Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
12-09-2011, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
I really hope you stuck an extra zero in there by mistake...
No it was no mistake :p Beiber sux!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-09-2011, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marctraider View Post
No it was no mistake :p Beiber sux!!!!
That or he thought there was a chance to get an orion slave girl or a beetle.

Punch buggy purple!
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-09-2011, 12:08 PM
I also bought a lot of boxes but my haul has been very profitable. 3 photon torps that I have sold for 10 mill EC combined, ground weapons that have netted me 5 mill ec, I have like 20 photonic tribbles and 10 photonic bridge officers which i will hold on to until the holiday thing passes and then put them on the exchange for massive loot. Some of the "junk" I have got has earned me 15 mill ec but 30-40 items getting me that much I guess is not junk
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-09-2011, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
I also bought a lot of boxes but my haul has been very profitable. 3 photon torps that I have sold for 10 mill EC combined, ground weapons that have netted me 5 mill ec, I have like 20 photonic tribbles and 10 photonic bridge officers which i will hold on to until the holiday thing passes and then put them on the exchange for massive loot. Some of the "junk" I have got has earned me 15 mill ec but 30-40 items getting me that much I guess is not junk
*has Black Friday rage*

you got better crap than me, im logging.
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-11-2011, 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marctraider View Post
I'd rather just see this ship in the Cstore for 2000 points so everyone has a 100% fair chance of getting it for the same amount of muneyz.

Without knowing how much money they have made off the grab bag method you would think offering it in the c store for a set rate might actually get them surefire sales and possibly more money. But of course simple logic such as that would escape such smart folks as the ones we have running our game.
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-11-2011, 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazerx24
Without knowing how much money they have made off the grab bag method you would think offering it in the c store for a set rate might actually get them surefire sales and possibly more money. But of course simple logic such as that would escape such smart folks as the ones we have running our game.
You underestimate the power of the Skinner Box then. A random chance for some reward is VERY effective at creating compulsion. Even if fewer people are interested in this scheme than in a straight-up purchase, those who do can get hooked on it pretty easily, and possibly won't stop trying and trying and trying again until they run out of money. If you tweak the odds right, you can easily squeeze more money out of those you have managed to condition than those who would only buy once.
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-12-2011, 12:03 AM
Quote:
You underestimate the power of the Skinner Box then. A random chance for some reward is VERY effective at creating compulsion. Even if fewer people are interested in this scheme than in a straight-up purchase, those who do can get hooked on it pretty easily, and possibly won't stop trying and trying and trying again until they run out of money. If you tweak the odds right, you can easily squeeze more money out of those you have managed to condition than those who would only buy once.
Some people spend what - 700 $ on it? I think it's totally worth it, evne if only a small minority uses it.

As I said elsewhere. We already lost this battle.