Lt. Commander
# 1 Make-ur-own-kits?
12-07-2011, 09:12 AM
Any new info on the ability for people to design their own class kits and ignore the premade ones?
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-07-2011, 09:59 AM
I'd love for this feature to be added to crafting
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-07-2011, 10:00 AM
In appearance and function! I love my CQC kit, but I hate how it looks. I'm also jealous of how awesome the science kits look, all hologramy and cooooooool.

I know that in Season 6 they are thinking about adding a function to the tailor where you can choose which parts of your kit you want to appear on your uniform instead of just on/off.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-07-2011, 10:26 AM
Oh man, I would love to have this. Craft a kit and decided which abilities are built into it. Cosmetics don't matter to me, I always hide the visuals on kits and armor, but I'd love to have a custom kit. However, that would make the game a lot cooler, so I'm sure Cryptic will never add it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-07-2011, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eg180 View Post
Oh man, I would love to have this. Craft a kit and decided which abilities are built into it. Cosmetics don't matter to me, I always hide the visuals on kits and armor, but I'd love to have a custom kit. However, that would make the game a lot cooler, so I'm sure Cryptic will never add it.
This. All this.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-07-2011, 12:01 PM
Being implemented "soon" as of last summer and "around the f2p release" as of September.
Any day now.
I am just wondering if cryptic had any specifics
Lt. Commander
Remember Guys,

“Plans change”

I think the whole custom kits being in the works was just pillow talk.

I’m not holding my breath on this tree ever bearing fruit
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-07-2011, 12:28 PM
I'm sure its coming soon (TM).............
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-07-2011, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
Any new info on the ability for people to design their own class kits and ignore the premade ones?
Alternative:
Break kits out into separate items - tricorders, hyposprays etc - and attach a single power to each. Mix-and-match at will, and perhaps grant set bonuses where appropriate.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-07-2011, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walshicus
Alternative:
Break kits out into separate items - tricorders, hyposprays etc - and attach a single power to each. Mix-and-match at will, and perhaps grant set bonuses where appropriate.
To this day I do not understand why tricorders aren't items in the game. Different powers, different rarities, different looks.

How was that not the most glaringly obvious thing in the Star Trek universe after a phaser to develop as an in-game item? Instead we have....push V and a light shines in a certain direction. Sigh.