Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
This message is directed at the PvP community as this message most likely applies to you.

There are a few threads/posts out there on compulsive Red Gift Box buying to get the JemíHadar Attack Ship so I will be brief.

I am a Recovering Red Gift Box fiend. I am also a Numbers Guys and thought I had the system beat. I thought all I had to do was buy (earn) enough Red Boxes and I have myself a new, limited edition, very rare Star Ship. I was dead wrong.

Please use moderation if buying Red Gift Boxes from the C-store for yourself. This just isnít a 1 JemíHadar ship out of 10 gift boxes type of thing. This ship is extremely rare. If we take the Developers at their word there will not be many of these type ships.

Like many of you I purchased dozens and dozens of Red Gift Boxes for myself from the C-Store and all I ended up with was worthless junk I will never use.

Please, do not go over board buying Red Gift Boxes trying to get the limited edition JemíHardar Attack Ship. As PvP types we tend to seek out the best type of equiment and ships.

Certainly buy some Red Boxes as gifts for friends and a few for yourself but please stop there. This isnít about how many Red Gift Boxes you purchase, it is purely chance. Like the lottery, if you will.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-09-2011, 02:42 AM
PS. For those wondering. I did eventually end up a JemíHadar Attack Ship. I pooled all the Energy Credits from all of my toons into my main toon and waited patiently at the Exchange for a JemíHadar to be posted. I purchased one early on for more than 100 Mil.EC but less than 500 Mil.EC (the going price now). I had this type of currency around because like many of you I was saving for Starbases that never materialized. This was far better use of my time and currency then running races and spending C-points on Red Gift Boxes for something I wasnít likely to get. I am flat broke of EC's now but as a dedicated STO'er I am happy.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-09-2011, 05:03 AM
At 1/100 odds, you would spend 10,000 points on average before getting one.

And it might be 1/500, or 1/1000.

I think I'll stick to whatever boxes I get from the games.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-09-2011, 05:31 AM
With the Season 5 rollout, I've come to realize that I don't have it in me to go out and get gear anymore. I'm going to just do without. If I get lucky this month in one of the 6 races I'll have to run every day and get the ship, great. If not, I'm resigned to not having it.

There is one regular PvPer that claims to have gotten 2. I'm going to kidnap him and take him to Vegas this weekend.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-09-2011, 09:18 AM
I bought a few boxes... got 2 tribbles and a photonic sci officer, both quite nice actually. Definitely not blowing the bank on these crazy things. The ship isn't even that impressive.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-09-2011, 09:27 AM
I bought 2000 Cryptic points, I spent 15 Winter Packages (1500 points) and I got the Jem Hadar ship

After that I bought another 2000 cryptic points but no luck that time. So I stopped buying them lol.

I guess some people actually spend 100,000 Cryptic Points for this ship, thats just insane..
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-09-2011, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marctraider View Post
I bought 2000 Cryptic points, I spent 15 Winter Packages (1500 points) and I got the Jem Hadar ship

After that I bought another 2000 cryptic points but no luck that time. So I stopped buying them lol.

I guess some people actually spend 100,000 Cryptic Points for this ship, thats just insane..
But I don't want to pay for the ship MT. But wants to fly it, just because well, I'm a dork.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-09-2011, 09:49 AM
I spent 750,000 Cryptic points and I didn't get any Jem'Hadar Ships still i love all my geklis :p
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-09-2011, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainHorizon
But I don't want to pay for the ship MT. But wants to fly it, just because well, I'm a dork.
I'd rather just see this ship in the Cstore for 2000 points so everyone has a 100% fair chance of getting it for the same amount of muneyz.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-09-2011, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USSEnterpiseZ
I spent 750,000 Cryptic points and I didn't get any Jem'Hadar Ships still i love all my geklis :p
I really hope you stuck an extra zero in there by mistake...