Lt. Commander
# 61
12-09-2011, 06:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Mink
For some of us, 'fun and cute' has nothing to do with spending in- or out-game currency on Stuff. :p

CoH: Running around in a costume trick-or-treating and beating up bad guys? Skiing down a long snow slide to try and beat your own time? Gathering up a team to go and rescue Baby New Year from Snaptooth? Fun!

FFXI: Walking through Windurst during the Cherry Blossom Festival and grooving the the pink flowers fowing through the air? Sittting in South Gustaberg at night and listening to the music while watching the fireworks with your shellmates? Cute!

All those are of course personal opinion. =) I imagine that I'm probably in the minority! But I think you see a trend here: Fun Stuff To Do, without 'Oh, MUST DO THIS TO GET BEST SHINY!'

Doing a skiing competition once a day, hoping to get a pressie that may hold an extra-special shiny, and being told 'But you can buy a REALLY RARE pressie! and it might have a SHIP in it!' I do not deny that there's some elements of fun in it, and there's even some cute elements. But it falls far, far short of 'fun and cute.' Yes, the monetary aspect of it spoils it for me. Call me old fashioned. Seen it before, and seen it wreck MMO holiday events. An event where you have to work at getting an extra special shiny -- that can be TRADED moreover! -- just encourages this sort of thing. Better to not have the extra special shiny at all. After all, what is the event all about? Hopefully Cryptic will learn about this and not do it next year.

In the meantime... Merry Ferengimas! :p
Thanks for making my point perfectly...
Lt. Commander
# 62
12-09-2011, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollaf View Post
TR-116 rifle???

Please cryptic I want the Rifle!! (Have the Cap)
I want a TR-116 that levels with you, this one is used up fairly quickly ......
Lt. Commander
# 63
12-09-2011, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBFLordKrueg View Post
Yeah...just saw someone in zone chat complaining they spent 1000 Cstore points to try for the ship and didn't get it...
There's one born every minute...
Made my decision to not buy any...
Hahaha I spent 3500 Cpoints and I dont get ship or holo officer, but I got insane amount of rare XI stufs an loooots uf Christmas doohickeys so I turn em to scarf ( I like em) and rest ..... lets say i sell rest for gazilion EC in exchange.

THUMBS UP from my
Lt. Commander
# 64
12-09-2011, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisWorth
Ok...so where is our chance at getting the playable borg race from the lifers considering you are now giving away a chance at our recruit a friend exclusive gifts.
Nerts to you. You spent, at most, fifteen dollars for the recruit a friend and that'a assuming you bought them the game. Some (gullible) people dropped upwards of $300 for the lifetime. I won't lie. I was one of them. All I'm really asking is that Cyptic leave us one tiny, petty little thing so it doesn't feel like so much of a gyp. And that thing is an exclusive race.
Lt. Commander
# 65
12-09-2011, 07:59 PM
lotro has better events ant is all free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 66
12-09-2011, 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus01 View Post
lotro has better events ant is all free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Come now ... The winter wonderland is a lot of fun!

Frankly, I could careless about the bug ship. I've got my scarf, photonic tribble and holographic bridge officer.

Life is good!
Lt. Commander
# 67 Winter Wonderful
12-09-2011, 09:12 PM
I thought the Winter Wonderland was a lot of fun, sure I dropped some cash for extra presents 1000 Cp worth, not a big deal. I got a photonic tribble, I got a photonic science officer, I got one of each type of special Hortas a bunch of XI gear. No Jem attack ship but that is okay, might still win one in a race.

The thing I am actually angry about is that when I tried to log in today to try the second day of events, the game launched the patcher and froze. So... too much winter. I don't know what they did to break my game but the timing is awesomely horrible -- each day I can't play I miss a shot at a package and thus a Jem ship *and* I can't recruit DO's so that time is irreplaceably lost.

Breaking the game for paying subscribers is aggravating, that I just finally shrugged and bought a lifer membership after subscribing all this time as a show of faith just makes this more annoying.

Congrats on clever new content!
Boo on breaking the game right after introducing time sensative new content!
Lt. Commander
# 68
12-09-2011, 10:45 PM
did you try restarting the launcher, or doing a force verify, you could also try rebooting the computer, I haven't had any problem playing today, it's probably an issue on your end and not a problem with the game itself. The devs never intentionally release things that break the game.
Lt. Commander
# 69
12-11-2011, 08:18 AM
Can you ever actually get any of the good stuff from playing the winter race? All i get is candles and other crap.
Lt. Commander
# 70
12-11-2011, 12:14 PM
Signal the race coordinator sucks.

Honestly, just standing there constantly trying to get the button first while people just walk up and steal it is definitely not fun.

That, imo, is something that should have been learned from the previous event.

Please make sure it doesn't happen again.