Lt. Commander
# 81 Disappointing
12-07-2011, 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainGeko
Here is the deal. There seems to be some misinterpretation of my following statement, and an error on my part:

"BTW, if you bought the T5 excelsior, you should be able to continue to claim the both the T5 and T3 variant. Only going forward will they be sold separately (BTW, the T5 Excelsior is getting reverted on Tribble to the way it is on holodeck now. You may have to discard your tribble T5 Excelsior and reclaim it to fix it. The T3 Excelsior is just plain getting better. This change to the T5 Excelsior is not in yet, but it's on its way). In fact, any item that changed from an account unlock to a character unlock, or any purchase that gave you something in the past that it no longer gives you (like the T5/T3 Excelsior and Nebula bundles) will be honored, and was always planned to be honored, and nothing less was ever implied."

What I was saying was if you purchased a T5/T3 Excelsior or T5/T3 Nebula bundle before Season 5 went live, then "you should be able to continue to claim…both the T5 and T3 variant (once season 5 goes live)". I have been informed that that bundle was never released. I was under the impression that some players had purchased this bundle, which is what the statement assumes. However, this was an error and said bundle was never actually made available. My statement never meant to imply in any way to go buy a T5 Excelsior now because when Season 5 comes out, you will get a free T3 Excelsior. Our goal, as we have always stated, was that we would continue to honor any purchase made before any Season 5 changes. I sincerely apologize if there was any confusion.

If anyone made a C-Store purchase before Season 5 went live, and your ability to claim that purchased item has changed, please let us know and we will work to correct the discrepancy.

Hope this clears things up.

Best Regards,

-geko
So, can those of use who recently purchased a T5 Nebula or Excelsior based on your previous statement get a refund for that purchase ?
Personally, the only reason I purchased the Neb was because of your statement that those who purchased T5 Excelsior/Nebula's prior to Season 5 would get the T3 versions as well. While I'm sure it was unintentional, this really feels like a "Bait-and-switch" situation.

While I am disappointed, I appreciate the clarification, and I'd appreciate the ability to get a refund on my recent purchase of a Nebula even more.
Lt. Commander
# 82
12-07-2011, 03:12 AM
How about this compromise: You restore the T3 Excelsior/Nebula to EC prices until Jan 17 and only then remove them again and make them C-Store-only, thus giving players who trusted Geko's statements and didn't buy the ships before S5 a chance to buy the ship for EC now?
Lt. Commander
# 83
12-07-2011, 06:11 AM
Quote:
Here is the deal. There seems to be some misinterpretation of my following statement, and an error on my part:

"BTW, if you bought the T5 excelsior, you should be able to continue to claim the both the T5 and T3 variant. Only going forward will they be sold separately (BTW, the T5 Excelsior is getting reverted on Tribble to the way it is on holodeck now. You may have to discard your tribble T5 Excelsior and reclaim it to fix it. The T3 Excelsior is just plain getting better. This change to the T5 Excelsior is not in yet, but it's on its way). In fact, any item that changed from an account unlock to a character unlock, or any purchase that gave you something in the past that it no longer gives you (like the T5/T3 Excelsior and Nebula bundles) will be honored, and was always planned to be honored, and nothing less was ever implied."

What I was saying was if you purchased a T5/T3 Excelsior or T5/T3 Nebula bundle before Season 5 went live, then "you should be able to continue to claim…both the T5 and T3 variant (once season 5 goes live)". I have been informed that that bundle was never released. I was under the impression that some players had purchased this bundle, which is what the statement assumes. However, this was an error and said bundle was never actually made available. My statement never meant to imply in any way to go buy a T5 Excelsior now because when Season 5 comes out, you will get a free T3 Excelsior. Our goal, as we have always stated, was that we would continue to honor any purchase made before any Season 5 changes. I sincerely apologize if there was any confusion.

If anyone made a C-Store purchase before Season 5 went live, and your ability to claim that purchased item has changed, please let us know and we will work to correct the discrepancy.

