Lt. Commander
I still think this is a big deal.

I've seen Geko's posting where he did *backpaddle* (is that the right term to use here?) on his Statement that everybody who bought the Tier 5 Versions Pre-F2P would get the Tier 3 versions grandfathered in, so that only the new F2P folks would have to buy the Tier 3 Versions (or the Players who did not buy the Tier 5 Versions by now -> which is OK with me because that means that there was little to no demand for the T3 version either from the affected Players. Of course the players who did the 500 Emblem grind are shut out also).

I didn't 100% like the idea to begin with, but it would have been a compromise and the Situation seemed resolved to me.

Now he says he was wrong, and thought that there was a "bundle" of a Tier 5 C-Point Ship and the FREE T3 Ship that did never cost any money? (which makes no sense) ... but OK whatever.

Sounds a bit odd to me that Cryptic employees don't know 120% exactly whats going on in their game before typing about it...
but they are only human too, mistakes happen, i understand that, i still love you Geko.

but...

That throws us ALL the way back to the initial Problem.
This means: SITUATION UNRESOLVED.

So Sorry, but i have to go back to complaining mode now:

->

The Nebula and Excelsior Tier 3 Ships never were intended to be Premium Ships,
they were given to us because the Tier 5 Ships needed a justification to be Tier 5 REFITS (you can't have a Refit of something that isn't available on lower levels.)

And because the other Options at SCI Tier 3 (the Ball Ship) and Cruiser Tier 3 (4 Nacelles) are just the god damn ugliest Ships in the Games progression, that you are ever forced into using... everybody ( = 99% of the Playerbase ) hates the time they had to spend in these Ships, so the Excelsior and Nebula were a welcome relieve of these Eyesores.

There are still no other Options at Tier 3, because now that the Nebula and Excelsior will be converted to "Tier x.5" or "+1" Ships, there won't be any new ones either.

Making Money on old Art Assets, without the Work Hours needed to create new Stuff seems pretty... convenient.

The thing is... WE already payed for that work time with our monthly subscription, we payed for the Tier 5 Versions which use the 1:1 exact same Art Assets.

The development of these Ships has already been payed by us,
Now you slap a 5 minute job of a console item on it, and ask us for our money AGAIN?

Sorry that just does not fly with me.

We need a Solution to this Situation.

I am willing to compromise about this, but right now it is 100% win for sdAngelo's Accountant but 0% good for the Playerbase comes out of this.

Also Cryptic PR stated over and over again that we loose nothing in this F2P conversion.

The big 30% dilithium heist aside, we now lost the option to use 2 of the best Tier 3 Ships without paying additional C-Points for it ...again!

I understand Cryptic has to make Money, but i do not like or accept being asked to pay for the same thing twice!
If you want my money, make me WANT to give it to you, add NEW things, don't ask me to pay for old things that i have already used at least twice.

**edit 1:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobayashi Maru
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-08-2011, 05:55 AM
Actually, he said that he thought there was a bundle of the T3 and T5 version of those ships, but found out that there never a bundle like that released. It was only tossed around the shop as an idea, but never went any further.

The T3 was never purchasable through the C-Store. Only the T5 was and even then buying the T5 did not unlock the T3 for your character. The T3 versions had to be bought per character with EC.

There is no reason to give all pre Season 5 players the T3 vairants of these ships when they were never part of the C-Store. If you had one of those ships on a character before Season 5, then you did not lose it. However, if you discharged that ship (either before S5 or post S5) then you would have to now buy the said ships from the C-Store.

The way I see it, there is nothing to resolve.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-08-2011, 05:56 AM
am i right you talk about this tribble test forum statement from CaptainGecko?

<snip>
BTW, if you bought the T5 excelsior, you should be able to continue to claim the both the T5 and T3 variant. Only going forward will they be sold separately (BTW, the T5 Excelsior is getting reverted on Tribble to the way it is on holodeck now. You may have to discard your tribble T5 Excelsior and reclaim it to fix it. The T3 Excelsior is just plain getting better. This change to the T5 Excelsior is not in yet, but it's on its way). In fact, any item that changed from an account unlock to a character unlock, or any purchase that gave you something in the past that it no longer gives you (like the T5/T3 Excelsior and Nebula bundles) will be honored, and was always planned to be honored, and nothing less was ever implied.
<snip>
Best Regards
-Captain Geko

So i had both ships before S5....and now i have to purchase them AGAIN? C'mon...youre kidding..right??

cheers
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-08-2011, 05:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by machocyclone View Post
Actually, he said that he thought there was a bundle of the T3 and T5 version of those ships, but found out that there never a bundle like that released. It was only tossed around the shop as an idea, but never went any further.

