Lt. Commander
# 1 bridge officer lay out
12-07-2011, 08:12 AM
sorry if im posting in wrong part of fourms. im not getting help on this subject. my stations tab is correct with bo lay out on my defiant retofit. its not on my advanced escourt. in tact view when im on my ship. i have 2 bo tact stations. 1 tact station has 4 powers the other on the right of that has 3. under that from the left over is 1 tact station with 1 power then engineering that has 2 powers then science with 2 powers. b4 the server was shut down and patch loaded everything was normal. when i loaded the patch thats when everything got different. i tryed to take a screen shot using print screen. it does not show tray and bo lay outs. reason this bothers me is because i dont use key binds. i click my powers. and my space skills like go down fighting ect...covers up my bo tact powers. now i can use the hud to move things around but then moving my tray space skills covers up more screen. teck support seems not able to help me. dont know why they cant log into my account to check and help. or reset everything for me. i had a fleet mate check it out. he loged into my account and doing so changed it on him as well when he loged back into his. so it is a server side issue im guessing. i just need some 1 to help me.

got the screen shot with the ui in it. why cant i attach it?
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-09-2011, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BROKEN1981
sorry if im posting in wrong part of fourms. im not getting help on this subject. my stations tab is correct with bo lay out on my defiant retofit. its not on my advanced escourt. in tact view when im on my ship. i have 2 bo tact stations. 1 tact station has 4 powers the other on the right of that has 3. under that from the left over is 1 tact station with 1 power then engineering that has 2 powers then science with 2 powers. b4 the server was shut down and patch loaded everything was normal. when i loaded the patch thats when everything got different. i tryed to take a screen shot using print screen. it does not show tray and bo lay outs. reason this bothers me is because i dont use key binds. i click my powers. and my space skills like go down fighting ect...covers up my bo tact powers. now i can use the hud to move things around but then moving my tray space skills covers up more screen. teck support seems not able to help me. dont know why they cant log into my account to check and help. or reset everything for me. i had a fleet mate check it out. he loged into my account and doing so changed it on him as well when he loged back into his. so it is a server side issue im guessing. i just need some 1 to help me.

Okay... the big wall of text is intimidating, but I think I understand the issue.

I get your frustration, sometimes a patch will reset or alter your "User Interface" (or UI for short), so this might be as simple as a bug with your graphics settings. This is usally unintentional, but also can't be avoided with so many different graphics cards, monitors and so on.

However, let's have a look at what we can fix quickly, or at least work around.
Quote:
This is an easy fix. Direct uploading isn't an easy process, so you try using a web-based host for your image like Imageshack. You can then either use the forum code to display the image, or post the URL.

On to your main issue.

Quote:
i click my powers. and my space skills like go down fighting ect...covers up my bo tact powers. now i can use the hud to move things around but then moving my tray space skills covers up more screen.
So you cannot see the clicky button for the right powers? If so, that's not hard to find a work around.

To see a view of what the UI should look like click: Here.

I'm guessing the area marked "abilities tray" has overlapped with the area I have marked "boff windows".
If this is the case, there's a quick work around:
  1. Look at "abilities tray" for the two small small icons on the right.
  2. Clicking the top one will open your available powers (Powers Window); Captain, Boff and those granted by equipment.
  3. The one below that will give you the option to expand the task bar to three rows.
  4. Expand it to three rows, your boff windows will vanish. Do it anyway.
  5. Using the Powers Window, click and drag your abilities into the task bar in whatever order you feel comfortable.
  6. When you are happy with this, close the window.
  7. Go kill things with whatever combination of clicky you like.

Hopefully that gives you a soloution to the main problem. If it does or doesn't, let us know here.

Lastly this:
Quote:
teck support seems not able to help me. dont know why they cant log into my account to check and help.
Most MMO operators try and avoid logging in to a customers account if they can avoid it. As this is not a direct fault with software or hardware, technical support probably have other things to worry about and Customer Services is getting a heap of other issues in the wake of Season Five.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-09-2011, 12:54 PM
If you hit F12 you can go in and rearrange things on your screen. You can move your power bar away from your BOffs. I had to do it when the patch came out the other day.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-09-2011, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvsaris View Post
If you hit F12 you can go in and rearrange things on your screen. You can move your power bar away from your BOffs. I had to do it when the patch came out the other day.
Well... yes, that could work as well. Silly me.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-16-2011, 06:51 PM
thanks for talking back to me. ive made another post. if i dident get the link right its the last page.
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...88#post3898988

gm could not help me. even said it looked fine to them and to press f12 as well. long story short that does not work.

i also tryed to "draw a diagram" with text spam and i hope if you take a look it will look the same for you as it does on my computer.

i only use my bo skills that are on bo. i keep the space skill tray only to skills i earned at each rank.

how the lay out used to look before the last patch was this in bo lay out. in tact view. even screen shot shows station tab correct in defiant-r but not correct in advance escourt.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////(////// space tray/////////////)bo lay out melanie
chat box throttle ship hud ship levels wepons zyaan asist two of five toccara
Attached Thumbnails if you look at my screen shots it will show you what i mean with this diagram.