Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Lt. Commander
# 51
12-11-2011, 08:50 AM
Cryptic are liars.

Cryptic have always been liars

They lied under Atari and they have lied under Perfect World
The only difference is the lying is become more and more overt as Cryptic continue to treat their playebase with contempt.
Fairly obvious Cryptic do not care about the existing playerbase because F2P is going to bring in a surge of people that will accept the practice as part of the F2P market culture.

Try to point out what they said before - Your wrong and Cryptic is right
Point out that it really WAS Cryptic at fault - You get silence and / or silenced via locks, infractions or bans

Anyone who has been around long enough can quickly spot the repeating pattern with Cryptic employees saying one thing and then later going back on what they said. The eventual response is:
We are right, you are wrong, we will do what we want and you will take it. The only thing that matters to us is $$$.

However, the playerbase is to blame for this as much as Cryptic.
Cryptic is an abusive husband and the playerbase is the wife that keeps going back even when they know better and have access to the means to leave.

The T3 was meant to be part of the T5 ship purchase. A Cryptic Employee directly stated as much and as a result people naturally bought the product.

Three ways to deal with this:

Cryptic honour the statement
Cryptic offer refunds for those with the T5 purchase
Cryptic fire the employee responsible for making false statements

However, since Cryptic are spineless, callous and blatant liars expect them to do nothing.
Lt. Commander
# 52
12-11-2011, 11:53 AM
I'm going through CBS right now but unfortantly it is the holidays, so the people that would handle this seem to be on vacation at the moment.
Lt. Commander
# 53
12-11-2011, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursix
I'm going through CBS right now but unfortantly it is the holidays, so the people that would handle this seem to be on vacation at the moment.
This is actually a fantastic idea. Whereas Cryptic doesn't seem to value feedback, I can tell you from firsthand experience that CBS takes complaints about their IPs being tarnished very seriously. I think a blatant lie by a developer being posted on the forums which could potentially have negative financial consequences qualifies.
Lt. Commander
# 54
12-11-2011, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
Well... while I read that I actually remember that I bought a "bundle".

The Excelsiors description CLEARLY said that if I bought the T5 excelsior I'd get the t3 excelsior unlocked AND the t5 excelsior costume (That Lakota/Ent-B one) would be unlocked at the t3 excelsior.

I remember that in particular since a Friend I used to play with who bought the same thing asked me how that works with the free t3 and then I found out that it doesnt work at all... (didnt bother for myself since I happened to be VA already^^)
Later when I leveled again I didnt care that much either since... 137.000 EC didnt seem worth filing a GM ticket that gets a Makro response ca 6 month later... I was just anoyed that the promised costume didnt work.,

But yeah, clearly, C Store said t3 version would be free even back then.
Exactly.

Cryptic doesn't seem to care for their image. I have already been made fun of for playing a Cryptic game (STO) and guess what, I can understand people. My faith in Cryptic in every regard was gone long ago, and it only gets worse.

The bad image they continue to create by such actions is going to cost them customers. If it would not be Star Trek I would already have left the game and the company behind. Guess why I am not going to test any future Cryptic game and why I not even bothered with Champions when it went F2P.

Do they really expect people to swallow the pill and BUY a ship they could get for a mere 125.000 Energy Credits for 800 C-Store points? Disgusting.
Lt. Commander
# 55
12-11-2011, 12:22 PM
10 years ago I could buy an ice cream for 10 cents. They cost over a Euro now! Do they think I am a fool? I won't be buying any ice creams anymore for myself or anyone else!
Lt. Commander
# 56
12-12-2011, 01:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik
10 years ago I could buy an ice cream for 10 cents. They cost over a Euro now! Do they think I am a fool? I won't be buying any ice creams anymore for myself or anyone else!
That isn't the point. To use your analogy, it's like being told that if you bought an ice cream before the prices rise you would be able to get a second one at the pre-price rise value after the price is put up, then once the price is put up being told that you can't.

I was told, with no room for misinterpretation, that the T3 Excelsior would be available to me without C-Store purchase after the f2p build went live if I bought the T5 Excelsior (not bundle, there was NO mention of a bundle!) before the f2p build went live. This is the ONLY reason I purchased the T5 when I did and I was mislead.

I actually don't care if this is claimed for free or for energy credits (as before) - however I should not have to purchase it form the C-Store.
Lt. Commander
# 57
12-12-2011, 02:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminMaxwell View Post
This is actually a fantastic idea. Whereas Cryptic doesn't seem to value feedback, I can tell you from firsthand experience that CBS takes complaints about their IPs being tarnished very seriously. I think a blatant lie by a developer being posted on the forums which could potentially have negative financial consequences qualifies.
Good idea.

Can somebody post a link to CBS Feedback and perhaps PM me a good message for them ?
Lt. Commander
# 58
12-12-2011, 07:49 AM
CBS Corporation: Contact Us

MODS: This post is not an infraction of the forums Terms of Use, as the bottom of every page on this webside states the following:

& 2008 CBS Studios Inc. All rights reserved. STAR TREK and related marks are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc.
Lt. Commander
# 59
12-12-2011, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik
What does the T3 issue have to do with inflation? Cryptic had one of their employees post false information about the future of a specific item in their game and then decided not to honor it without first informing their customers of the change.
Lt. Commander
# 60
12-12-2011, 08:23 AM
So I purchased the Excelsior and Nebula back in the day, and went to go claim the T3 Excelsior for my fresh commander captain. I was a little shocked when I went to go buy it, that it wanted me to spend 800 CP to get it. However I already owned it from a previous purchase, so it should be unlocked yes?

Not so much. Since i'm only commander rank, I can't claim the Excelsior as it seems to be feeding on the T5 version and not the T3. The ship specifications you see when trying to claim it, is indeed the T3 version of the ship. So if I read this thread right, the T5 and the T3 versions are separate ships?

What ever happened to the, nothing was going to change concerning the stuff we already purchased? If the T3 was unlocked by purchasing the T5 version than it should remain so regardless of if it was a bundle or not. If need be leave it like that for the F2P transition and move the ships to Legacy Unlocks for the people who already purchased this item and be able to buy the T3 version for energy credits like before.