Lt. Commander
# 261
12-27-2011, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angarus
Yup, Ive totally given up on the winter packages.

*buys more*
I say do what I've done. I've opened about 15 or so Red Lottery Tickets so far, and to be honest I've done it all via the Dt Exchange. I run the daily missions ( Investigate Officer Reports, the ones over in ETA and over in Orellius, the lore mission and activate my radan Tribble, then I also run STF's when ever we can get a team together. all and all I've been hitting my 8000Dt a day with some extra left over, then just hit the exchange and buy up C-Points. B-Tran VA, can't forget about B-Tran VA, I tend to avoid Krat, don't know why just do.

I've got five toons four of which I use for this grind and each is pulling in they're 8k a day

so

8k x 4 = 32k-Dt a day.

Most days I can exchange Dt at 400Dt for 1 Criptic Point

needing 100 for the Red Gift Box that adverages out to roughly 40k Dt for 100 CP

so it take me about two days to build make that, or one day once I get my fifth toon up to snuff.

as stated above I've open roughly fifteen or so red boxes with out directly spending a dime on them.

14 being blue boxes

01 being a red box ( from the race )

01 Holo-boff ( something I already had unlocked account wide, gave to a fleet mate )

Countless green boxes from the race

but still the Exchange is the way to go. and if done right shouldn't take more than about two hours.
Lt. Commander
# 262
12-27-2011, 10:19 AM
To everyone saying "Well, I thought they was equal odds 'cause I never saw nothin' saying otherwise..."

If I was to say what I really think, I'd probably get modded, so I'll simply ask: Have none of you ever seen a sweepstakes or lottery before? They all work like this. They advertise some big, valuable prize like a car or vacation, or a million dollar jackpot, but only one person (out of all the thousands who enter) is going to win that. Maybe a dozen others get lesser prizes, and everyone else gets stuck with a keychain or a magazine subscription, if they get anything at all.

Of course they're not going to give out a Mercedes to every twelfth person who enters. That's just common sense. If you thought that's how this was going to go...
Lt. Commander
# 263
12-27-2011, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HF_Mudd
To everyone saying "Well, I thought they was equal odds 'cause I never saw nothin' saying otherwise..."

If I was to say what I really think, I'd probably get modded, so I'll simply ask: Have none of you ever seen a sweepstakes or lottery before? They all work like this. They advertise some big, valuable prize like a car or vacation, or a million dollar jackpot, but only one person (out of all the thousands who enter) is going to win that. Maybe a dozen others get lesser prizes, and everyone else gets stuck with a keychain or a magazine subscription, if they get anything at all.

Of course they're not going to give out a Mercedes to every twelfth person who enters. That's just common sense. If you thought that's how this was going to go...
>_>; we're not debating that this is a Lottery. we're saying they are in a very gray area that's bordering on violating the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act of 2006, and other applicable laws in other jurisdictions.

to also drive home the issue you never saw Ed McMahon giving away the 10mil grand prize from the Publisher's Clearing House to every member of the press that where known to give the lottery positive flack, and that's whats been done with the Jem' Hadar bug ship and the pod casters ( besides those like RSA ) that where given the ship no just one, but the all the members of the production ) that tow the company line of Cryptic.

I call for full disclosure the odds of the ship being awarded, how many ships where given out for free to members of the press and anyone else it was just handed to. and last but not least the total amount of money they have made via this possibly unlawful venture.

Live long and prosper.
Lt. Commander
# 264 My Christmas gift
12-27-2011, 11:42 AM
I spent over $120 ( don't judge me lol ) on these Winter packages. I never even knew you could get a Holographic bridge officer! I opened over 150 of these on 3 toons and nothing! Only useless Tribbles! Anyone wanna buy a Tribble?

I would have been better off buying Scratch offs.

Its sad how consistent the disappointment is on these packages, but I am sure it helped the company's bottom line at the end of the year lol

I bet there is a better chance of getting anything good than there is of finding someone happy with these packages ! How sad