Lt. Commander
# 11
12-19-2011, 10:44 AM
I've been grinding for the m.a.c.o. set since the new patch came out, and i've finally got my complete mk XI m.a.c.o. set......and.......it did not provide the impact i expected it to have. I've been doing normal STF's to get the set, and i now do elite STF's to take a shot at the mk XII (like thats going to happen). Even with the set.....a cube takes one shot.....and gets one kill.

Looking at the stats of the mk XI gear, it should give you a significant boost, but i have to agree with Fewzz on this one "it really is not worth the grind".

The main reason i started to grind for the maco set, was because of the Heavy gravtiton beam. But, if does not life up to its potential. I really max it out with buff's and adjusting my skill set. EPS transfer III, enhanced plasma manifold (orbith class), emergency power to aux and i changed Starship Flow Capacitors, Starship Graviton Generators and Starship Particle Generator in my skill set..........I was able to get it up to 21 K damage.......really?!?!?!!

There are more things that might require a little patching. I hope that everything is working, how it was intended to work.

Again i would like to quote Fewzz "It really isnt worth the Grind, the stuff isnt that much better"

Hopefully, it will be worth grinding for when they decide to ajust a few specs.

Thanks for listning.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-20-2011, 02:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph.B
The Heavy Graviton Beam. God knows how much I want to love this ability. It's like a phaser lance without any actual ability to damage anything. It does buff with Tactical skills, and when spec'd into it claims to do around -1000%+ to flight speed (applied 2x) and around 20,000 kinetic damage. Except it never seems to do ANY damage. I've tried it on unshielded NPC's, random PvPers. As far as I can see it's a total 0 damage weapon. A Transphasic Torpedo seems to make more of a dent.

Edit: Also, perhaps it's a nitpick, but the icon for the Graviton Beam is a generic item combadge. I submitted it as a bug, but a real icon would be appreciated.
I wish this was fixed too, as it stands its so underwhelming it's shocking.

The best stat I've seen from this, for another player is only 20,000 kinetic damage. That's still far lower than my antiproton beam overload II. Bearing in mind this weapon was supposedly the most powerful blast a galaxy class starship could produce (ST: TNG Best of Both Worlds). Yet, I've never (personally) seen it make more than a 5,641 dent.

Also the 20,000 stat was from a player who speced into flow capacitors, graviton generators and particle generators, with EPS Tran. III, Enhanced plasma manifold and Emg power to Aux.

Needs to be buffed, BADLY cryptic. 120 EDC grind reward should be worth more, come on!
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-20-2011, 05:00 AM
Quote:
The Borg Set however seems to be operating just fine however.
are you sure about that?

i am under the impression that the Shield Regen ability is either not working anymore, or has been nerfed into uselessness.

I remember when the Set was new and i tested it, that my Shields pretty much popped back to full when the green Shield visual was displayed, no matter if in a Defiant or Sovereign.
But now when i see the green Shields pop, my Shield facings don't regenerate at all.
Not even one line...

So whats the deal here? Nerf? Bug? did i miss a Patchnote?
Whatever did happen, i don't think it was balanced before (a bit OP maybe?), but now it isn't either.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-20-2011, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
I remember when the Set was new and i tested it, that my Shields pretty much popped back to full when the green Shield visual was displayed, no matter if in a Defiant or Sovereign.
But now when i see the green Shields pop, my Shield facings don't regenerate at all.
Not even one line...

So whats the deal here? Nerf? Bug? did i miss a Patchnote?
Whatever did happen, i don't think it was balanced before (a bit OP maybe?), but now it isn't either.
Not sure, I can only say that recently they have been fixing several ways that shields were not working as intended. They "Rebalanced" TSS, it would not be inconceivable that the borg shield heal could have been stealth nerfed.

There are several issues with Set items right now that don't seem to work as advertised:
  • Aegis Set grants 6.5% Bonus defense instead of 10%
  • Breen Absolute Zero Set doesn't add 30% kinetic damage OR add the +36 to inertial Dampers
  • Omega Set Tetryon Glider doesn't work

If the Borg Shield Proc is borked I'd be surprised. That one seems to be Cryptic's love child for gear. Does the combat log show any healing from the proc?
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-20-2011, 02:21 PM
LET THE EVALUATION CONTINUE!!!!

Lets break down the sets:

Breen set - holding up surprisingly good by giving some in build stats like power transfer and +transphasic skill. If you happen to use transphasics, this set will help you out.
One of the methods i have had soem succes with was to equip transnphasic damage consoles and alternate between 2 launchers with spread 2 and hy3. on a tac captain bop. (once the bugs are fixed....)

Borg set: swap the shield for anything and you're good. the best set around. The deflector supports the tanking skills and you only miss out on the +5 shield power from the shield you should not be using.
What shield to use instead? My cruisers use the omega force, since it gives you a MASSIVE free movement and turnrate buff whenever you are shot by energy weapons.

MACO and OMEGA:

Both sets deflectors are geared towards the science side, so i only find them useful on vessels that can actually deal substantial amounts of non weapon damage (they buff abilities plasma, aceton beam, wells, tykens, particle, klingon chain-lightning).
And even then you trade off valuable tanking power.

The Omega Set bonus "tetryon glider" appear to be broken since it does fck all. Generally the set bonuses here are not worth the gimpage. The gravitic anchor is a cheap knockoff of that gravi-whatever beam on the klinker raptor refits. It forces your target to fly straight for 5 seconds. whoopsie effing doe....

