Lt. Commander
# 161
12-14-2011, 11:36 AM
I sorry but I think someone besides a Forum Rep owes us a response....

When I bought the Nebula and the Excelsior from the C-Store it said it unlocks for all characters on the account and for both versions of the ship and I submitted a ticket on it when it looked like it might not work the way it was suppose to now. I was assure by the Customer Service rep from Cryptic that it would work that way.

I took screen shots and of the transactions and I kept the chat log from my chat with customer service if Cryptic would like I can post them here for everyone to see. Since Cryptic insisting it didn't happen that way...
Lt. Commander
# 162
12-14-2011, 11:55 AM
Now wait, if I remember correctly, pre S5, buying the T5 Neb or Ex, didn't automatically unlock the T3 versions, you still had to purchase them with EC from within the game. They were never a bundled deal. Now, a dev mistakenly thought they were offered bundled at one time, and commneted that those that bought the bundled ships would remain that way, which would have been true, had the ships ever been bundled, but they weren't. OP buys the T5 version thinking there was an opurtunity to gain a free T3 after S5, and is now mad. Sorry, I think Cryptic wins here.
Lt. Commander
# 163
12-14-2011, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT.Hansen View Post
When I bought the Nebula and the Excelsior from the C-Store it said it unlocks for all characters on the account and for both versions of the ship ...
If you have screenshots of this, I'd be interested in seeing them. To be fair, I don't remember what the text said prior to Season 5. I just remember the post from Geko and his word that this wouldn't happen.
Lt. Commander
# 164
12-14-2011, 08:06 PM
Another day without follow up. I'm trying to look shocked, really.
Lt. Commander
# 165
12-14-2011, 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus92 View Post
Now wait, if I remember correctly, pre S5, buying the T5 Neb or Ex, didn't automatically unlock the T3 versions, you still had to purchase them with EC from within the game. They were never a bundled deal. Now, a dev mistakenly thought they were offered bundled at one time, and commneted that those that bought the bundled ships would remain that way, which would have been true, had the ships ever been bundled, but they weren't. OP buys the T5 version thinking there was an opurtunity to gain a free T3 after S5, and is now mad. Sorry, I think Cryptic wins here.
You remember incorrectly. I took advantage of the same bundle as others, read the same promises and guarantees they did, and had the same results they did.
Lt. Commander
# 166
12-14-2011, 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus92 View Post
No, nobody wins here. Players who were genuinely misled can probably get their money back by being persistent enough. If somehow that fails, they can always try disputing the charge or utilizing small claims court (not that it would be worth the time involved to most).

Cryptic might gain some sales, but they are angering a lot of loyal customers, and how many sales is that going to cost them? If I were in charge I would just follow through on their original promise. It is not like they accidentally left a zero off a Mercedes they were selling. They can afford to give out the T-3 ships to those who bought the T-5.
Lt. Commander
# 167
12-15-2011, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakarak
Cryptic might gain some sales, but they are angering a lot of loyal customers, and how many sales is that going to cost them? If I were in charge I would just follow through on their original promise. It is not like they accidentally left a zero off a Mercedes they were selling. They can afford to give out the T-3 ships to those who bought the T-5.
Cryptic is a Business.
When a retail business makes a mistake and has 2 different price tickers on the same product they have to charge you the lower price. If you find 2 of the same item with 2 different prices they have to charge you the lower price whether or not is was a mistake.
All I'm asking is for Cryptic to stand by their word by making this right. I'd like them to make it right by giving us the T-3. But if they decided to make it right by allowing refunds I'd be OK with that, by giving us a day to get the T-3 I'd be OK with that, I'm just saying they should do something. I know it is a mistake, but sometimes you have to pay for your mistakes, own up to them and do something to try and make it right...... So Cryptic just make it right.

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 168
12-16-2011, 01:20 PM
So, followup?
Lt. Commander
# 169
12-16-2011, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hravik
So, followup?
The Silence...,

Deafening ain't it...?...

Lt. Commander
# 170
12-17-2011, 12:37 AM
Amazing how absolutely stone-silent they have chosen to be. I guess when you get caught red-handed it makes cultivating plausible excuses...challenging.
Closed Thread