Lt. Commander
# 11
12-08-2011, 06:58 PM
Take the Dilithium and use it to buy a ship. There now you got an account wide reward. Enjoy!

Lt. Commander
# 12
12-08-2011, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borthan
No, I was not told, I was expected to find this out for myself using these god forsaken forums. They have an in game bulletin board that they don't bother to use & I am expected to find info out on my own here. This is called crappy customer service. It is THEIR responsability to inform me, the customer, not the other way around.
But here's the thing, you were informed. The information exists on the forums, true, but the testing cycle was also predominantly advertised on the forum and thus by joining in the testing, you proved that you would be around here. Not to mention that to get even on the server you needed to use this site to sign up. You proved to use the site by joining, and thus proved the site would be a means to reach you.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-08-2011, 07:00 PM
I know I missed it on these forums, but nobody is going to convince me that this is not crappy customer service. Guess I'm just an old fashioned dinosaur, but I know Cryptic is shooting themselves in the foot & really driving themselves out of business. Seriously, they have an un-used in-game bulletin board & they know who is playing on Tribble & it's too much effort for them to send me a note? Lame, plain & simple.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-08-2011, 07:09 PM
Why should one have to dig thru the forums to find something that cryptic could easily either put on an in-game bulletin board, or on the front page of the web site? Do tell me what you think an in-game bulletin board is for? Seriously, has the state of customer service been reduced so low these days that what's considered normal to some people is akin to bending over to pick up the soap in a prison shower? I mean really...do people not know what good customer service is anymore?
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-08-2011, 07:12 PM
We do. But the law, unfortunately, doesn't care. As long as they cover their backs by having the info available in the forum you are using, you have no recourse.

Look at it this way. If I, as a driving license holder, do not keep up with the highway code and inadvertantly break a new law of the road.. for all I would argue that the government should advertise the new laws on TV at regular intervals, the courts will pay no attention and punish me accordingly.
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-08-2011, 07:14 PM
Also, one last point. Why are we complaining about not getting more free stuff? Its testing. It's a job and a serious endeavor that they don't need to reward us with. If anything we serve more of a stress test than anything since so many people don't report things. We're getting stuff just because they like us and they think its cool, I see no reason to complain that we're not getting unlimited helpings of free stuff.

In summary: We are complaining that we were not properly informed of the magnitude of the free stuff we are being given.
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-08-2011, 07:14 PM
But the flaw in that is not everyone uses the forums ... I was never really on these till recently. If they would stop screwing us all over I wouldn't need to come on here at all....but when they started messing with my characters passives and changing them with giving me no way to respec it I felt I had to at least make my voice heard.
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-08-2011, 07:16 PM
One last thing for me too....if Rudolph ran into Santa's behind his nose wouldn't have been red ;-)

Happy Holidays!!
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-08-2011, 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varlo
We do. But the law, unfortunately, doesn't care. As long as they cover their backs by having the info available in the forum you are using, you have no recourse.

Look at it this way. If I, as a driving license holder, do not keep up with the highway code and inadvertantly break a new law of the road.. for all I would argue that the government should advertise the new laws on TV at regular intervals, the courts will pay no attention and punish me accordingly.
When I'm driving on the road I am not a customer. I"m playing a game I paid for, that makes me a customer.
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-08-2011, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ensign-swenson
But the flaw in that is not everyone uses the forums ... I was never really on these till recently. If they would stop screwing us all over I wouldn't need to come on here at all....but when they started messing with my characters passives and changing them with giving me no way to respec it I felt I had to at least make my voice heard.
To be fair, if you're play-testing and you're not using the forums, then you're not properly using all the tools at your disposal. Back before Season whatever, where Sector Space got re-vamped, that was all down to battling opinions on the forums. You have to use them or you're wasting your time.