Lt. Commander
# 121
12-12-2011, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroomLake32
ROFL....have to give it to Cryptic....real life ECON GENIUS!!!

Spent 17,000 Cryptic points and no ship....glad I dont pay a sub

PS not raging about this or anything....just amused at how rare its proven to be...and YES I made a PERSONAL CHOICE to spend the money on that many Cryptic points......take it or leave it....just giving people a heads up at how rare it could be for people....
My Gawd. At least that is not $700... I think?

Anyway, I will say this to you and so many others.

You are feeding the beast and not HELPING if you continue to do this. You are proving why Perfect World was the right company to buy Cryptic and why the Free to Play post economy and prices if gonna be even MORE painful for us veteran players.

I can't believe I am saying this, but PLEASE stop buying so much. Only buy what you Need and do not give in to Greed.

*Sigh*
Lt. Commander
# 122
12-12-2011, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firepup79
Q: Why does this ship work differently from others in the game?
A: We are experimenting with releasing starships that normally could not be put into the game or the C-Store because it would not be IP appropriate to have them widely available. Rather than simply not have them in the game, we are trying out this alternate way to make something special available to the player base.

Merry Christmas Uncle Scrooge!
It's not "IP appropriate" for the game universe to revolve around dilithium as a universal currency and have an economy based on supply-and-demand forces. But for some reason I'm not surprised Cryptic chose to overlook that little breach of canon...

It's also not IP appropriate to force captains to buy their new ships with dilithium instead of being issued a new command upon promotion. It's also not IP appropriate to have admirals comprise >50% of the starfleet staff...

Well you get the picture.
Lt. Commander
# 123
12-12-2011, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormnnorm
It's not "IP appropriate" for the game universe to revolve around dilithium as a universal currency and have an economy based on supply-and-demand forces. But for some reason I'm not surprised Cryptic chose to overlook that little breach of canon...

It's also not IP appropriate to force captains to buy their new ships with dilithium instead of being issued a new command upon promotion. It's also not IP appropriate to have admirals comprise >50% of the starfleet staff...

Well you get the picture.
Guess you never saw:

TOS - Mudds Women
TOS - Friday's Child
TOS - Mirror, Mirror
TOS - Elan of Troyius

Which all had Dilithium Crystal procurement as either a major story element; or motivation.