Lt. Commander
# 51
12-09-2011, 01:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain Brown
A money Grab is hardly in keeping with the spirit of the season and that is all this event amounts to a money grab.
You never been to the mall this time of year?
Lt. Commander
# 52
12-09-2011, 02:59 AM
Am I missing something .....

I've run the race, thrown some snow balls, and scanned the snowmen to get the accolade.

What else?
Lt. Commander
# 53
12-09-2011, 03:04 AM
Scarfs: set phasers to FABULOUS.
Lt. Commander
# 54
12-09-2011, 03:13 AM
The winter wonder land looks great and i didn't get a real chance to play there yesterday, hope to tonight though

Now i just have two little question/complaint/problem (take it as you will):

The winter package: now i know It is a lottery at the end of the day, I understand that 100% and you buy/earn your box and take your chances no problem with that any which way shape or form. I am wondering why there are no safeguards on how it works or what it gave you as it is a ingame/C-store lottery.
For example it checked what your account 'owned' and gave you something you didn't have, using my account as an example: that would have been the Doff prize, the ship or the blue box and i wondn't have minded that (even if it was x blue boxes). But now I have stuff i can't use as i already have them unlocked on my account and are going to be sitting there collecting dust because everyone is going to have them and the exchange will be full of them because others will probably be in the same situation or how about we can trade them back (not the blue boxes i add) to Q for another random winter package (as i understand there are different coloured ones) if the account already has that item unlocked (I point out that if the account/character has it so an account that doesn't wouldn't be able to trade it in)?

The photonic officer: not to be nit picky, isn't that an exclusive item for refering someone? if you are going to 'unexclusive' it then maybe add some others in too?
Lt. Commander
# 55
12-09-2011, 03:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr
Am I missing something .....

I've run the race, thrown some snow balls, and scanned the snowmen to get the accolade.

What else?
We've waited 8 months for this. It was so worth the wait...
Lt. Commander
# 56
12-09-2011, 05:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
Now I'm stuck trying to figure out on which character to unlock the ship.
You can sell it for about 300+ million EC...
Lt. Commander
# 57
12-09-2011, 06:06 AM
1500CP later and not got one good thing, nice for you to do this to PAYING subbers right now.

All ill say it, the winterland is rubbish , one game?? yes one game! your having a laugh.
Lt. Commander
# 58
12-09-2011, 06:10 AM
Well done Cryptic. The event is awesome. The shinies are nice. And the snowmen are sweet. Just one question what is that 4 legged turkey looking creature running around in the lightly forested back area of the map?

No it is not a Targ, Sehlat or to the best of my knowledge any of the existing creatures already IG.
Lt. Commander
# 59
12-09-2011, 06:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
You can sell it for about 300+ million EC...
Or real dollars - there is no shortage of folks spamming the chat channels wanting to buy.
Lt. Commander
# 60
12-09-2011, 06:50 AM
At least people can't say it's 'pay to win', it's not 'pay for chance'. It's a huge money earner for Cryptic providing there are enough people that will sink enough money in to it to get what they want at all costs, literally.