Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 gal x vs retro gal
11-09-2011, 02:32 PM
which is best for pvp?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
11-09-2011, 02:34 PM
Both.

Depends on their use.

No T5 ship in the game is "best" at PvP.

In the hands of a good Captain, EVERYTHING is 100% useful.

Pick whichever you want.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
11-09-2011, 02:57 PM
Well I usually consider the G-R pilots as a bigger issue (= stronger enemy) Then GX pilots... The GX benefits are in its front arc (phaser lance/cannons) and that paired with the low turn rate I believe doesnt work well in pvp.
But may be there ARE ways to balance that out....
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
11-09-2011, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
Well I usually consider the G-R pilots as a bigger issue (= stronger enemy) Then GX pilots... The GX benefits are in its front arc (phaser lance/cannons) and that paired with the low turn rate I believe doesnt work well in pvp.
So little you know about the ships... lol... Kinda funny, really.

Please, continue.

Feed people enough completely incorrect information, and my time killing them in PvP will be much, MUCH easier.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
11-09-2011, 04:20 PM
Gal-x is a bit more tricky to handle, the ship required a brain to be played correctly, you have to think differenttly, you have to adapt. But when its done, you will find that this ship is really dangerous !

I run 2 gal-x, one with my engineer, and one with my tactical...both are a real pleasure to play with in both pvp and pve, and i do not play both in the same manner....

Gal-x...if you have time to study the ship, gal-r if you want to be ready fast. But at end gal-x is superior to gal-r specially with the new build on tribble
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
11-09-2011, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chleops
Gal-x is a bit more tricky to handle, the ship required a brain to be played correctly, you have to think differenttly, you have to adapt. But when its done, you will find that this ship is really dangerous !

I run 2 gal-x, one with my engineer, and one with my tactical...both are a real pleasure to play with in both pvp and pve, and i do not play both in the same manner....

Gal-x...if you have time to study the ship, gal-r if you want to be ready fast. But at end gal-x is superior to gal-r specially with the new build on tribble
SHHH!!!

I want FirstAngelus to keep blatantly lying to the poor kid so I will get some easy target practice.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
11-09-2011, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakaishin
SHHH!!!

I want FirstAngelus to keep blatantly lying to the poor kid so I will get some easy target practice.
I wanst lying I just shared my observation. Of course there are dangerous Gxs arround if they are pilotet right, but the average GX is less threatening then the average GR.... or... threatening might be the wrong word... the average GX is easier to kill and the damage similar as soon as you dogfight.

And since the "poor kid" seems to just start PVPing (at least with that kind of ships) he might be better of with the GR at least at the beginning.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
11-09-2011, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
I wanst lying I just shared my observation. Of course there are dangerous Gxs arround if they are pilotet right, but the average GX is less threatening then the average GR.... or... threatening might be the wrong word... the average GX is easier to kill and the damage similar as soon as you dogfight.

And since the "poor kid" seems to just start PVPing (at least with that kind of ships) he might be better of with the GR at least at the beginning.
The inquiry was which ship is more dangerous in PvP, not which Captain is.

I do agree with you on one point... 99.999999999999% of all Galaxy-X pilots suck horribly and too often have a twisted yearning to die.

I am not among them.

Equal skilled captain behind the helm of a Galaxy Retrofit and Galaxy Dreadnought would be almost indistinguishable.

Reason: Ships don't win PvP. Players win PvP.

That considered, we'll walk into ship specifications...

@OP: If you have a Sniper mentality (move into position unseen, when the enemy is least expecting it, open fire with enough force to kill ANYTHING in all of 5 seconds, and move on), the Galaxy-X is the ONLY ship in the game capable of reliably doing this against any other ship in the game, equal-skill considered.

If you want a maneuverable cruiser, in my opinion, you shouldn't be bothering with the Gal-R, but instead the Excelsior.

Galaxy-R is more or less worthless in PvP without the Venture upgrade, and 2x Antimatter Spread. But even that, 1v1, the Galaxy-X will have the Galaxy-R (or any ship, for that matter) obliterated before they could even react to it decloaking.

Team setting, you get the luxury of choosing any target you want (you don't even have to focus what your team is focussing on... they can kill 1 target while you focus another and kill 2 birds at once), and seeing it die instantly. With that target destroyed (enemy heals will be hardpressed healing 2 targets with such a heavy and fast burst), you may support DPS with your allies, tank, heal, etc until your next burst is ready. Use Evasive Maneuvers, peel out, cloak, and do it again.

If you're looking for ship separation for your tactics, MVAM > Galaxy-R, with VASTLY greater maneuverability and firepower.

If you're looking for a damaging, maneuverable "tank", Fleet Escort fits the role better than Galaxy-R.

That said, Galaxy-R is merely a scramble-sensor menace (2x Antimatter Spread + possible SCI BOFF Scramble). Destroy its saucer section and its effectiveness is cut by 1/3 (it dies almost instantly). One of your lance + torpedo bursts would instantly destroy the weaker battle section.

Galaxy-R cannot produce the DPS to actually damage a Galaxy-X. Even full Antiproton or Disruptor, the Galaxy-X built properly can tank it all and laugh, rarely going below 90%.

Vice versa, Galaxy-X can kill a Galaxy-R in a maximum of 5 seconds, like any other ship.

