Lt. Commander
# 11
12-08-2011, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarss
Whenever its done its the middle of someones game time. Has been a bit of a pain in the rear some of us
Read a book.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-08-2011, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisling
Just be happy they dont do Blizzard-style maintenance right in the middle of the day, and then have "unexpected" extensions that last all day... Or CCP with their 24 hour downtimes.
Actually I'd prefer that they extend a single service round, or even spend a full 24 hours getting things to work...

I mean... I have no problem with patch day once a week, but this is just wayyyyy too often, and kinda indicates bad soft- and hardware management on cryptics part, since they appearenlty cant handle getting it right (enough) on one day.

I know customers don't mean much to Cryptic, and that this is the forced F2P beta and all, but please... stick to one day, and perhaps a emergency round if REALLY nessacary.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-08-2011, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maruko
Read a book.
Show some manners
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-08-2011, 08:45 AM
we are still testing the content for the f2p release in jan...jus think of it as beta.
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-08-2011, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Actually I'd prefer that they extend a single service round, or even spend a full 24 hours getting things to work...

I mean... I have no problem with patch day once a week, but this is just wayyyyy too often, and kinda indicates bad soft- and hardware management on cryptics part, since they appearenlty cant handle getting it right (enough) on one day.

I know customers don't mean much to Cryptic, and that this is the forced F2P beta and all, but please... stick to one day, and perhaps a emergency round if REALLY nessacary.
Thing is, if you're in those games, you still get a half dozen maintenance cycles in the first couple weeks after a major patch... they just ALL last that long.
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-08-2011, 09:14 AM
Hey, all these server shutdowns are actually a good sign. When you have a major update like Season 5, you're going to have a lot of bugs. Asside from getting things ready for f2p (which will probably bring in a flood more people for the servers to have to handle), it shows they're trying to work out the kinks from Season 5. I'm all for 2-3 hours of shut down 3 times a week if it means an improved game overall.
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-08-2011, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
Thing is, if you're in those games, you still get a half dozen maintenance cycles in the first couple weeks after a major patch... they just ALL last that long.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troubl View Post
Hey, all these server shutdowns are actually a good sign. When you have a major update like Season 5, you're going to have a lot of bugs. Asside from getting things ready for f2p (which will probably bring in a flood more people for the servers to have to handle), it shows they're trying to work out the kinks from Season 5. I'm all for 2-3 hours of shut down 3 times a week if it means an improved game overall.
Most of the bugs I see fixed, are bugs we made them aware of very early in the tribble test period... I do not accept this as an excuse, becasue of that exact reason
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-08-2011, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Whenever its done its the middle of someones game time. Has been a bit of a pain in the rear some of us
It's always in the middle of someone's play time regardless of when they do it.

I agree with the suggestion of reading a book. I also have a pile of ironing that you could do
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-08-2011, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahless2001 View Post
It's always in the middle of someone's play time regardless of when they do it.

I agree with the suggestion of reading a book. I also have a pile of ironing that you could do
Lets not beat around the bush. The "read a book suggestion was trolling". These are the kind of responses from people whose only game time this week wasn't affected.

Todays outage is likely to put the seasonal Q stuff in which makes sense. If thats the case though why was there an outage yesterday? something so urgent it couldnt have waited 24 hours?
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-08-2011, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maruko
Read a book.
bwhaahaah

Quote:
Show some manners
mwaaahahahahhhaha

^^ pew pew