Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
12-08-2011, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulif_Davis
The fact that your computer is (apparently) at the minimum spec to run the game is not Cryptic's fault, nor is it something they should "fix". Invest some money into a better computer (or internet connection, if you have low-speed DSL) and stop complaining.

Cryptic has no control over what you use to play the game, but they DO say, plain as day, what the requirements are, and what they RECOMMEND you use as a minimum.
I'm sorry, but my computer makes most people's machine look like a toaster, and I have this problem as well during peak times. Really late night isn't bad, prime time I don't bother.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-08-2011, 05:35 PM
My system runs the game on maximum settings with no trouble, and I'm connected to the internet via a fibre line that regularly hits 5mbps to the States, and 40mbps in-country. With season five, I suddenly have major delays loading ESD and DS9; two places that had major changes made. This is not a system-spec or slow connection issue, so hold off with all the "your PC sucks" remarks.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-08-2011, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hravik
I'm sorry, but my computer makes most people's machine look like a toaster, and I have this problem as well during peak times. Really late night isn't bad, prime time I don't bother.
OK, the proof is in the posting. Let's see a list of your hardware, as well as the link to your Speed Test and Ping Test results.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-08-2011, 06:27 PM
Quote:
OK, the proof is in the posting. Let's see a list of your hardware, as well as the link to your Speed Test and Ping Test results.
3.4ghz core i7 2600k, running on a z68 chipset, 8 gigs pc1666, game itself is loading of a mushkin enhanced Callisto ssd, video card is a radon hd 6870 with a gig of ddr5, all wrapped up in a thermaltake v9 black edition case. Connection info you'll have to wait since I am still at work, but it is road runner from time warner, 10 meg cable.
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-08-2011, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorticusCryptic
If you're trying to get to Q's Winter Wonderland and would like to avoid ESD, here's a quick workaround:

* Press "J" to open your Mission Overview (or whatever you have it mapped to)
* Click the "Calendar" button at the bottom of the pane.
* Look for Dec 8th, 2011.
* Double-click on that day's event to bring up the event pop-up.
* Click the "Transwarp" button at the bottom of the pane that pops up.
* Wait for loading screen to complete.
* Profit!

I sympathize with folks that have an issue loading ESD, and it's not an issue that's going completely ignored. Until things improve, please remember functions like the Event Calendar that can help you move around in Star Trek Online.
This is the type of Information that should One Day Wind Up in a STOL Game Manual.....
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-08-2011, 08:11 PM
For me, it seems like this most recent patch broke something... load times dramatically went up, difficult for me to log in anywhere (not my computer's issue, other more graphic intensive games work fine...). Think there's an issue on Cryptics end.. hoping the downtime tomorrow fixes whatever server issues they are obviously having...
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-08-2011, 08:15 PM
Quote:
3.4ghz core i7 2600k, running on a z68 chipset, 8 gigs pc1666, game itself is loading of a mushkin enhanced Callisto ssd, video card is a radon hd 6870 with a gig of ddr5, all wrapped up in a thermaltake v9 black edition case. Connection info you'll have to wait since I am still at work, but it is road runner from time warner, 10 meg cable.
OK, the computer is good, almost as good as mine. Just need to see the two connection tests before I can rule out user-end issues.
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-08-2011, 08:52 PM
Quote:
OK, the computer is good, almost as good as mine. Just need to see the two connection tests before I can rule out user-end issues.
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1638263585.png

http://www.pingtest.net/result/52143371.png

As said before, the problem is not my end. Don't even need to run these tests to know that, the fact that its only ESD and DS9 and only when the servers are at peak time already proves that. Any other instance, be it sector space or map instances, load so fast I don't even have time to read the tips.
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-08-2011, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Wow, that's a nice toaster.
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-09-2011, 01:37 AM
Well, you've ruled out your end. Please accept my apologies for my initial reply.

Hopefully the information I've asked you to post will help the devs figure out the issue.

For troubleshooting purposes, I do NOT receive any of the loading issues other players are describing. Here's my system and tests:

Core i7 2600k, Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD7 motherboard, 16GB 1866MHz RAM, MSI Lightning 6970 video card, 2x 2TB HDDs in RAID1, Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1638544345.png

http://www.pingtest.net/result/52151340.png