Lt. Commander
# 11
12-06-2011, 08:50 AM
To me, it was false advertisement, I went and bought the T-5 Excelsior 'urgently' due to the announcement those buying it before the Season 5 update would also receive the T3. This is not what I received.
Lt. Commander
# 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobayashi Maru
Same here, I want to see Cryptic's response.

And it isn't up for interpretation, the source is here:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...94#post3840094

If the response to your ticket is to be believed, and there no response to this thread, then Cryptic has outright lied to the community and needs to be held accountable.
Correct(and thank you for finding that link as I was about to go looking)
Lt. Commander
# 13
I can confirm that when I discharged my T3 Excelsior in order to free up a ship slot for my T5 Excelsior, I went back through the ship list and discovered that the only way I could get it back was to fork over 1200 C-store points, even though I had purchased the T5 Excelsior before P2W and had access to the T3 at that time.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-06-2011, 08:54 AM
Yeah id like word on this also, we were told by a dev that if had allready bought the T5 versions of the nebula and excelsior prior to the f2p build going live, the T3 versions would be included for FREE.

This is not something you can go back on..
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-06-2011, 09:12 AM
left hand.....right hand.....neither knowing what the other is doing.....plausible deniability would be the most likely route they will take. yes a gold said xxxx, but someone else decided against it and either didn't inform him or said don't mention this and we'll just sneak it in there like we like to do.

The odds of you convincing them to do what they said they were going to do is......rather low. After all they said we'd get a replacement for the 500 day reward that was eqaul or better.........first it was to be a boff, and then it turned out to be something else that they took away from us and in my opinion is NOT the same value. A ship that i'd probly buy from cstore anway OR a large portion of my ship outfitted when i hit max rank.....hmmmmmm

good luck fellas, the farse will need to be with you......
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-06-2011, 09:29 AM
Once again great marketing. I hope for a better answer to the T3 ships. I haven#t bought them, too because of Gekos post.
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-06-2011, 09:31 AM
If we don't get this we were outright lied to and might as well stay bend over because we can never believe anything any Cryptic personnel tells us, and anything they ever gave us can be taken away and put in the C-Store ..... This has been an issue since the release to Holodeck, yet all we get as usual is silence.....
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-06-2011, 09:33 AM
silence is golden?
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-06-2011, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jentai View Post
left hand.....right hand.....neither knowing what the other is doing.....plausible deniability would be the most likely route they will take. yes a gold said xxxx, but someone else decided against it and either didn't inform him or said don't mention this and we'll just sneak it in there like we like to do.

The odds of you convincing them to do what they said they were going to do is......rather low. After all they said we'd get a replacement for the 500 day reward that was eqaul or better.........first it was to be a boff, and then it turned out to be something else that they took away from us and in my opinion is NOT the same value. A ship that i'd probly buy from cstore anway OR a large portion of my ship outfitted when i hit max rank.....hmmmmmm

good luck fellas, the farse will need to be with you......
The 500 day vet reward doesn't compare to this situation. The vet reward changes were announced well in advance of Season 5, and in subsequent conversations Cryptic made it clear they were testing the waters for the right match. So it's expected that this will change, and expected that people's perceived values will be different.

In the case of the T3's, it was explicitly stated that it would be available. It has nothing to do with what you think it's worth or what it is replacing. I dropped my all T3 versions on the post mentioned above, which I wouldn't have done otherwise.
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-06-2011, 10:04 AM
This really needs an official statement and a generous solution must be found.

There are lots of people who are not reading the forums and they are totally confused, even more so due to the bugs at Season 5 release and being unable to claim this or that ship.
Closed Thread