Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
12-06-2011, 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE_BranFlakes
Thanks for your patience in this matter, Captains. I am working to get clarification for you all and will post any information I get in this thread.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
What's to clarify? Simply put, we were told if we already bought the T5 Neb and Excel, or that if we purchase the T5 Neb and Excel before F2P launch, the T3 versions would also be unlocked for us come F2P. In other words, the T5's / T3's were only going to be separate purchases after F2P launch.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
12-06-2011, 06:40 PM
If it does turn out we were supposed to get the T3 versions if we purchased the T5 prior to F2P conversion, will you refund those who bought the T3 who should have gotten it with their previous T5 purchase?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
12-06-2011, 07:53 PM
Here is the deal. There seems to be some misinterpretation of my following statement, and an error on my part:

"BTW, if you bought the T5 excelsior, you should be able to continue to claim the both the T5 and T3 variant. Only going forward will they be sold separately (BTW, the T5 Excelsior is getting reverted on Tribble to the way it is on holodeck now. You may have to discard your tribble T5 Excelsior and reclaim it to fix it. The T3 Excelsior is just plain getting better. This change to the T5 Excelsior is not in yet, but it's on its way). In fact, any item that changed from an account unlock to a character unlock, or any purchase that gave you something in the past that it no longer gives you (like the T5/T3 Excelsior and Nebula bundles) will be honored, and was always planned to be honored, and nothing less was ever implied."


What I was saying was if you purchased a T5/T3 Excelsior or T5/T3 Nebula bundle before Season 5 went live, then "you should be able to continue to claim…both the T5 and T3 variant (once season 5 goes live)". I have been informed that that bundle was never released. I was under the impression that some players had purchased this bundle, which is what the statement assumes. However, this was an error and said bundle was never actually made available. My statement never meant to imply in any way to go buy a T5 Excelsior now because when Season 5 comes out, you will get a free T3 Excelsior. Our goal, as we have always stated, was that we would continue to honor any purchase made before any Season 5 changes. I sincerely apologize if there was any confusion.

If anyone made a C-Store purchase before Season 5 went live, and your ability to claim that purchased item has changed, please let us know and we will work to correct the discrepancy.

Hope this clears things up.


Best Regards,

-geko
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
12-06-2011, 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainGeko
...


What I was saying was if you purchased a T5/T3 Excelsior or T5/T3 Nebula bundle before Season 5 went live, then "you should be able to continue to claim…both the T5 and T3 variant (once season 5 goes live)". I have been informed that that bundle was never released. I was under the impression that some players had purchased this bundle, which is what the statement assumes. However, this was an error and said bundle was never actually made available. My statement never meant to imply in any way to go buy a T5 Excelsior now because when Season 5 comes out, you will get a free T3 Excelsior. Our goal, as we have always stated, was that we would continue to honor any purchase made before any Season 5 changes. I sincerely apologize if there was any confusion.

...
I was confused by your original statement and incorrectly believed that if you purchased the T5 version in the C-Store prior to S5 you would still have access to the T3 version for EC post S5.

I am not upset at all mind you.. But I did interpret your original statement differently than you present it now.

Thank you for the clarification.

Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
12-06-2011, 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainGeko
Here is the deal. There seems to be some misinterpretation of my following statement, and an error on my part:

"BTW, if you bought the T5 excelsior, you should be able to continue to claim the both the T5 and T3 variant. Only going forward will they be sold separately (BTW, the T5 Excelsior is getting reverted on Tribble to the way it is on holodeck now. You may have to discard your tribble T5 Excelsior and reclaim it to fix it. The T3 Excelsior is just plain getting better. This change to the T5 Excelsior is not in yet, but it's on its way). In fact, any item that changed from an account unlock to a character unlock, or any purchase that gave you something in the past that it no longer gives you (like the T5/T3 Excelsior and Nebula bundles) will be honored, and was always planned to be honored, and nothing less was ever implied."


What I was saying was if you purchased a T5/T3 Excelsior or T5/T3 Nebula bundle before Season 5 went live, then "you should be able to continue to claim…both the T5 and T3 variant (once season 5 goes live)". I have been informed that that bundle was never released. I was under the impression that some players had purchased this bundle, which is what the statement assumes. However, this was an error and said bundle was never actually made available. My statement never meant to imply in any way to go buy a T5 Excelsior now because when Season 5 comes out, you will get a free T3 Excelsior. Our goal, as we have always stated, was that we would continue to honor any purchase made before any Season 5 changes. I sincerely apologize if there was any confusion.

If anyone made a C-Store purchase before Season 5 went live, and your ability to claim that purchased item has changed, please let us know and we will work to correct the discrepancy.

Hope this clears things up.


Best Regards,

-geko
So what you are basically saying is you messed up, you know it, but we still aren't getting the FREE T3 vesrions of the Nebula and Excelsior to go with the T5 versions we allready bought?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
12-06-2011, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SatansHell View Post
So what you are basically saying is you messed up, you know it, but we still aren't getting the FREE T3 vesrions of the Nebula and Excelsior to go with the T5 versions we allready bought?
It would be nice if Cryptic would simply choose to give us the T-3 versions of these two ships. However, it is not usually reasonable to expect that a business honor a mistake of this nature (which would be, for example, similar to mislisting the price, features, or model number on a piece of merchandise). What they are obligated to do is offer a cash refund for anyone who can show evidence that they purchased one of these ships because of this misleading statement.

