Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
KDF players can invade earth academy?!?!!?!? (And possibly visa versa)

OK, this is a good one - I'm not sure this posted yet, and surprised if it isn't since the method seems obvious.

Right, i was running CURE STF with a mixed team. I was KDF, and at least one person was FED. We had totally finished CURE and got all the loot and stuff and the "leave-the-system" button+timer had broken / disappeared (another bug probably mentioned somewhere in these threads, but ignore that for now). So we were all essentially stuck in the system. ***Technically we could leave by way of the exit / beam-out button in the top right of our screens - but using that meant we would have been on penalty-cooldown for that STF (not that it would have mattered much in the long run anyway - LOL ).

Anyway, so we were (more or less) trapped in the cure system. OK, but then (I THINK) the following happened: One of the FED players in the still joined STF team used the (Trans?)warp-to-earth-academy-event button (like with many of the now "events" per day - on some you can press warp to the location of that event without having to travel there yourself, or without having to press the "REAL" transwarp space power buttons in your space tray. (At least I THINK this is what he did - I'm not 100% certain but at the same time this bug occured the earth academy scan anomalies event thing was going on, so it seems pretty likely that is what he did).

So, the FED player pressed their warp-to-location-event-button thing, which for the rest of us still teamed, gave us the move-to-next-location-team-accept-confirm popup box thing (everyone in the team must press "accept" for the whle team to move to the next location).

And so we all did press confirm, and he pulled me a KDF down to the earth academy event!!! But what made is more fun(ny) and probably a real nuisance bug for others is that when you're down in the opposite faction location, you can go around shooting certain NPC contacts and literally kill them!!! (Though offically I THINK they respawn a few minutes later..... well, probably..... maybe.....). Regardless however this can be a pain to real FED players in the earth academy trying to access any normal stuff from the NPC's (exchange, mail, doff store etc - all these NPC contacts are affected / can be killed by you, and once killed it makes their function inaccessible to any FED player until that NPC respawns - assuming they do respawn - LOL ).

Some how I get the feeling a KDF is NOT meant to be running around starfleet academy shooting the poor old NPC contacts (heheheheheheheheheheheh). NOTE: nothing else is targettable while there - FED players are untargettable, and NPC's with no function that just walk around are untargettable too. Oh and as I said above, I think this is possible visa versa for FED's reaching KDF academy also (just swap around who in the team invites to which evers factions home land).

So, er, yeah, unless this was a pure luck thing, and until this little bug is removed, then people can go around to their enemy factions and start zapping people for fun! Muhahahahahahahaaaa!

Oh, beware however, unless you use your own warp-to-your-own-academy-event button or do another STF and transwarp out or something, then you will be trapped at the academy forever!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-23-2011, 09:27 AM
When I read this, I immediately thought of the old developer's alibi when a bug is spotted by a user:

"That's not a bug, it's a FEATURE!"

or

"You mean you didn't WANT it to do that?"

This actually sounds like fun. Maybe Cryptic will try to pass it off as new Season 5 content.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-24-2011, 06:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quark_Kent View Post
When I read this, I immediately thought of the old developer's alibi when a bug is spotted by a user:

"That's not a bug, it's a FEATURE!"

or

"You mean you didn't WANT it to do that?"

This actually sounds like fun. Maybe Cryptic will try to pass it off as new Season 5 content.
Somehow, I would not be surprised.