Lt. Commander
# 11
12-07-2011, 04:56 AM
Thanks for the info. Damn, that's a lot of effort, although those Mk XII helmets/suit thingies look awesome.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-07-2011, 05:53 AM
I dont know why everyone bothers catering to the 1% either. Just another reason we need a Occupy STO.
It does seem like a total waste of resources to put work into this and almost no one at this rate will ever get their hands on it.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-07-2011, 06:11 AM
Front
Back

Better images showing what can be colored. I probably wouldn't wear the helmet even if I had it. Whether something is worth it or not is a up to the individual. Personally I love the armor look.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-07-2011, 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneRommel
Front
Back

Better images showing what can be colored. I probably wouldn't wear the helmet even if I had it. Whether something is worth it or not is a up to the individual. Personally I love the armor look.
As I'd suspected: the light up parts used by the NPCs only light up in the Elite/Mk XII versions.
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-07-2011, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
For Mk XII gear, you're reliant on lucky drops on Elite.
Ah Felgercarb.

Time for me to learn how to speed-run Elite STFs.

Joyous.
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-07-2011, 07:48 AM
Thanks Leviathan99 for the info. Well, even though the best looking gear is reserved for the 1%, that's not too bad overall. We get a new look, something to do daily (albeit a grind), and a special look for those who work really hard to earn it. It's something I'll probably never get, but I'm not going to call it a Cryptic fail. I mean, they made these Borg STF's finally accessible to the masses to be able to complete. Previously, I only saw Infected. With these updates I've already done Cure (Ground and Space) and saw some of the other one (a space one where you defend a ship, but it was on Elite and my group failed). I may have done more if I hadn't been distracted with the new DOff stuff that's taking most of my play time.
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-07-2011, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrNightfire
I dont know why everyone bothers catering to the 1% either. Just another reason we need a Occupy STO.
It does seem like a total waste of resources to put work into this and almost no one at this rate will ever get their hands on it.
There's value in it taking effort to accomplish something. If everyone's running around with this new costume unlock then it's devalued.
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-07-2011, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrNightfire
.... but it will be a money marker for them. I have no doubt that very soon you will see random gift boxes in the c-store that will give you a chance to win parts of the Mk XII armor set.
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-07-2011, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phatbhuda View Post
There's value in it taking effort to accomplish something. If everyone's running around with this new costume unlock then it's devalued.
LOL there is no accomplishment in it, only pure luck.
A person may get all his set pieces in the first few runs, or a player may "never" get them no matter how many times he plays.

They really need to make the Elite costumes obtainable through another means, maybe with 20 "Prototype Borg Salvage" or something that, something that is an uncommon drop and not extremely rare.
Because seriously, if you muddle through like 50 or 100 STF's on Elite, then you have bloody well earned it.

Btw does anyone have any screenshots of the Veteran Honor Guard costume???
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-07-2011, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
LOL there is no accomplishment in it, only pure luck.
A person may get all his set pieces in the first few runs, or a player may "never" get them no matter how many times he plays.
What they need is to do away with the current way of getting mk XII and instead have Elite STFs reward a different kind of datachip, one that goes towards purchasing mk XII.

For both types of STFs the amount of both types of Datachips you get should be a base rate + a certain bonus based on how fast you run the mission + a bonus for completing optional objectives.