Lt. Commander
# 21
12-08-2011, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildblade85 View Post
Yes... because it's part of a gamble means they are handing it out to everybody.
Even at a gamble, it harms the value because it grants an alternate method to grab an item that had to be earned a separate way. It's like a baseball card company making x amount of cards and selling those. They have high value because there is only x; then one day they decide to make more and let potential buyers a 'chance' to get them. The value would most certainly drop and the previous card holders would no doubt be furious.
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-08-2011, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Thank you guys for doing this. Its a nice gesture
paying for a *chance* to get the items you want isn't a nice gesture

Quote:
Just so im clear, can the jem'hadar fighter be earned via the race if we are lucky?
the exact quote is 'Only a few will be found, and there is no other way to acquire them' so I would say that would be a no

Quote:
The best thing about presents is that you never know what you're going to get, but it's usually something good!
so.... whats this 'usually' statement supposed to mean? thats not a smart thing to say when people are paying money for something.

Quote:
Its gambling, plain and simple. And if you choose to gamble, then you only have yourself to blame if you are unhappy with the results.
No, you have cryptic to blame for making something people want only available via gambling

and with this package its becoming blatantly obvious that this game is becoming a typical PWE pay to win game. whats that about asian game companies selling keys to open chests that MIGHT have a reward inside? wait what? we were told this was never happening here....? hmm.....

and on a related note.....

generally when there are holiday rewards in game the company GIVES them to the players, for their loyalty to the game.....operative word being GIVE.

so now we have to pay for what every other game gives out for free
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-08-2011, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursix
Even at a gamble, it harms the value because it grants an alternate method to grab an item that had to be earned a separate way. It's like a baseball card company making x amount of cards and selling those. They have high value because there is only x; then one day they decide to make more and let potential buyers a 'chance' to get them. The value would most certainly drop and the previous card holders would no doubt be furious.
In those instances, card game companies (a great example of this) will generally re-issue the card with slightly different markings, the old "Black border vs White Border" routine. the first run cards will then still remain valuable to a degree as collectibles.

No one would argue that Marvel or DC reprinting Spiderman, Superman or Batman #1 would devalue an actual vintage copy in mint condition.
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-08-2011, 01:19 PM
Back to the earlier question, what happens if a commander or captain gets this drop? is it impossible for them to get it (much the way green weapons drop based on level), or does it unlock and is simply unavailable for use until they hit VA.

My tac Klingon would be a force of nature in this thing, but he's a lowbie, so if I'm power-leveling, I'd rather prepare now...
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-08-2011, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I think everyone should also keep in mind that if history has taught us anything it is that anything "rare" or "exclusive" will EVENTUALLY be in the C-store
Red Matter Capacitor, TR-116 rifle???

Please cryptic I want the Rifle!! (Have the Cap)
Lt. Commander
# 26
12-08-2011, 01:30 PM
Are the Frosted Boots a permanent item, or will they disappear once the event is over? The same goes for other items, like snowballs.
Lt. Commander
# 27
12-08-2011, 01:32 PM
Q's Winter Wonderland is quite cool.

I love the skating lake and the animations when you lose your footing!

The snowmen are really funny too. You guys have a really good sense of humour.

I like the race idea too.
Lt. Commander
# 28
12-08-2011, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
It may not be in keeping with the "spirit" of the Season, but it is definitely in keeping with the fact that Christmas has become a secular holiday and is all about making money for businesses.
Well said...very well said...
Lt. Commander
# 29
12-08-2011, 01:34 PM
I want this ship, I'll have a lously Christmas with out it. Please cryptic.

Can you put it under the Computerrized Christmas tree in my Mess hall??

(Also can you computerrize a Christmas tree in my mess hall?)
Lt. Commander
# 30
12-08-2011, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PodSix
In those instances, card game companies (a great example of this) will generally re-issue the card with slightly different markings, the old "Black border vs White Border" routine. the first run cards will then still remain valuable to a degree as collectibles.

No one would argue that Marvel or DC reprinting Spiderman, Superman or Batman #1 would devalue an actual vintage copy in mint condition.
Said card companies have since gotten rid of White Border cards. (And a good thing too, they were ugly!)