Best Regards,

-geko

oh... awesome

of course there never was a bundle because the T3 version was FREE to begin with !!!

giving the T3 Version free to people who BOUGHT the T5 version would at least have been a compromise, not a good one but oh well...
thats out of the window now.

good thing that i wasted my energy credits on all my toons to buy those T3 ships then eh ;P
*grab consoles + dismiss*
Lt. Commander
# 84
12-07-2011, 06:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I'm sorry, but this confuses me. What "bundle" are you talking about?
Before the Excelsior was released, the devs said that it would be released as a bundle. When you purchased the T5 version you could then claim the T3 version with an alt. However, before it was released, they changed their minds and just put the T3 version out there for EC and sold only the T5 version on the C-Store. He is quite right that a bundle was considered, but ultimately not released.
Lt. Commander
# 85
12-07-2011, 07:08 AM
Well done, Geko!

Through clever use of phrasing, you've managed to make me part with 1200 CPs that I would not have spent otherwise had this been made clear in the first place! You've got the soul of a marketer, no doubt of that.

But don't worry! Odds are extremely good that I won't be purchasing any more CPs as a result of this! You only get to yank the football away once.

I'd open a ticket on this, but honestly, I'm still waiting on a response to a ticket submitted weeks ago on another purchase, the Tor'kaht ship costume, which mysteriously vanished from my list of purchases. I wouldn't expect another ticket on this matter will be treated any better.
Lt. Commander
# 86
12-07-2011, 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom
How about this compromise: You restore the T3 Excelsior/Nebula to EC prices until Jan 17 and only then remove them again and make them C-Store-only, thus giving players who trusted Geko's statements and didn't buy the ships before S5 a chance to buy the ship for EC now?
Being able to get the T3's in-game for EC is the same as getting them for FREE.

Anyway, I don't have a problem with them changing the rules/monetizing the Neb/Excel T3's for F2P. However, taking away what was FREE from the existing player base, then coming out with a statement to quell community outrage over the issue, stating that anyone that bought/buys the T5's before F2P launch will be able to claim/continue to get the T3's for free, only in the end to be told the statement was a mistake... is outrageous.

Cryptic needs to do the right thing and honor what they said. That F2P will take nothing away (which as we all know didn't turn out that way). That anyone that bought/buys the T5's before F2P will be able to claim/continue to get the T3's for FREE.
Lt. Commander
# 87
12-07-2011, 07:40 AM
Quote:

Best Regards,

-geko
We aren't confused, and we didn't misinterpret your statement, you made it very clear in the first sentence:

Quote:
BTW, if you bought the T5 excelsior, you should be able to continue to claim the both the T5 and T3 variant. Only going forward will they be sold separately
Answer me this, if they are only being sold separately going forward, how could they be anything BUT a bundle? If you implied anything in your original post, it was that the existing offer was the bundle, not separate.

Mistake or not, it's your job to fix it and honor purchases made before Season 5 went live.
Lt. Commander
# 88
12-07-2011, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keppoch
Before the Excelsior was released, the devs said that it would be released as a bundle.
Where? And in his earlier post(quoted in the last post before this one) he didnt say anything about a bundle. He says if you purchased the T5. He may have meant some bundle, but he did NOT say that.
Lt. Commander
# 89
12-07-2011, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keppoch
Before the Excelsior was released, the devs said that it would be released as a bundle. When you purchased the T5 version you could then claim the T3 version with an alt. However, before it was released, they changed their minds and just put the T3 version out there for EC and sold only the T5 version on the C-Store. He is quite right that a bundle was considered, but ultimately not released.
If I remember correctly the reason the T3 Excelsior went in for EC was due to many loud customer demands at Cryptic for a way to get these ships through in-game means. To satisfy that demand Cryptic decided to release the T5 in the C-Store and the T3 for EC.

I guess they saw no need to release a higher $$$ cost bundle when one of those ships could be purchased so readily via in-game currency.
Lt. Commander
# 90
12-07-2011, 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asakara
If I remember correctly the reason the T3 Excelsior went in for EC was due to many loud customer demands at Cryptic for a way to get these ships through in-game means. To satisfy that demand Cryptic decided to release the T5 in the C-Store and the T3 for EC.

I guess they saw no need to release a higher $$$ cost bundle when one of those ships could be purchased so readily via in-game currency.
And that was a LONG time ago:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=177429

So if that was the bundle he was referring to he is extremely out of date in his information.
Closed Thread