The Maco sets Heavy Lamertron beam will deal up to 15k if you use an aux battery and all available tac buffs.
Unless you hit someone who has even the slightest sliver of Shields. then damage just goes down like that Drone over Iran did.

So basically: Al la big, fat waste of time.

Just go, use the borg console, borg deflector, borg engines and a good shield or the omega force shield (for the movement buffs).

Or a combination of purple gear tuned to your style.

The New sets simply suck.
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-20-2011, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by claydermunch View Post
LET THE EVALUATION CONTINUE!!!!

Lets break down the sets:

Breen set - holding up surprisingly good by giving some in build stats like power transfer and +transphasic skill. If you happen to use transphasics, this set will help you out.
One of the methods i have had soem succes with was to equip transnphasic damage consoles and alternate between 2 launchers with spread 2 and hy3. on a tac captain bop. (once the bugs are fixed....)

Borg set: swap the shield for anything and you're good. the best set around. The deflector supports the tanking skills and you only miss out on the +5 shield power from the shield you should not be using.
What shield to use instead? My cruisers use the omega force, since it gives you a MASSIVE free movement and turnrate buff whenever you are shot by energy weapons.

MACO and OMEGA:

Both sets deflectors are geared towards the science side, so i only find them useful on vessels that can actually deal substantial amounts of non weapon damage (they buff abilities plasma, aceton beam, wells, tykens, particle, klingon chain-lightning).
And even then you trade off valuable tanking power.

The Omega Set bonus "tetryon glider" appear to be broken since it does fck all. Generally the set bonuses here are not worth the gimpage. The gravitic anchor is a cheap knockoff of that gravi-whatever beam on the klinker raptor refits. It forces your target to fly straight for 5 seconds. whoopsie effing doe....

The Maco sets Heavy Lamertron beam will deal up to 15k if you use an aux battery and all available tac buffs.
Unless you hit someone who has even the slightest sliver of Shields. then damage just goes down like that Drone over Iran did.

So basically: Al la big, fat waste of time.

Just go, use the borg console, borg deflector, borg engines and a good shield or the omega force shield (for the movement buffs).

Or a combination of purple gear tuned to your style.

The New sets simply suck.
in ur engineering consoles, what would u use for regenrating shields. Even if u have field gen, what would u use anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-20-2011, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Visual effects are subtle. If you like Garish things on your ship, this isn't your set. The look is sleek and hex textured giving a pseudo carbon fiber look up close. It's so understated that at first I didn't notice the extra shiny parts or black accents.
Well, the visual affects are SOOOO subtle that with the exception of the mark X version, they DO NOT WORK AT ALL on the mark XI, or mark XII.

Quote:
The Heavy Graviton Beam. God knows how much I want to love this ability. It's like a phaser lance without any actual ability to damage anything. It does buff with Tactical skills, and when spec'd into it claims to do around -1000%+ to flight speed (applied 2x) and around 20,000 kinetic damage. Except it never seems to do ANY damage. I've tried it on unshielded NPC's, random PvPers. As far as I can see it's a total 0 damage weapon.
Agreed, this ability is just about USELESS as it is now. Just a flashy little gimmick NOTHING MORE.

Quote:
The 9.99 warp Speed indicator is at best disappointing. Alternatives to the Legacy Borg engines in sector space would be welcome. I'd suggest that it get boosted to warp 10 - 12. There is such a great effect made for the engines, it's sad that the bonus doesn't give you that "oh badass" feeling.
Again, I'm in total agreement. I'd say boost the thing to warp 12, what would that harm? This set, for all trouble to obtain it, really is nothing more than a gimmick. At least the visuals on the engine and the deflector... actually WORK !

Quote:
Also, perhaps it's a nitpick, but the icon for the Graviton Beam is a generic item combadge. I submitted it as a bug, but a real icon would be appreciated.
It's not a nitpick in my opinion. Based on borked visuals that don't work, the underwhelming bonuses and the slapdash icon for the almost useless Graviton Beam, I'd say this set obviously was rushed out and very little thought put into making it actually worth the effort to obtain it. 120 STF runs for this? ! It's a complete joke as it stands. I'm very let down by this.
Folks, don't waste your time on the M.A.C.O. set ..... You'll regret it. Stick with the Aegis, or grind the original Borg set, (only 15 STF runs). It's a better return on not even half the effort.
Lt. Commander
# 18 X vs XI
12-21-2011, 01:51 PM
Does the rank of the Omega Force space set really matter that much?
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-21-2011, 04:10 PM
Hey guys, thank you for your feedback on this set!

I wanted to drop in to let you all know that I'm just starting an in-depth review of these space sets (ground sets after that) to ensure that they are working properly, balanced with one another, and their bonuses are easily understood.

So keep your feedback coming! I'm aiming to have revised versions of the MACO, Omega and KHG sets out prior to F2P. And just to put your minds at ease, we recognize the time investment involved in obtaining this gear, and the expected level of reward that players are after when investing that much time and energy. We want to reward you accordingly.
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-21-2011, 05:31 PM
I know this is only kind of related to what your asking for but What I would like done for these sets is some more Elite Mode Accolades that lead to getting the gear if are very unlucky.

One set of accolades would be for completing the STF in general. After finishing the mission say 50 times on Elite we would get whatever elite Borg Tech was associated with that mission so we can chose if we want MACO or Omega.

The second set of accolades would be for completing the Optional objectives say 15 times. On completion of each of those accolades we would get another Borg tech associated with that mission.

With this we could at least know that the Gear were grinding for is getting closers each time we do the mission. As it stands the idea of playing the Elite STFs for hundreds of hours to MAYBE get what I'm after seems kind of pointless.