I will probably be requesting one in the next few weeks.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
12-07-2011, 02:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainGeko
Here is the deal. There seems to be some misinterpretation of my following statement, and an error on my part:

"BTW, if you bought the T5 excelsior, you should be able to continue to claim the both the T5 and T3 variant. Only going forward will they be sold separately (BTW, the T5 Excelsior is getting reverted on Tribble to the way it is on holodeck now. You may have to discard your tribble T5 Excelsior and reclaim it to fix it. The T3 Excelsior is just plain getting better. This change to the T5 Excelsior is not in yet, but it's on its way). In fact, any item that changed from an account unlock to a character unlock, or any purchase that gave you something in the past that it no longer gives you (like the T5/T3 Excelsior and Nebula bundles) will be honored, and was always planned to be honored, and nothing less was ever implied."


What I was saying was if you purchased a T5/T3 Excelsior or T5/T3 Nebula bundle before Season 5 went live, then "you should be able to continue to claim…both the T5 and T3 variant (once season 5 goes live)". I have been informed that that bundle was never released. I was under the impression that some players had purchased this bundle, which is what the statement assumes. However, this was an error and said bundle was never actually made available. My statement never meant to imply in any way to go buy a T5 Excelsior now because when Season 5 comes out, you will get a free T3 Excelsior. Our goal, as we have always stated, was that we would continue to honor any purchase made before any Season 5 changes. I sincerely apologize if there was any confusion.

If anyone made a C-Store purchase before Season 5 went live, and your ability to claim that purchased item has changed, please let us know and we will work to correct the discrepancy.

Hope this clears things up.


Best Regards,

-geko
Where can I give this Feedback? Bug tickets aren't worked upon.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
12-07-2011, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainGeko
Here is the deal. There seems to be some misinterpretation of my following statement, and an error on my part:

"BTW, if you bought the T5 excelsior, you should be able to continue to claim the both the T5 and T3 variant. Only going forward will they be sold separately (BTW, the T5 Excelsior is getting reverted on Tribble to the way it is on holodeck now. You may have to discard your tribble T5 Excelsior and reclaim it to fix it. The T3 Excelsior is just plain getting better. This change to the T5 Excelsior is not in yet, but it's on its way). In fact, any item that changed from an account unlock to a character unlock, or any purchase that gave you something in the past that it no longer gives you (like the T5/T3 Excelsior and Nebula bundles) will be honored, and was always planned to be honored, and nothing less was ever implied."


What I was saying was if you purchased a T5/T3 Excelsior or T5/T3 Nebula bundle before Season 5 went live, then "you should be able to continue to claim…both the T5 and T3 variant (once season 5 goes live)". I have been informed that that bundle was never released. I was under the impression that some players had purchased this bundle, which is what the statement assumes. However, this was an error and said bundle was never actually made available. My statement never meant to imply in any way to go buy a T5 Excelsior now because when Season 5 comes out, you will get a free T3 Excelsior. Our goal, as we have always stated, was that we would continue to honor any purchase made before any Season 5 changes. I sincerely apologize if there was any confusion.

If anyone made a C-Store purchase before Season 5 went live, and your ability to claim that purchased item has changed, please let us know and we will work to correct the discrepancy.

Hope this clears things up.


Best Regards,

-geko
I honestly don't care, but just a point... You say:

Quote:
My statement never meant to imply in any way to go buy a T5 Excelsior now because when Season 5 comes out, you will get a free T3 Excelsior.
That is a lie, there was no implication in your statement, you directly said:

Quote:
if you bought the T5 excelsior, you should be able to continue to claim the both the T5 and T3 variant.
IE, the only conclusion that can be made from the above statement is that if you bought the T5 Excelsior pre season 5 when you made that statement, you WILL get the tier 3 version post Season 5.

That said, I dont care if I have to purchase the Tier 3 variant, I personally dont need it, but I can see others are annoyed
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
12-07-2011, 08:37 AM
So, we've been mislead by yet another Dev. how unsurprising. Seriously, you all should just keep your word and give the T3 to those who had the T5, or bought the T5 based on this information. They did things based on your post and now you change it. Twice in a matter of a few weeks the player base has reacted to something a DEV said, only to have it changed on them, to Benefit Cryptic, again.

your word guys, to be totally honest, is just about worthless now.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
12-07-2011, 08:42 AM
I guess I'll repeat what I said in the other thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainGeko
I sincerely apologize if there was any confusion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Everyone makes mistakes, so thats understandable. HOWEVER when a business misleads customers, even unintentionally, they have an obligation to fix the situation. Therefore you need to talk to whoever makes theses kinds of decisions to offer a refund to anyone who bought the T5 ships between your previous incorrect post and your current post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Where? And in his earlier post(quoted in the last post before this one) he didnt say anything about a bundle. He says if you purchased the T5. He may have meant some bundle, but he did NOT say that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
And that was a LONG time ago:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=177429

So if that was the bundle he was referring to he is extremely out of date in his information.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:55 AM.