Lt. Commander
Is this still being worked on? The Orion male is pretty much all I'm interested in, and I don't want to get my Veteran Boff until I do...
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-06-2011, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlightracer View Post
Is this still being worked on? The Orion male is pretty much all I'm interested in, and I don't want to get my Veteran Boff until I do...
I've already submitted a patch to QA for verification.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-06-2011, 11:54 AM
Thanks for the swift reply.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-06-2011, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jheinig View Post
I've already submitted a patch to QA for verification.
Please tell me that patch moved "Seduce" from the MALE science to the FEMALE science.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-06-2011, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulif_Davis
Please tell me that patch moved "Seduce" from the MALE science to the FEMALE science.
Absolutely not. Why should they not have it? As someone who likes men, I can tell you Orion males are VERY seductive Also, Seduce is a "confuse" power. In the show all it did was make the males on enterprise fall for them, and the women agitated. So, if we have to go all out Canon here, Seduce SHOULDN'T work on female opponents. After all, THAT would be canon.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-06-2011, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlightracer View Post
Also, Seduce is a "confuse" power. In the show all it did was make the males on enterprise fall for them, and the women agitated. So, if we have to go all out Canon here, Seduce SHOULDN'T work on female opponents. After all, THAT would be canon.
I'm fine with that. I just don't want to see males blowing kisses.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-06-2011, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulif_Davis
I'm fine with that. I just don't want to see males blowing kisses.
Hmmm... I'm not sure what emote the males could have that would be less disturbing. I think I'd say 'hold what ya got' for the blow kisses emote. Maybe they could just do it in a more masculine 'evil djin' kind of way? Since the attack is conceptually pheromone based, the 'blow kiss' does communicate something 'invisible' actually traveling toward the enemy. Also as it is pheromone based and works on a biological, not psychological, level it seems like the simplest way to approximate a 'realistic' effect would be to 'confuse' opposite gendered enemies, and to draw agro from 'jealous' same gender enemies, no?
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-06-2011, 02:01 PM
of course, 'gendered' responses would put the enemy NPC (f) attack at a disadvantage in PvE since so many of us are running around with all female away teams :p