Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
12-07-2011, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuui View Post
So, we've been mislead by yet another Dev. how unsurprising. Seriously, you all should just keep your word and give the T3 to those who had the T5, or bought the T5 based on this information. They did things based on your post and now you change it. Twice in a matter of a few weeks the player base has reacted to something a DEV said, only to have it changed on them, to Benefit Cryptic, again.

your word guys, to be totally honest, is just about worthless now.
Yes, you might as well not ask them anything because the answer is always changing .....

Kirk (Us): Everything Cryptic says is a lie.....
Spock (Cryptic): We are lying, no wait We're not lying, no wait We are lying ...We are doing the opposite of anything that was told to the customers.... no wait We are doing everything we said we would for the customer .....

Bottom Line is that we can never believe anything we are told because as soon as they find out that it benefits the customer and not Cryptic, they say they didn't mean it that way ....

But one question I'm still looking for the answer to: If you read "BTW, if you bought the T5 excelsior, you should be able to continue to claim the both the T5 and T3 variant. Only going forward will they be sold separately." how do you not mean that we will be getting both variants after the switch to F2P?

I also want to point out that later on in that thread there are post that actually point to the T-5, T-3 issue and thank Gecko for clearing up the issue and letting them know they are getting the T-3. These post are after his original post on 10-31-2011 and before the post that starts out with "Lots of great comments here. One of the most consistent themes I am hearing is that you feel you are getting lack of information. Let me honestly say that we are really doing our best. It is the reason we are doing such regular Dev Bogs and the reason I am posting here now instead of finishing the skill system. There simply is a lot of information to get out there, and a lot of it changes very quickly." which was posted on 11/1/2011 ...... and there is nothing said......and later on in the same day there is a post by "Psi'a Meese" and here is that post:
Quote:
Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainGeko
BTW, if you bought the T5 excelsior, you should be able to continue to claim the both the T5 and T3 variant. Only going forward will they be sold separately (BTW, the T5 Excelsior is getting reverted on Tribble to the way it is on holodeck now. You may have to discard your tribble T5 Excelsior and reclaim it to fix it. The T3 Excelsior is just plain getting better. This change to the T5 Excelsior is not in yet, but it's on its way). In fact, any item that changed from an account unlock to a character unlock, or any purchase that gave you something in the past that it no longer gives you (like the T5/T3 Excelsior and Nebula bundles) will be honored, and was always planned to be honored, and nothing less was ever implied.
I'm relieved that current owners aren't getting hosed as previously assumed. For current owners on Holodeck, if you have the t5 purchased are you just getting the t5 with a t3 skin option? Or does it unlock the t3 for, say, an alt who just reached Commander? That seems to be the implication of what you'll see going forward if I read Geko's post correctly.
So it is known on that day that everyone who is reading this thread has stop worrying that that will not have the T-3 versions of these ships and nothing was said by any Cryptic Employee for over a month that this was not going to happen. There were other post during that month talking about how great cryptic was for allowing everyone who bought the T-5 version to keep access to the T-3 version ..... But alas it was not to be.....

THIS IS JUST WRONG CRYPTIC..... YOU SHOULD HONOR YOUR WORD ..... BUT YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT HONOR .....

This is just another incident where the customers get screwed because no one at the company let the customer know that the T-3 versions weren't included with the T-5 versions until the customers could no longer get the T-3's for Energy Credits .......

Do you guys know the damage you are doing to your company when it is always looking like you do nothing but go back on your word? I hope the 800 CP for each of these ships are worth the PR nightmare that has arisen out of this........ Your reputation has gone to the dogs.......
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-07-2011, 11:32 AM
I thought it was pretty obvious Cryptic wouldn't honor their word when they changed the referral program and sold the Galaxy X on the C-Store after leading on the Master Recruiters to do their end of the agreement. The trust in Cryptic seems to be gone now; devaluing (taking) in-game currency, deploying money grabs, withholding content and now this.
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-07-2011, 11:34 AM
My Klingon heart bleeds, all 8 valves.

