Lt. Commander
# 241
12-12-2011, 05:58 PM
I'd like to be able to trade in all of those 'Requisition Crates' full of Horta or Gekli or Exocomps for something I don't already have on my character.

Let me trade the crates in for Borg Salvage, or sell them to a Ferengi 'Rare Pet Collector' for GPL or something that doesn't have me gnashing my teeth each time I finish a race, get a Red Present and end up with another Crate of something I already have on my account and that is worth less on the Exchange than the 'level appropriate gear' I get from the Blue Presents (would also be nice if that gear was consistently XI for my VA characters instead of being X 9 times out of 10).
Lt. Commander
# 242
12-13-2011, 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hythian View Post
I'd like to be able to trade in all of those 'Requisition Crates' full of Horta or Gekli or Exocomps for something I don't already have on my character.

Let me trade the crates in for Borg Salvage, or sell them to a Ferengi 'Rare Pet Collector' for GPL or something that doesn't have me gnashing my teeth each time I finish a race, get a Red Present and end up with another Crate of something I already have on my account and that is worth less on the Exchange than the 'level appropriate gear' I get from the Blue Presents (would also be nice if that gear was consistently XI for my VA characters instead of being X 9 times out of 10).
Funny you should mention that...

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=244545

:3
Lt. Commander
# 243
12-13-2011, 07:09 AM
I'm just shaking my head at how much money Cryptic made off of all the kids that want to be the first on their block with the new shiny toy... glad I stayed away from it, I've got other things to spend my money on.

Like another order from Omaha Steaks.

And coffee.

Especially coffee.
Lt. Commander
# 244
12-13-2011, 07:10 AM
It's just all random chance got the ship on my 9th box..must be 1 in 5000 or so seeing from the amount that other people have tried..
Lt. Commander
# 245 the unsaid side
12-13-2011, 08:05 AM
There is another side here folks have not talked about and that being Bank Slots?
I filled up a bunch of bank slots and I am sure others have too.
Guessing I'd say some folks had to buy more bank slots also.

OK with that said: I would like to know when or if unopened boxes expire? and what about pets, equipment or XP Bonuses do they expire if unopened/unused?
Lt. Commander
# 246
12-13-2011, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakarak
Do they automatically charge your credit card for c-points without you have to re-enter any information?

I assume that parents lend their children their iPads not knowing that the child can charge money to their account simply by playing the game.
They don't automatically charge, but now you can buy c-points in game without being redirected to the website. Since you're logged into the game, it doesn't reverify.
Lt. Commander
# 247
12-13-2011, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPhoenix32 View Post
It's a remarkable device called the dilithium exchange.
And yet another reason to NOT use it! Do *you* want to pay for this guy's impulse shopping habits?
Lt. Commander
# 248
12-13-2011, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanshi View Post
And yet another reason to NOT use it! Do *you* want to pay for this guy's impulse shopping habits?
HA! This is me right here. I'm very tempted as it is to wast all the Dilithium from all my character on c points specifically to buy more boxes. Let's face it, I don't need the Dilithium. The main character I have already has the gear he needed with he exception of the impossible to get prototype Mk XII and the ships I could use are mostly cstore. The problem is the rate for the drop is so low (and I'm horribly unlucky) I doubt I'd get it, and would have wasted all the Dilithium as well as too many cpoints. It's just promoting the whole pay 2 win mentality.
Lt. Commander
# 249
12-13-2011, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith_Shadow
HA! This is me right here. I'm very tempted as it is to wast all the Dilithium from all my character on c points specifically to buy more boxes. Let's face it, I don't need the Dilithium. The main character I have already has the gear he needed with he exception of the impossible to get prototype Mk XII and the ships I could use are mostly cstore. The problem is the rate for the drop is so low (and I'm horribly unlucky) I doubt I'd get it, and would have wasted all the Dilithium as well as too many cpoints. It's just promoting the whole pay 2 win mentality.
Well, I can kinda understand them trying it out. I'm not sure why anyone would sell their real life money for in game currency, though... but that argument has come and gone, I suppose. :p
Lt. Commander
# 250
12-15-2011, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SatansHell View Post
Who is the bigger fool, the person or company that created them, or the person that buys them?
The same dishonest logic can used to justify just about any crime.

This isn't about being fools. This is about us trusting Cryptic and getting burned.
Burning their customers is evil.

This is about an offer that is only not fraud because lawyers like and reward this kind of trickery.

The fraudulent part is that cryptic lists 12 items without giving the odds. The default is equal probability, so the buyer is led to believe he has a one in 12 shot to get the item he wants. Even worse, the rest of the description text deals with the JemHadar ship only, so he is even led to beleive that the ship is a more likely outcome than the others.

We know from numerous folks here that the real chance to get the ship is way way smaller than 1 in 12. Somebody noted having opened more than 100 Boxes without one. The probability of that happening at 1/12 chance is less than 0.017% - I think we can safely discard that assumption.

So Cryptic's text is misleading. Intentionally.

If Cryptic was honest about this they would disclose the odds up front.