Lt. Commander
# 11
12-11-2011, 07:22 PM
hitting pass on loot should help your odds with your final loot bag. Is it really that hard to reward players who don't need green level weapons and feel like passing on them to other players?

The system is pretty weak and i only expect it to get worse when the F2P players show up and Need on everything to make EC so they can buy their gear off the exchange rather then grind it using Delithium.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-11-2011, 09:33 PM
If there must be a 3rd button it would be cool if it worked like this:

Evade ( Pass )
Confront ( Roll )
Acquire ( You get a small sum of GPL instead )

And this would be a nice nudge to "Tongo"

And it would create yet another way to get GPL in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-11-2011, 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_Kent View Post
What they really ought to do is provide nothing but a pass button.

Everyone would automatically be entered into an even running for an item, but have the opportunity to pass.

As a bonus, passing would give you the base EC value of the item in question, to encourage people to pass on something they would otherwise just de-replicate.
Agreed,

The only option we should have on items drops is pass.

I say just go random on everything
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-11-2011, 09:49 PM
Yes, a simple "pass" button would be fine.

Of course, having to glance at the item in the middle of a fight is a pain in the a$$! I'm getting chewed up by Borg and I have to decide whether I need an item or not.
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-12-2011, 01:20 AM
I was so ****ed. Earlier today I was in Cure Space and one player did nothing the whole time. They just sat there at the spawn point while everyone else protected the Kang and completed the objectives. I thought that maybe something happened, emergency or phone rang and they had to be AFK for one reason or another. Nope, that was not the case. They were real quick to hit that NEED button everytime loot poped up while everyone else was hitting greed.
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-12-2011, 01:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildTheng
I was so ****ed. Earlier today I was in Cure Space and one player did nothing the whole time. They just sat there at the spawn point while everyone else protected the Kang and completed the objectives. I thought that maybe something happened, emergency or phone rang and they had to be AFK for one reason or another. Nope, that was not the case. They were real quick to hit that NEED button everytime loot poped up while everyone else was hitting greed.
Behold, the birth of an era of the Griefer farmer

As far as the OP - I suggest always roll NEED when in a PUG group, simply because all too often there is that one individual that loves to hit need, even for a simple item.

The exception to this of course is if you're in a Fleet. Members should make the loot objective clear before initating an STF or group event. Kindred spirits should be considerate of one another, to the point that one should state their intent in regards to a particular item, such as rare Borg salvage parts or chips.
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-12-2011, 05:07 AM
So far I have been lucky. I have done around 30 of the "new" STF's and so far the groups I have been in will hit greed for all the drops and only hit need for the borg drops. I am pretty sure that this will eventually change though.
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-12-2011, 06:44 AM
The system just needs to be changed to Need or Pass to make it fair for all. Whether it's a PuG or buddies running STFs together.
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-12-2011, 06:46 AM
Yup, Roll / Pass or just autoassign the stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-12-2011, 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_Kent View Post
What they really ought to do is provide nothing but a pass button.

Everyone would automatically be entered into an even running for an item, but have the opportunity to pass.

As a bonus, passing would give you the base EC value of the item in question, to encourage people to pass on something they would otherwise just de-replicate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onishin View Post
Yes, a simple "pass" button would be fine.

Of course, having to glance at the item in the middle of a fight is a pain in the a$$! I'm getting chewed up by Borg and I have to decide whether I need an item or not.
I'm Patrcian Havelock Vetinari and I approve these messages.

Closed Thread