So it depends what you want.

If you want raw power, Galaxy-X (and be prepared to endure many headaches and hardships, many days of feeling like, "This ship is too hard for me" ... but if you stick with it, you will be a God).

If you want crowd control, Galaxy-R (and be prepared to beat your brains out on your keyboard knowing you can't kill any PvP opponent by yourself that is actually halfway worth your time to begin with).

GOOD Galaxy-R Captains in a team setting can really help win a fight.

GOOD Galaxy-X Captains in a team setting can rip anything to shreds faster than any other ship in the game.

Take your pick.

Either way, I stand by my statement.

THERE ARE NO GOOD/BAD PVP SHIPS - ONLY GOOD/BAD PVP PLAYERS!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
11-09-2011, 11:35 PM
if any ship is a bad pvp ship, its the galaxy R. its dps is crippled by only having 2 tactical consoles, its maneuverability is the worst among cruisers, and it has the worst cruiser station setup. every conceivable role you could use a cruiser for is better handled by the other cruisers available, it excels at nothing, you nerf your self by using it. its special saucer separation ability dose nothing to make you hit harder, and actually makes you weaker, but at least you can maneuver better.

the galaxy X benefited immensely from the powers to console change they made to c store ships, it got that god send 3rd tactical console and its price got lowered too. at the same time, the galaxy R benefited the least from the powers to console change, it received a worthless dump console, wile every other ship got extremely useful consoles. theres no other word for it other then injustice. i made a thread about it, in an attempt to get cryptic to understand the problem and take action, but so far nothing. link to it is in the sig.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10 Galaxy X all the way
11-10-2011, 05:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakaishin
The inquiry was which ship is more dangerous in PvP, not which Captain is.

I do agree with you on one point... 99.999999999999% of all Galaxy-X pilots suck horribly and too often have a twisted yearning to die.

I am not among them.

Equal skilled captain behind the helm of a Galaxy Retrofit and Galaxy Dreadnought would be almost indistinguishable.

Reason: Ships don't win PvP. Players win PvP.

That considered, we'll walk into ship specifications...

@OP: If you have a Sniper mentality (move into position unseen, when the enemy is least expecting it, open fire with enough force to kill ANYTHING in all of 5 seconds, and move on), the Galaxy-X is the ONLY ship in the game capable of reliably doing this against any other ship in the game, equal-skill considered.

If you want a maneuverable cruiser, in my opinion, you shouldn't be bothering with the Gal-R, but instead the Excelsior.

Galaxy-R is more or less worthless in PvP without the Venture upgrade, and 2x Antimatter Spread. But even that, 1v1, the Galaxy-X will have the Galaxy-R (or any ship, for that matter) obliterated before they could even react to it decloaking.

Team setting, you get the luxury of choosing any target you want (you don't even have to focus what your team is focussing on... they can kill 1 target while you focus another and kill 2 birds at once), and seeing it die instantly. With that target destroyed (enemy heals will be hardpressed healing 2 targets with such a heavy and fast burst), you may support DPS with your allies, tank, heal, etc until your next burst is ready. Use Evasive Maneuvers, peel out, cloak, and do it again.

If you're looking for ship separation for your tactics, MVAM > Galaxy-R, with VASTLY greater maneuverability and firepower.

If you're looking for a damaging, maneuverable "tank", Fleet Escort fits the role better than Galaxy-R.

That said, Galaxy-R is merely a scramble-sensor menace (2x Antimatter Spread + possible SCI BOFF Scramble). Destroy its saucer section and its effectiveness is cut by 1/3 (it dies almost instantly). One of your lance + torpedo bursts would instantly destroy the weaker battle section.

Galaxy-R cannot produce the DPS to actually damage a Galaxy-X. Even full Antiproton or Disruptor, the Galaxy-X built properly can tank it all and laugh, rarely going below 90%.

Vice versa, Galaxy-X can kill a Galaxy-R in a maximum of 5 seconds, like any other ship.

So it depends what you want.

If you want raw power, Galaxy-X (and be prepared to endure many headaches and hardships, many days of feeling like, "This ship is too hard for me" ... but if you stick with it, you will be a God).

If you want crowd control, Galaxy-R (and be prepared to beat your brains out on your keyboard knowing you can't kill any PvP opponent by yourself that is actually halfway worth your time to begin with).

GOOD Galaxy-R Captains in a team setting can really help win a fight.

GOOD Galaxy-X Captains in a team setting can rip anything to shreds faster than any other ship in the game.

Take your pick.

Either way, I stand by my statement.

THERE ARE NO GOOD/BAD PVP SHIPS - ONLY GOOD/BAD PVP PLAYERS!

I must agree with this statement, I see many Galaxy - R's getting ripped to pieces. I do not see so many Galaxy - X's getting destroyed.

I have always considered buying the Galaxy - X and the more I read Hakaishin's posts about it the more I am considering the change. Currently I command an assualt cruser which has got some punch but most of the time in PVP you do not get the fire power and chance to catch of guard that the Galaxy X has.
I can hold my own in PVP for a while with heals and sitting on constantly healing yourself and others get boring!! Its ok being a team player but evey now and again it would be great to blow the hell out of something!

I may bite the bullet myself and be off to C-Store to buy one. OR wait however long to save my Stipend.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:35 PM.