Being promised something that arrives late or doesn't arrive at all is horrible....
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-07-2011, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psytce View Post

So it is known on that day that everyone who is reading this thread has stop worrying that that will not have the T-3 versions of these ships and nothing was said by any Cryptic Employee for over a month that this was not going to happen. There were other post during that month talking about how great cryptic was for allowing everyone who bought the T-5 version to keep access to the T-3 version ..... But alas it was not to be.....

You, sir, win a gold medal. This is exactly what is wrong with Geko's statement earlier in this post. He was clearly reading that entire thread, he even commented in it later to clear things up on other topics. Yet the people praising the T3 decision never got a response correcting them, and moreso no one else at Cryptic bothered to correct him or clarify his post. It just says they were happy he killed the fire and weren't about to stir it up again even if he was wrong.

To come here and claim you have no idea things were taken so far out of context is completely absurd. Maybe Geko did in fact make a mistake, to which kudos for admitting it, but it doesn't excuse the rest of Cryptic for leaving it as-is for a month without clarification of any kind, despite comments about it EVERYWHERE and the praise Geko was getting from the community for what he said.

The post from yesterday is the kind of thing you say after you consulted your lawyer about the best way to redact your comment without getting sued. I don't know if he was being sincere or he was told to say that by a higher paygrade, but either way Cryptic did something wrong and needs to fix the situation.
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-07-2011, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobayashi Maru
Cryptic did something wrong and needs to fix the situation.
Thats the story of every miserably stupid decision they've made since the PWE acquisition.

I didn't buy the *first* time they sprung this kind of "Thats not what we said, and if you contradict us you are an immature bad person." much less the second time.
Lt. Commander
# 26
12-07-2011, 12:01 PM
Out of curiosity, has anyone thought of taking situations like this to a lawyer? It's not the first time they've done something like this. It is also not the first time people have either alluded to or outright called it fraud, bait and switch, etc. Just like to know if anyone has taken that step yet.
Lt. Commander
# 27
12-07-2011, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent_Patton
Out of curiosity, has anyone thought of taking situations like this to a lawyer? It's not the first time they've done something like this. It is also not the first time people have either alluded to or outright called it fraud, bait and switch, etc. Just like to know if anyone has taken that step yet.
If I had a quatloo for every time someone said over the past two and a half years that they would take Cryptic to court for anything, I would be able to afford those fifth and sixth points that the Gamesters of Triskelion couldn't.

To the best of my knowledge, nobody has followed through on their threat to bring legal action against Cryptic. Though, if they had, their lawyer probably suggested to them to not breathe a word about it.
Lt. Commander
# 28
12-07-2011, 12:18 PM
True, whoever actually took that step was probably told not to say anything. So I guess none of us will know about it if/when it becomes news. But since the accusations are criminal not civil it's kind of a responsibility to take the issue beyond them to legal channels. This is especially true since the company won't do anything beyond "Oh, we didn't mean it like that" when what they said cannot be construed in any other way and if people bought the T5 Excelsior on the expectation of being able to claim the T3 for free.
Lt. Commander
# 29
12-07-2011, 01:07 PM
You can also file a complaint to the BBB and see what action they want to take.

The link is here: http://sanjose.bbb.org/Home.aspx
Lt. Commander
# 30
12-07-2011, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent_Patton
The EULA covers their behind on this. Cryptic can change the game, change prices, change sales, change items you purchased, delete items you purchased, delete your characters, delete your account, do whatever they want and you the player agree to this every time you log into their game.

That said, they should do something to make this right. If Geko misspoke about a bundle that never went to the store then that shows poor communication inside the Cryptic offices. And the forums were full of posts from players excited about getting the T3 versions if they bought the T5. None of the forum mods saw that players were exited about this bundle that did not exist. That shows poor communication on the community management side also.

Mistakes were made and we are all human so a miscommunication is understandable. But it's now being perceived as false advertising and outright lies by the community. The ball is in their court if they want to do something to make this right. I'm sure the accountants are objecting to giving free T3 Nebulas and Excelsiors. Someone above their pay grade needs to step in and overrule them - it's just the right thing to do for your customers.