Lt. Commander
# 21
12-08-2011, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
i got a some boxes and all i keep getting are the damn hortas, that i cant use because i already have the hortas and i cant sell them because the market is flooded with them.... -sighs-
Such is what happens with cheap, useless tat.
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-08-2011, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakos
I bought 35 of the winter packages trying to get the ship, that's almost 45 real dollars. Anyone that spends that much money should be guaranteed the item that they were after. I've spent hundreds of dollars in the c-store, never before now have I felt cheated in this game. What they are doing by offering this ship as a potential reward is extortion.
1. Get a dictionary.

2. Look up the word extortion.

3. Look up the word gambling

4. Look at your post.
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-08-2011, 04:21 PM
What your getting is a tradable item which when opened will let you get the ship. So pretty much any rank can have the ship you just wont be able to requisition it till you hit Rear Admiral or Vice Admiral.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes85 View Post
logically I would think that given the rank requirements it wouldn't make sense for it to be possible for a player to unlock the ship unless they were the appropriate rank.....at the very least thats how how I would code it if I was the one designing the system
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-08-2011, 11:51 PM
So how do they exactly work?
I bought 3 of them, got 3 red boxes in my account.
I then opened them and i got 3 blue boxes that i cant open or do anything with.
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-09-2011, 12:41 AM
You open those blue boxes then.
Lt. Commander
# 26
12-09-2011, 06:20 AM
I got the ship with the second box I opened but I purchased a few more and some of those turned out to be blue packages that do nothing when used...
Lt. Commander
# 27
12-09-2011, 07:10 AM
And thats my only problem with this all. I know rare chance of getting the ship. But in no way should there be BLUE boxes in the CSTORE bought RED box. THAT IS A RIP OFF. Bought 6 boxes and all were opened to blue boxes. SUCH BS.
Lt. Commander
# 28
12-09-2011, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakarak
1. Get a dictionary.

2. Look up the word extortion.

3. Look up the word gambling

4. Look at your post.
OK DONE

Extortion (also called shakedown, outwresting, and exaction) is a criminal offence which occurs when a person unlawfully obtains either money, property or services from a person(s), entity, or institution, through coercion.

and that's exactly how I feel we have been treated
Lt. Commander
# 29
12-09-2011, 10:58 AM
After i lost so many money for this Crap, i only want to kick all this out of my inv./ bank and get the half of my money back....
Lt. Commander
# 30
12-10-2011, 04:27 PM
So, what, is STO now Mafia Wars or something? Randon event crap (and mindless repetition) was one of the things that helpped Zynga very quickly wear out its welcome with me.

I blew my stipend on 4 red boxes because it wasn't "real" money, but not one red box stayed a red box after opening. Nor have I been able to do better than a green winning the race. I've got the rest of the month, and I'll keep trying, but my expectations are quite low.

What I want to know is if the randomness of it all screws me over the whole way through, and all I end up with is Mark X uncommon gear and vendor trash (six NEW CURRENCY items with no other use) that I can no longer redeem come January...

Is that it? Thank you for playing, now go **** off?

I at least want a damn academy scarf. Who knows if I'll even get the right items to trade in for it.

EDIT: In case you read too much power into the ****, allow me to tell you it started with a "P," continued to an "I" and capped off with a double "S." It was not the F-bomb.