt act based on teachings of war, his action groundet in the fear that the peace will weaken the empire, that most likley would be backstabbed by the federation. His action based on wrong preconceptions about the federation... you cant blame that on the Klingon tradition, especially since high ranking Starfleet officers Cartwright, logical Vulcans like Valeris, even Kirk himself... had the EXACT same predjudices the other way arround... And among the ones listet here Kirk was the only one able to overcome them.

And yes we have seen a lot of.. other Klingons... but there are Jerks everywhere.
Having Klingons like Drex in mind... just attacking garak because he is cardassian... or other occasions where Klingons just reactet badly to almost nothing...
In real life I just have to go to the street in later hours and see dozents of that kind of people.... Starting an argument and actually becoming violent just because looking the wrong way at them... even if you didnt look at them at all... means just starting a fight because they want to fight.
That attitude is not rare.. and since the most Klingons are soldiers... not wanting to insult someone but especially under lower ranking militarys that is VERY VERY common, that can I tell you as an ex-soldier. That is NOT a Klingon atribute.
Lt. Commander
# 79
12-09-2011, 02:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zypher2011
Tell you what, mirror universe with this cool little idea I had. Might be hard to pull off but if they done it, I think every STF player would enjoy it.

We play ourselves!

For bosses, we play our own ship, mirror version of it obviously, same abilities, same build. The game just copies the entire STF team ships as they enter the STF then puts them up against themselves at the end.

If they really wanted to get funky, we could board one of the ships, say the team leaders ship, but the mirror version and still see their actual interior even if it is c-store. Yes I know probably complex, but I think it would be epic.

What else would you do for Mirror Universe if not battle yourself? If not this then I say...

Romulans. We hope for the faction to come, their is a deep story already. We want more Romulans. If the faction comes the STF would not work so well though, maybe they could design Romulan STF to change to Remans with the same plot just the sides switch.
A stf that allows you to play as your mirror universe self
Lt. Commander
# 80
12-09-2011, 04:10 AM
We have heard little from the true dominion.

Perhaps a new invasion of the Alpha Quadrant. I know the Founders signed a peace treaty, however, the Jem'Hadar want nothing but war.

Perhaps a STF story chain along the lines of the Vorta and Jem'hadar overthrowing their "Gods" and confining them to their planet. Then the new invasion of the alpha quadrant.

Expansion into the Delta quadrant. Final attack against the borg uni-complexes.

Mirror universe stuff has always annoyed me as I find it hard to believe such fleets can be rebuilt in just a few years. I would imagine the Cardasian/Klingon alliance sending massive fleets against any attempt of rebuilding.

I would like to see an STF or mission chain for the iconians also. Oh and the Romulans.

Return of the Organians to end the current Fed/klink war and the approach of the enemy they said was coming.

I would definately like to see a new Section 31 chain rooting out all the undine infiltrators in the federation. I find it hard to believe that they would sit back and allow it, especially considering that Starfleet are aware of their infiltration.

Lion