Lt. Commander
# 1 WTB Federation Carriers Plox
12-06-2011, 08:52 PM
Seems kind oif redundant that federation does have any carrier classes. Klingons have like a half dozen at least with the new addition of ships with the Kar'fi getting a second hangar bay. I just wish they did have some. I dont really care to play federation because they don't have any carriers, which i have always liked playing pet classes in every MMO i've played.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-06-2011, 09:29 PM
Uncanonical for Federation to have carriers. It does not suit the ethos of the United Federation of Planets for them to have one.

...Plus, if I recall, Dev team already answered this ages ago and said no Federation Carriers will ever exist in STO.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-06-2011, 09:57 PM
no. u want a fed carrier carrier buy the (dare i say it) the gal-x and through scorpions on it. klink NOW have a half dozen carriers before they only HAD two and that was at endgame and required a radical amount of time to adjust and retune to get it to work right.

lets say you get the fedcarrier what incentive do you have to play a klink?

every side needs a different ways of playing and different toys to play with.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-06-2011, 10:13 PM
The Odessy class (Enterprise F) is going to be a carrier.

It's going to have 4 bays that can each launch a Defiant; 3 Cm, 2 LtCm, and 1 Lt Universal BOFF seats; 60000 base hull; 4x shield modifier; and +25 to all power levels. Should be a fun ship.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-07-2011, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinii

It's going to have 4 bays that can each launch a Defiant; 3 Cm, 2 LtCm, and 1 Lt Universal BOFF seats; 60000 base hull; 4x shield modifier; and +25 to all power levels. Should be a fun ship.
i love trolls as the specs of the ent-Fs size is nearly that of another massive federation(fan-made) flagship vessel that was 1400 meters long and 52 decks thick but could only hold one defiant sized vessel in its shuttlebay(in the show was a MACO strike vessel but nevertheless)plus linky or it never happened.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-07-2011, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinii

And the deflector can be upgraded to an orbital friendship cannon. :p
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-07-2011, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeValle
I dont really care to play federation because they don't have any carriers, which i have always liked playing pet classes in every MMO i've played.
THEN
PLAY
A
KLINGON
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-07-2011, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remissus View Post
Uncanonical for Federation to have carriers. It does not suit the ethos of the United Federation of Planets for them to have one.

...Plus, if I recall, Dev team already answered this ages ago and said no Federation Carriers will ever exist in STO.
See, it's not canon for there to be ANY carriers, for anyone. The Klinks never had one on TV. The UFP may or may not believe in an Aircraft carrier style of ship. Those Fighters during the Dominion War had to be parked somewhere.

It's a game play gimmick for the Klingons, to give people a reason to play said Klingon. That's all it is. Let's not pretend that it's got anything to do with the Federation's ethics or foreign policy.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-07-2011, 10:08 AM
Klingons having carriers doesn't bother me. Not being able to target ships surrounded by mines, fighters, aceton generators, frigates and such does.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-07-2011, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint01
Those Fighters during the Dominion War had to be parked somewhere.
Yup, starbases.