Lt. Commander
# 151
12-13-2011, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannlore View Post
I'm so confused at this point. I just came back to the game for season 5 and found my access to T3/T5 versions of this ship gone. After reading through this post I'm just.. most confused.

I had access to T3/T5 versions of the nebula and Exel. Am I supposed to buy them all over again to regain access? Is it being given back to me?
If you originally bought either of the T-5 version of these ships you should still have access to the T-5 ships, if you don't write a ticket explain you already bought the T-5 version...... They were suppose to also give us access to the T-3 version but did not and we have been told we have to buy the T-3 versions of these ships ...

Yes ... In other words we were misled by Cryptic once again and should get used to bending over and not even getting dinner first .....
Lt. Commander
# 152
12-13-2011, 01:08 PM
Words fail me on the whole situation. Well that's not true:" Money grab" comes to mind.
Lt. Commander
# 153
12-13-2011, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinumbar
No. You do not have to re-buy them again. I believe there is a bug that is preventing people from claiming the T5 on another character if you bought them before. I bought the excelsior on release, and I still have the ship at the shipyard for my engineer.

THIS thread is about those who recently bought the T5 with the expectation that they would also get the T3 (which is now C-store and comes with a transwarp console). Many were led to believe this based on what Geko said, but he has now stated that it was a mistake, and that those that bought the T5 would NOT be getting the T3 as well.

If you also bought the T3 version before season 5 with energy credits, you should still have it in your shipyard so long as you don't discharge it. The T3 excelsior should have a transwarp console, and the T3 nebula should have a tachyon grid console.
This is not only about those who bought it after Gecko post, but also the ones who, like me, had already purchased it and was expecting it to get taken away but were told we didn't have to worry about it, that we would be having both version after the switch only to find out that it wasn't true and Cryptic doesn't care about it at all ... They know that the post stopped us from securing the T-3 versions for our characters and that is why they said nothing until it was too late to claim those ships .... It is a straight money grab pure & simple.... and I will NEVER, AND i MEAN NEVER EVER GIVE CRYPTIC ANOTHER DIME OF MY MONEY UNTIL THIS GETS REVERSED and they restore access to the T-3 ships....

I would also like to ask if there are any lawyers out there that believe we can do anything legally, which I doubt, but would like to know for sure...

The other thing I would suggest is to start writing CBS and explain these money grabs by Cryptic will wind up hurting their bottom line because of the bad taste these move are leaving in my mouth are going to cause my to never buy any "re-release" of any Star Trek properties that my be coming out in (HD) the near future.......

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 154
12-13-2011, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psytce View Post
This is not only about those who bought it after Gecko post, but also the ones who, like me, had already purchased it and was expecting it to get taken away but were told we didn't have to worry about it, that we would be having both version after the switch only to find out that it wasn't true and Cryptic doesn't care about it at all .... and I will NEVER, AND i MEAN NEVER EVER GIVE CRYPTIC ANOTHER DIME OF MY MONEY UNTIL THIS GETS REVERSED and they restore access to the T-3 ships....I would suggest is to start writing CBS and explain these money grabs by Cryptic will wind up hurting their bottom line because of the bad taste these move are leaving in my mouth are going to cause my to never buy any "re-release" of any Star Trek properties that my be coming out in (HD) the near future.......
I posted CBS' contact information a few posts back. They actually do take IP abuse pretty seriously, and they have been known to yank the Star Trek license if the licensee is doing things that would be perceived as damaging to the brand. That's exactly what happened to another Star Trek-related project that was getting ready to re-open after being closed for a while.
Lt. Commander
# 155
12-13-2011, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminMaxwell View Post
I posted CBS' contact information a few posts back. They actually do take IP abuse pretty seriously, and they have been known to yank the Star Trek license if the licensee is doing things that would be perceived as damaging to the brand. That's exactly what happened to the Star Trek: The Experience project that was getting ready to re-open after being closed for a while.
According to TrekMovie sources who have confirmed this report, the deal with Neonopolis never got off the ground due to lack of financing.

http://trekmovie.com/2011/04/21/no-p...-to-las-vegas/
It just sounds like to me that CBS would not give them funding if they could not show they have the necessary financing. Maybe you have another source.
Lt. Commander
# 156
12-13-2011, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakarak
According to TrekMovie sources who have confirmed this report, the deal with [REDACTED] never got off the ground due to lack of financing.

(link removed)

It just sounds like to me that CBS would not give them funding if they could not show they have the necessary financing. Maybe you have another source.
There is another article, but unfortunately I'm not at my home computer right now. Also, I redacted the name of that project from my original post so as to comply with forum TOS. You may wish to do the same.

The point is, if CBS has enough valid concern, they will yank the license.
Lt. Commander
# 157
12-14-2011, 07:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinumbar
THIS thread is about those who recently bought the T5 with the expectation that they would also get the T3 (which is now C-store and comes with a transwarp console). Many were led to believe this based on what Geko said, but he has now stated that it was a mistake, and that those that bought the T5 would NOT be getting the T3 as well.
I bought the T5 when it was originally released. I failed to buy the T3 (actually bought I it and decommissioned it to buy other ships on sale) with EC's because of a post made my Geko saying me efforts were futile as I was already given free access to it.

It's not acceptable to post a correction after the fact. It's not like this was some price correction resulting from a typo in a database somewhere. It's not case where it was removed to stop an exploit with the intent of replacing it with something better. A representative from Cryptic told us this would be available, people made plans around that information, and now Cryptic is choosing not to honor it. Had they told us a week before Season 5 launched, with time to prepare accordingly, this wouldn't have been an issue.

Some possible solutions to this:
  • Allow purchase of the ships with EC's until Jan when F2P is officially live
  • Honor your original commitment to those who purchased the T5
  • Offer a C-point refund to those who purchased the T5 Nebula/Excelsior before Season 5 went live.
Lt. Commander
# 158
12-14-2011, 08:33 AM
Got to love the Cryptic 'ignore it until it goes away' approach to customer service.
Lt. Commander
# 159
12-14-2011, 09:39 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Community Rules and Policies. ~Q
Lt. Commander
# 160
12-14-2011, 10:55 AM
Cryptic will sit it out like the other marketing desasters.
Closed Thread