Lt. Commander
# 1 Tosk of Borg
12-06-2011, 09:42 PM
I just watched Stoked 106 and they said that the Khitomer accord boss was renamed Tosk of Borg. I haven't done KA yet so my question is.

Is this the Tosk that befriended Obrien on DS9?
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-06-2011, 11:53 PM
I don't think so...
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-07-2011, 03:05 AM
No. Didn't get a very good look at it, but it looked nothing like DS9's Tosk at all.
Would have been cool if it was AN assimilated Tosk though, with some of the associated traits and abilities.
Make it lizard like (not too close to the assimilated gorn), fast and stealthy. Let it attack from above with special melee abilities.
As it is, it was exceptionally weak. We killed it within a few seconds. Every Tactical Drone in the mission seemed tougher.

Edit: And while we are on that topic, change the boss room. Make it a bigger maze-like room where Tosk of Borg tries to seperate the players and it is not entirely clear who is hunting whome.
Good opportunity to introduce career specific optionals that weaken it.

And while we are on THAT topic. Introduce career specific optionals to weaken every STF boss!

Now where can I post this idea so Gozer actually notices it?
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-07-2011, 05:16 AM
Of course it's Tosk. He is Tosk, after all.

Just like Dax is really that dude with the creepy feet in ST6... "Perhaps you have heard Russian epic of Cinderella? If shoe fits, wear it! "

Remember when Trills used to look like this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Odan.jpg

Reusing names is lazy. Did they really think we wouldn't remember who Tosk is?? We're geeks, of course we remember.

At least it's canon, I guess.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-07-2011, 05:21 AM
Actually, it's probably a nod to one of the members of Risa Squadron since a few of those folks test stuff for Gozer. Two other references off the top of my head include the USS Tosk (Dreadnought if I remember right) and Commander Roxy on DS9 for the STF gear.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-07-2011, 05:25 AM
no one hasnt thought of tossk yet? he could be tossk, yeah...a star wars ref in a star trek game lolz
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-07-2011, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjc_foxtrot View Post
Actually, it's probably a nod to one of the members of Risa Squadron since a few of those folks test stuff for Gozer. Two other references off the top of my head include the USS Tosk (Dreadnought if I remember right) and Commander Roxy on DS9 for the STF gear.
Devs have their own handpicked crew of normal players that get benefits from private testing sessions?

How is this ethical?

Sorry to derail, you just kinda dropped a bomb on me there.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-07-2011, 10:32 AM
He is a Reman Borg, the "Tosk of Borg" name was an accidental typo when the mission was created.

A real Tosk of Borg is a great idea though!
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-07-2011, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhighison View Post
Oh flippin heck.... now you've given me nightmares. :p
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-07-2011, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhighison View Post
He is a Reman Borg, the "Tosk of Borg" name was an accidental typo when the mission was created.

What, nobody can go back into the code and change the T to a different letter ??