The T3 was never purchasable through the C-Store. Only the T5 was and even then buying the T5 did not unlock the T3 for your character. The T3 versions had to be bought per character with EC.

There is no reason to give all pre Season 5 players the T3 vairants of these ships when they were never part of the C-Store. If you had one of those ships on a character before Season 5, then you did not lose it. However, if you discharged that ship (either before S5 or post S5) then you would have to now buy the said ships from the C-Store.
If i remember correct then you could only buy(withEC) the T3 version IF you had purchased the T5 version...
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-08-2011, 05:59 AM
Yes this needs to be fixed.

People who bought the T5 Excelsior automatically got the T3 unlock... and suddenly no more.
They can't do that, this just doesn't fly.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-08-2011, 06:14 AM
Honestly, at this point, I think the thing I'd be happiest with is a 50% sale on pre-VA ships. They started our stipend a month early.

They could bill it as a Christmas/New Years sale in appreciation of their subbers. That would allow people to claim one of these ships with their stipend alone.

There's been one 50% ship sale so it's not unprecedented but there's only been one so it's rare.

Then as a side feature, maybe anybody who bought the Excelsior or Nebula in the last 30 days could get 400 CP refunded each for the misunderstanding, letting them pick up the ship they thought was included at its sale price.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-08-2011, 06:20 AM
Yup it was said we would get both and we haven't what gives. Doesn't look good at all. Also why is the Nebula console only useable on the nebula and not all Sci ships?

EDIT: And NO a 50% sale doesn't fix this problem.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-08-2011, 06:21 AM
A couple of things. The OP is right, this is absolutely not resolved. For reference:
Here is Gekoís original post:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...94#post3840094

Here is his two responses yesterday:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...45#post3892945
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...43#post3892943

I get that Geko may have made an honest mistake, but that in no way absolves Cryptic from guilt or responsibility. You, Cryptic, made a #%$^ clear statement that people depended on as an answer, and in follow up conversations IN THE SAME THREAD make no attempt to correct that erroneous statement, when clearly you saw how the comunity interpreted your statement. And now you come to the community and claim you were ignorant about this all along? (Note: Not mad at Geko for being honest, but upset that Cryptic thinks this is the only response that is needed)

MachoCyclone, this is not true. Read the original post from Geko I linked above. It wasnít merely ďtossed aroundĒ it was stated as a fact these would be available. And if it was redacted, we sure didnít get confirmation of it until after a community member contacted support. At least in every other F2P mix up or change there was fair warning and we knew it was coming.

I had both of the T3 ships before Season 5, and based on this statement I dropped both of them to purchase other C-store ships. Come to find out that I now lost both T3 shipsand will have to pay more money to get them back because Cryptic fed me false information. So as I see it, there is a lot to resolve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poldii
If i remember correct then you could only buy(withEC) the T3 version IF you had purchased the T5 version...
You can buy these with ECís even if you didnít purchase via C-store.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-08-2011, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobayashi Maru
You can buy these with ECís even if you didnít purchase via C-store.
^ THIS
just not "can" but "could"... because you can't any longer.

Quote:
There is no reason to give all pre Season 5 players the T3 vairants of these ships when they were never part of the C-Store.
And exactly that is the problem, they NEVER were part of the C-Store, they were part of the GAME!
They never were intended to be "Premium Ships".

And by that logic you would be OK with it if they took all other Ships that never were part of the C-Store away and put a pricetag on it for everyone...

because we did not pay 50 bucks for the Retail Box, we did not pay 15 a month for 2 years to fund the development of this game...

oh wait WE DID!

I accept that the F2P folks did not pay for any of that development and that the Dev's want to ask THEM for money, but i already payed twice for the Dev Time this Ship needed, i won't pay a third time!

Quote:
If you had one of those ships on a character before Season 5, then you did not lose it. However, if you discharged that ship (either before S5 or post S5) then you would have to now buy the said ships from the C-Store.
Now what is a Tier 3 ship good for if i can't use it on my next ALT?
I have 7 Endgame Chars by now, and that wont be my last.
When i start my next alt the OPTION to fly these has been removed from me.

I do not pay for this game on a per char basis, i pay for it on an Account basis.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-08-2011, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poldii
nope...
got a T3 on each char for EC but didnt buy the T5 in C-Store