Lt. Commander
# 101
12-09-2011, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I wish that were true. But hIding the problem from a child does not help them learn how to deal with it. I feel sorry for the son who had an opportunity to learn but didnt get it and now isnt prepared for that type of situation the next time it comes up.
Redacted /10char
Lt. Commander
# 102
12-09-2011, 09:35 AM
Quote:
I wish that were true. But hIding the problem from a child does not help them learn how to deal with it. I feel sorry for the son who had an opportunity to learn but didnt get it and now isnt prepared for that type of situation the next time it comes up.
It depends on the age of the child. As a father to three, 7, 13, 16 I have no problems explaining this to the teenagers and perhaps a 10 year old but my 7 year old does not and should not be exposed to gambling nor am I ready to explain it to him. Bottom line is it's wrong, it's not Star Trek.
Lt. Commander
# 103
12-09-2011, 09:40 AM
Spent 2200 c-points got the Jem'hadar attack ship and 2 Photonic Boffd wish I'd got the ship sooner but its pretty nifty . Can only go on the bridge thugh no extra interior. :/
Lt. Commander
with the 5 gifts they give me instead of my dilitium i got 3 1 skill boost(useless) and blue quality wheapon useles and worth nothing. This is what i got for collecting emblems a long time playing your game hoping it will be good. But then other poeple where getting the ship and the photonic officer, so i buy 2 more gifts and get junk again...Well after that i cancelled my subsribtion. Realy you give item randomly and me for having play your game i got nothing!!! This is not the kind of game i like and wont play it anymore. After the 23 i will be out off this so called Star Trek. But before leaving i have liquidate all my dilitium to get gift and it cost about 2000 c-store point to finaly get the officer, no sign of the ship.

Anyway i have not been able to play much this week cause maintenance is always in my play time. Like the defera event is always in some time i cant play...I like my game to be there when i decided to play and i really dont wont to PLAN for a game. So i go erase STO from my computer and from my memory and i will remember Cryptic not for the good reason and be sure i never play any game from you.

p.s. english is not my first language...
Lt. Commander
# 105
12-09-2011, 09:48 AM
Quote:
As we don't know the age of the child in question, that's hard to say. if he's still very young( 5 - 10 years old); I wouldn't fault a parent for not wanting to even expose the kid to any form of gambling/lottery scheme; but again, at least this parent made a choice and DID some actual parenting based on his personal views - which is more than can be said for a lot of 'parents' these days.
Lt. Commander
# 106 i have to say
12-09-2011, 09:49 AM
I forgot to say, and i think its important, this race is realy bad and not enjoyable at all...Mario bros in 2D was more exiting...this race and this random junk have nothing to do with Star Trek and this is not the content i was waiting for.
Lt. Commander
# 107
12-09-2011, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
As we don't know the age of the child in question, that's hard to say. if he's still very young( 5 - 10 years old); I wouldn't fault a parent for not wanting to even expose the kid to any form of gambling/lottery scheme; but again, at least this parent made a choice and DID some actual parenting based on his personal views - which is more than can be said for a lot of 'parents' these days.
When you put it that way, I suppose you have a point. I redact my previous statement.
Lt. Commander
# 108
12-09-2011, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Sorry but you cant have it both ways. Either the child is old/mature enough to be playing online games with adult strangers and therefore also old/mature enough for a simple lesson of the risks of gambling or he's not. If he's not old/mature enough for the latter they he has no business online playing with adult strangers in the first place.
Lt. Commander
# 109
12-09-2011, 09:58 AM
Quote:
that's the natture of EVERY F2P game on the market
Wrong. Not all of them.
Lt. Commander
# 110
12-09-2011, 10:07 AM
There seems to be alot of toys flying about.