Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Lt. Commander
Once again they are changing what they said and now we are not getting the T-3 ships that we were told we were getting... This is why they are not saying anything, because they just want it to go away!

I have been told by CS that no one is getting the T-3's so once again we were lied to....
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-06-2011, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psytce View Post
Once again they are changing what they said and now we are not getting the T-3 ships that we were told we were getting...

I have been told by CS that no one is getting the T-3's so once again we were lied to....
might want to hold back on that until a dev says that instead of some phonebank employee.

You might be right, but basing it on what a customer service person tells you is hardly convincing evidence.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-06-2011, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam View Post
might want to hold back on that until a dev says that instead of some phonebank employee.

You might be right, but basing it on what a customer service person tells you is hardly convincing evidence.
Unfortunately, neither is waiting on a DEV response around here. How many times have we been told one thing only to have something completely different happen?
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-06-2011, 02:44 PM
Quote:

You aren't hearing anything from a DEV because they want this to just go away ......
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-06-2011, 02:45 PM
Quote:

unfortunately for them, and cryptic, they're paid to say what cryptic tells them to say, Therefore its enough evidence to be correct.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-06-2011, 02:56 PM
I just wanted to clarify something so taht everything is crystal clear.

Baed on this post from CaptainGeko:
Quote:
BTW, if you bought the T5 excelsior, you should be able to continue to claim the both the T5 and T3 variant. Only going forward will they be sold separately (BTW, the T5 Excelsior is getting reverted on Tribble to the way it is on holodeck now. You may have to discard your tribble T5 Excelsior and reclaim it to fix it. The T3 Excelsior is just plain getting better. This change to the T5 Excelsior is not in yet, but it's on its way). In fact, any item that changed from an account unlock to a character unlock, or any purchase that gave you something in the past that it no longer gives you (like the T5/T3 Excelsior and Nebula bundles) will be honored, and was always planned to be honored, and nothing less was ever implied.
it appears that if we have bought the T5 Excelsior through the C-Store in the past (though he does not say that, this is the bundle he was referring to, I believe) then you should be able to claim both still, either as per normal through the C-Store or through the special C-Store 'Legacy Unlocks' panel.

So what you are saying is that, having already bought the T5 Excelsior before the F2P transition on Holodeck, you do not at this time have access to the T3 Excelsior. Have I got that correct?

If so, then this is something that should be addressed by someone with a gold name sooner rather than later, if only to just say that it is a bug they are working on.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-06-2011, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Mink
I just wanted to clarify something so taht everything is crystal clear.

Baed on this post from CaptainGeko:
it appears that if we have bought the T5 Excelsior through the C-Store in the past (though he does not say that, this is the bundle he was referring to, I believe) then you should be able to claim both still, either as per normal through the C-Store or through the special C-Store 'Legacy Unlocks' panel.

So what you are saying is that, having already bought the T5 Excelsior before the F2P transition on Holodeck, you do not at this time have access to the T3 Excelsior. Have I got that correct?

If so, then this is something that should be addressed by someone with a gold name sooner rather than later, if only to just say that it is a bug they are working on.
I believe what he is saying is that he has heard from CS and they are saying that you are not getting the T-3 version, you have to buy it again.
That being the case I understand why he is annoyed .... just add it to all of the other items that have been changed lately.......

It would really be nice to hear from a Dev on this, but once again all we are getting is silence.... There may be something to what he is saying. .....
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-06-2011, 05:12 PM
Well, basically we have heard from them. They've said it all with silence. I keep saying, when the STO team is silent, that means bad news nobody will like. When they do speak, don't just take a grain of salt, take a truck load then believe the exact opposite of what they said. Unilt they prove themselves right.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-06-2011, 05:25 PM
I see two problems.

1. Assuming that Cryptic is a company where all the customer service employees are well-informed about this issue.

2. The argument from ignorance logical fallacy (assuming that because Cryptic has not confirmed that we are getting them or unlocked them in the c-store that we are not getting them).

The fact is, I think the statement that Gecko made was difficult to interpret as anything but: if you bought the T-5 version, you get the T-3 version. Considering that a number of people, including myself, made the decision to spend money prior to F2P because of this statement, there are potential legal repercussions if they do not follow through on this promise or offer a cash refund.

Because of these potential legal repercussions (and for reasons of plain good customer service) I strongly suspect that we will get our T-3 ships even if what Gecko wrote was a mistake. Everyone needs to take a deep breath, calm down, and wait for someone who does not get paid minimum wage to read from a script to address this issue. Gecko wrote that we were getting the T-3 ships and the probability is good that we will.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-06-2011, 05:48 PM
Thanks for your patience in this matter, Captains. I am working to get clarification for you all and will post any information I get in this thread.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=