Lt. Commander
# 11
12-06-2011, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupAJ1M View Post
Hey all...just a quick question

Is it worth buying the Lifetime with this sale on even though the game is going F2P? I'm in the UK and it looks like it will only cost 130. I'm tempted as Season 5 has made me fall in love with the game again and looking forward to the next featured series when it comes. What you guys think?
I think this works out at about 153 by the time you take the tax into account.

130 is without the tax. You only see the tax amount when you checkout. (See the ** footnote at the bottom of the subscription options page.)

Even at 153 it's still good if you plan on continuing your subscription as opposed to going F2P.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-06-2011, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varlo
For what you're gonna get out of it, if that price of 130 is right, then you'd spend that in a year anyway, with the sub cost and the occasional C-Store flutter. Six and two threes.
8.99 mothly x 12 = 107.88 + the 30 quid of c store crap
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-06-2011, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
Plus the cost of extra char slots, extra bank slots, extra inventory slots, the extra ship slots, the unique playable species, the ability to refine dilithium without having to actually be logged on...

There is a pretty good thread somewhere in here about the total benefits of a LTS. At the current price, I think it is a good deal.
Since you can grind dilithium ingame and DIRECTLY trade it for C-Points, the "cost" of everything you mentioned above is worthless. This really is a case of TIME = MONEY, and in this case, money is losing. Badly.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-06-2011, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfish1
I think this works out at about 153 by the time you take the tax into account.

130 is without the tax. You only see the tax amount when you checkout. (See the ** footnote at the bottom of the subscription options page.)

Even at 153 it's still good if you plan on continuing your subscription as opposed to going F2P.
I never thought of that
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-06-2011, 01:37 PM
Aye, one-fifty, boom - done. Play as much or as little as you like. The freedom of choice is what drew me to buy the Lifetime. If it's one thing you can't possibly blame Cryptic for, it's after-sales taxes lol
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-06-2011, 02:21 PM
I'd look at it from a vet rewards perspective. Half the value in a subscription comes from that and silver players can't get those items.
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-06-2011, 02:46 PM
I did it, and im loving the game even more now!

I mainly did it because my 3 monthly subscription from when the game launched has totalled more than if i had bought a LTS in the first place.
If this game is still going in a years time, and im still playing, then it has more than justified itself.

Do it!
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-06-2011, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupAJ1M View Post
2011 i think you ment lol. But yeah, it's not knowing wheather Cryptic can still deliver or not. From what i can see there's nothing getting in the way of their schedule now that Atari-Perfect World is done, F2P is nearly complete. We should get a steady flow of content on a regular basis after the 2nd anniversary...
Well 2010 and 2011.
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-06-2011, 02:53 PM
$199.99 (American) is the cheapest They have ever sold the LTS...

I got mine for $239.00 last Feb..

If you can afford it..., go for it..., ... is my advice.

Also..., if ya buy it now, you'll get yer stipend at the beginning of the month starting in January.
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-06-2011, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulif_Davis
Keep in mind that the game is going F2P in January. Instead of the cost to play the game, your lifetime subscription go to pay for a stipend of C-Points.

(The following figures are in USD, so please keep that in mind. I don't know the numbers for GBP, or I would run that math for you instead.)
  • C-Points are worth $0.0125 each ($6.25 / 500)
  • One month's allotment (400 points) is worth $5
  • The lifetime subscription is on sale for $200 right now
  • At 400 points per month, you will have to wait for 40 months (3 years, 4 months) ($200 / 5) before you receive your money's worth in C-Points.

With F2P not gating any content, and P2P not providing any REAL incentives, the only thing you're buying is C-Points. If you plan to play every month for the next 3 years, then go for it. Otherwise, I wouldn't recommend it.
The game went 2 years being so so. But now that FTP is going to show up I'm sure it will last for another 3+ years. By that time you would have made your money back. I think its worth it at this price. If it was the regular price I would have said really think about it.