Lt. Commander
# 1 Need, Greed or Pass
12-09-2011, 07:33 AM
Can someone please explain to me how this works and what do I need to do to actually get these STF drops? Had a rare Borg salvage just sitting there. I hit NEED but never got it. Thanks in advance for any help on this matter.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-09-2011, 07:40 AM
Yep, "Pass" will of course take you out of the running for an item altogether.

If it is an item that you plan to just sell, and don't really need for yourself, you should hit "greed". If no one selects "need" and everyone either passes or "greeds" it, then there's a die-roll to determine who gets it.

If anyone hits "need", then there's a die roll amongst the "needs" to see which one of those gets it. It will completely supersede any "greed" rolls. Hit this if it's an item that you're specifically trying to get from the STF, salvage included.

It's considered rude to use "need" on everything. Only use it for the items you really want.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-09-2011, 08:47 AM
Thanks. I'll keep what you said in mind.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-09-2011, 08:57 AM
Need/Greed/Pass should all be changed to simply Roll/Pass

The Greed is an option that only causes people to become upset... Especially in this game where you technically can use EVERYTHING.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-09-2011, 08:59 AM
Remember one thing...most people who sit behind a monitor with the secure notion no one will ever know who they are, tend to throw morals and honesty out the window. Hence they talk smack or try and need on every single item that comes up. What I do is watch the first items roll carefully. if you see a 2 people pass and 1 person greed and you greed then the last person needs...chances are that person will need on everything, but give it a second item to make sure. So don't be afraid to need on everything after that. You are giving your effort to the STF same as everyone else and have a right to roll and get swag. As a personal note...I always need on rare salvage as I expect everyone else to also.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-09-2011, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by napalm View Post
The Greed is an option that only causes people to become upset... Especially in this game where you technically can use EVERYTHING.
Exactly, you don't know why they "need" it. Stay out of their business.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-09-2011, 10:38 AM
What they really ought to do is provide nothing but a pass button.

Everyone would automatically be entered into an even running for an item, but have the opportunity to pass.

As a bonus, passing would give you the base EC value of the item in question, to encourage people to pass on something they would otherwise just de-replicate.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-09-2011, 10:40 AM
In a pug (well most of them) someone will need everything.

the only answer as cryptic will never adjust this system is to also need

for edcs/salvage/techs in STF's its a no brainer....NEED
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-11-2011, 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xceptionzero View Post
In a pug (well most of them) someone will need everything.

the only answer as cryptic will never adjust this system is to also need

for edcs/salvage/techs in STF's its a no brainer....NEED

Yeah, all it takes is one person in the PUG to ruin it. And no one seems to care. Usually I'll greed the stuff anyway or watch to see if someone is just needing everything, then I'll switch to needing.

What's funny is that tonight in one of the STFs, people flipped out that I needed a borg salvage, and they all started needing the rest of the loot. Uhm... isn't that the point? Need the item you actually need?
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-11-2011, 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBones View Post
people flipped out that I needed a borg salvage, and they all started needing the rest of the loot. Uhm... isn't that the point? Need the item you actually need?
This amuses me too, I got berated for choosing need on some borg tech. I was told repeatedly "I DIDN'T NEED IT". I only choose need for the rarest of Swag so I thought it was funny
Closed Thread