Lt. Commander
# 1 Omega/MACO Costume Unlocks
12-06-2011, 04:04 PM
Can anyone tell me which pieces of the Omega and MACO sets unlock with each set of Mk gear?
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-06-2011, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krako View Post
Can anyone tell me which pieces of the Omega and MACO sets unlock with each set of Mk gear?
I like to know what MK gear unlock the visuals as well please.
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-07-2011, 12:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneRommel
so what mark was that?

As i understand it mk x does nothing
mk xi unlocks most of it
mk xii unlocks the helmet and maybe something else?

does the unlock you have become account wide, can you use it on other characters? can you use it on your bridge officers?
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-07-2011, 12:28 AM
Judging by the file name I'm guess Mk XI
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-07-2011, 02:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krako View Post
Well, you need the FULL set each, not just parts.

The full MKX set unlocks nothing.
The full MKXI set unlocks a "basic" version of the visuals, wich honestly, is not worth the efford.
The full MKXII unlocks the full costume but is, IMO, next to impossible to get.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-07-2011, 02:51 AM
What's the point in bothering with this? The MKXI visuals aren't worth the time. They look ridiculous with the missing pieces. The elite version is almost impossible to get. It sounds like that 40 year grind in PW for the best armour I heard about. Why did Cryptic go to the trouble of making these beautiful costumes when only 1% of the player population might get their hands on it.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-07-2011, 03:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter83 View Post
What's the point in bothering with this? The MKXI visuals aren't worth the time. They look ridiculous with the missing pieces. The elite version is almost impossible to get. It sounds like that 40 year grind in PW for the best armour I heard about. Why did Cryptic go to the trouble of making these beautiful costumes when only 1% of the player population might get their hands on it.
Pitifully there is no point.
Yes, the Elite versions are almost not to get.
I personally really really wantet them because I want FINALLY an even REMOTLY fitting costume for my KDF mercenary, but to get that I'd have to run just elite just ground until I have luck, making 197 of 200 runs without progress or result. If its even done with 200.
For the stats I'd be fine with the MKXI until I get lucky... And when I believed the costume would unlock with that I did the new STFs like crazy, but as soon as I found out that I need MKXII I stoped since I know I'll never get them

Unltimatly, its just another cryptic fail. I'll add it to the list and go on.

The worst thing about it:
Before S5 I at least enjoed the STFs for... fun.
Now... not any more, because the only and most important thing to get there is impossible to get, and it feels to me like having even LESS content.
But thats just my view on it.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-07-2011, 04:45 AM
How do you get the Mk X / XI / XII gear when doing the STFs? I take it you just play on Normal / Advanced / Elite difficulty respectively?

Lt. Commander
# 10
12-07-2011, 04:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streakfury View Post
How do you get the Mk X / XI / XII gear when doing the STFs? I take it you just play on Normal / Advanced / Elite difficulty respectively?

There are only two tiers, Normal and Elite.

Mk X and XI gear tokens drop on both. You also get a currency to buy them with. Mk X costs 20 ECD (Encrypted Data Chips) per piece and Mk XI costs 40 per piece. These EDC drop twice as often on Elite.

Mk XII gear drops on elite but cannot be bought with EDC.

A set of Mk X gear unlocks a title. Mk XI gear unlocks a simple no helmet armor that can be worn in a special costume slot and a title. Mk XII gear unlocks the sets worn by the NPCs and a title.

A complete set of Mk XI gear will take 120 runs on normal to guarantee you get it and 60 runs on Elite. There are two sets you can collect (Omega Force and Faction specific), meaning 240 runs on normal or 120 runs on elite to get both gear sets. It can always take less if you get a lucky drop.

For Mk XII gear, you're reliant on lucky drops on Elite.