Lt. Commander
Its been well over a year now since Orion Females recieved their race specific uniforms.

However, what I still after this time want to know is why are they being discriminated?
Why is it that Orion females are not allowed to wear "boots" with thier bare legs and loincloth?

Way back when the Orion outfits first hit the test server it was actually possible to mix and match "boots" with the "Bare Legs & Loincloth" option.
But when the outfits went live on holodeck this option was removed and has not been changed since.

Screenshot of Boots on orion on Tribble:
http://startrek.alexraptor.com/images/orionoutfit1.jpg

I bring it up again now because the new Honor Guard costume has some pretty nice looking and decorated "metal" boots, that would look just great with Orion an Orion metal bikini and other parts.
It also bothers me a lot as it prevents me from creating a good Klingon/Orion hybrid costume, as it always ends up looking too strange with armor pieces and shoulder pads up top but absolutely nothing on the feet.

Please Cryptic, end the discrimination, there is no reason for Orion females to be forced to run around in sandals.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-07-2011, 07:03 PM
I approve this. There is no reason not to let Orions wear boots with the bikinis, and we never did get an answer as to why it was changed in the first place.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-07-2011, 07:15 PM
Boots with the bikini outfits because they don't look trashy enough :p
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-07-2011, 09:18 PM
There's an Orion on DS9 with the Klingon vendors who ha MU boots. I'd really like to see MU boots available to *all* KDF female PCs (or at least Orions) as well. The KDF needs non"spikey bits" boots.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-07-2011, 10:00 PM
Well,

Im the opposite i want my orion to be bare foot. its how i RP her and she is written in every story i have for her. she isbare foot. in stead i "Have" to wear sandels.

On a side note if you look at the klingon unis from TOS the MEN actually wore those High boots. and the women had more of a riding boot going on

See Here
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-07-2011, 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayvenwing View Post
Well,

Im the opposite i want my orion to be bare foot. its how i RP her and she is written in every story i have for her. she isbare foot. in stead i "Have" to wear sandels.

On a side note if you look at the klingon unis from TOS the MEN actually wore those High boots. and the women had more of a riding boot going on

See Here
Barefoot would be nice too. Marta on that 'Treasure trading Station' (or whatever it's called) mission is barefoot... And,honestly, *any* non-spikey boots would be fine.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-08-2011, 12:04 AM
+1. I was trying to use the loin cloth to make more of an Amazonian Orion and really wished I could use the boots.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-08-2011, 02:51 AM
I just got a BO Orion Female...

She will be wearing boots....just like all her shipmates are.

Lt. Commander
# 9
12-08-2011, 03:20 AM
My poor Orion needs a pedicure from wearing sandal's and not boots. Looks like she's been stomping rocks.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-08-2011, 04:53 AM
Honestly I don't know why they just dont let is mix any and all costume parts.
It was actually possible on the Klingon side once before thanks to a "glitch" at the tailor with the Off Duty uniform slot.

I mean they could easily make it a toggle option with a disclaimer that the custome combinations are untested and that its at ones own risk or whatever.