Lt. Commander
# 1 Some love for the Engineers?
12-08-2011, 06:26 PM
It's hard enough finding engineering missions but why is the Reverse Engineer mission granting Exploration CXP instead of Engineering CXP??

http://i.imgur.com/IFuSW.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-09-2011, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiant797 View Post
It's hard enough finding engineering missions but why is the Reverse Engineer mission granting Exploration CXP instead of Engineering CXP??

http://i.imgur.com/IFuSW.jpg
look in your ship, that is where most engineering missions are.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-09-2011, 07:47 PM
If you're referring to the "Shipboard" tab, I'm aware of that. I seem to be suffering from some kind of bug where I either have no engy missions there or 5 versions of diagnostics on the weapons systems.

I've discovered that if I open the DOff window on the ground AT ALL before clicking on the shipboard tab after logging in, the system will assume that I'm on the ground and not show me any engy missions because those are keyed to being on the ship.

Still doesn't explain why Reverse Engineer missions are Exploration CXP not Engy...
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-09-2011, 11:16 PM
Most of what exploration does have deals with alien tech - all the data sample missions for the tech samples are exploration, science gets the energy and physical...

Exploration can sure live without the reverse engineering assignment, though. Thanks to tour the universe it's probably the easiest path to rank up.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-09-2011, 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnBludd View Post
look in your ship, that is where most engineering missions are.
Most of the time it tells me I have no shipboard missions. Hard to do Engineering missions when they are Shipboard missions and you have none for hours at a time.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-09-2011, 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar_99 View Post
Most of the time it tells me I have no shipboard missions. Hard to do Engineering missions when they are Shipboard missions and you have none for hours at a time.
Workaround: Never click that page when you're on the ground. Some shipboard assignments are available on the ground, but most require you to be in your ship. But there's a bug somewhere.

From what Heretic's said, it's supposed to work this way: If you beam to your ship, the shipboard assignments you can't see should be there.

How it's actually working: Each reset, the first place you look at your shipboard assignments locks them in until the next reset. If that's in space, assignments that are supposed to be ship only will still show up on the ground, and if you're on the ground... I hope you like treatment for minor injuries and colony applications because the ship only ones will be unavailable until the next reset.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-13-2011, 11:21 AM
We have a fix coming for this issue.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-13-2011, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
We have a fix coming for this issue.
Thanks!

(10char)