Lt. Commander
# 21
12-06-2011, 10:14 AM
This is a topic I have been waiting for a response from since this mess first went live. Like I said in one of the other t3 t5 threads out there. The devs wont touch this topic with a 50 foot pole.
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-06-2011, 10:31 AM
I''m also very interested in an answer to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duane View Post
The 500 day vet reward doesn't compare to this situation. The vet reward changes were announced well in advance of Season 5, and in subsequent conversations Cryptic made it clear they were testing the waters for the right match. So it's expected that this will change, and expected that people's perceived values will be different.
Actually, it kinda does. They took away something from the 500 day reward, said they we're going to replace it, then they stuck something extra at 600 days claiming it was replacing what they removed from the from the 600 day reward in the first place. And ever since they've stuck their preverbal fingers in their ears and have been chanting "la la la can't hear you la la la" refusing to answer people like myself who never got the emblems and thus have been outright denied a veteran reward.

Further they didn't give an official announcement about the emblem removal until after we discovered a line about it in the September 29th patch notes and started a huge threads of complaints about it. Likewise it was after we had discovered on Tribble that the T3s had become C-Store only that they officially announced that the T3s were being changed to +1s and we're being moved to the C-Store.
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-06-2011, 10:42 AM
Looks like it's time for Brandon's first Trial by Forumfire! Charge phaser-torches, arm pitchfork torpedos, go to RAEG ALERT!

But, seriously. I think that there should be some explanation. This is not adding up.
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-06-2011, 10:43 AM
I only bought the T-5 Excelsior because we were promised we would receive the T-3 ship as well.

All I can advise is: do not panic and do not rage. It is not going to do you any good. As far as I know (until Cryptic states otherwise) we are still getting the T-3 version. More than likely, it just has not been fixed yet. In case you have not noticed, it is not the only issue with the c-store (I still cannot claim my T-5 Nebula).

As for filing a ticket, I would not worry about it too much. I am not sure who responds to the tickets, but it is very common for the left hand not to know what the right hand is doing. Just sit back and wait for Cryptic to address this, one way or another. There is really nothing else you can do.
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-06-2011, 11:00 AM
as someone who had bought both the T5 Excelsior and T5 Nebula, I whole heartedly agree. I recently started a new science toon, and could use nebula's console.

But there is no way I'm spending money on something I already SHOULD HAVE.
Lt. Commander
# 26
12-06-2011, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presticus View Post
Actually, it kinda does. They took away something from the 500 day reward, said they we're going to replace it, then they stuck something extra at 600 days claiming it was replacing what they removed from the from the 600 day reward in the first place. And ever since they've stuck their preverbal fingers in their ears and have been chanting "la la la can't hear you la la la" refusing to answer people like myself who never got the emblems and thus have been outright denied a veteran reward.
This is a case of Cryptic telling us a T5 includes the T3 in our purchase. You are talking about something that equals to the removing a “thanks for playing” award for maintaining your monthly account, where I paid for the account not the award. The T5 and T3 is something I directly paid to receive and expect it have it delivered promptly.
Lt. Commander
# 27
12-06-2011, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobayashi Maru
This is a case of Cryptic telling us a T5 includes the T3 in our purchase. You are talking about something that equals to the removing a “thanks for playing” award for maintaining your monthly account, where I paid for the account not the award. The T5 and T3 is something I directly paid to receive and expect it have it delivered promptly.
Yes I was paying for the account. But I also shelled out that money with the assumption that every vet reward promised to me would be still be available by the time I reached them. Here they were saying "if you purchased ship X you'll also get ship Y unlocked." I have paid for both the T5 Excelsior and T5 Nebula as account wide unlocks but have not received either T3.

So as someone who was promised two different things on different occasions that if you paid Cryptic money you would get an in-game item "down the road" but that they haven't gotten yet, yeah both situations do kinda feel the same.
Lt. Commander
# 28
12-06-2011, 12:09 PM
I must agree.

Captain Geko made it quite clear. They can not just say, He was wrong. You have to buy it again. This issue need to be addressed immediately.

Lt. Commander
# 29
12-06-2011, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakarak
All I can advise is: do not panic and do not rage. It is not going to do you any good. As far as I know (until Cryptic states otherwise) we are still getting the T-3 version. More than likely, it just has not been fixed yet. In case you have not noticed, it is not the only issue with the c-store (I still cannot claim my T-5 Nebula).
Dev's are responding to posts about bugs like the one you mentioned. They aren't responding to any of the threads created about this problem.
Lt. Commander
# 30
12-06-2011, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobayashi Maru
actually we are talkinb about them saying something and not keeping to their word. This thread is about them saying they'd give us the T3 IF we had purchased the T5 and as things sit that is NOT true. The vet reward they said they'd replace it with something of equal or better value and to most people them giving us back something we already had to replace an even better reward doesn't cut it. Simply put they keep saying xxx and doing yyy and expecting us to just praise them for these kinda bs tactics.

If you say something you really ought to keep to it.
Closed Thread