Lt. Commander
# 11
12-09-2011, 09:21 AM
We can all Google from various sources, open up a paper dictionary if you want, and all definitions say this IS Gambling.
There is no nullifying the definition of gambling is you are obtaining some token item. If you are after the ship and you buy the grab bag for the chance to win the ship, it is gambling.... does not matter if they give you a teddy bear in return.

verb (used without object)
to play at any game of chance for money or other stakes.
to stake or risk money, or anything of value, on the outcome of something involving chance: to gamble on a toss of the dice.
verb (used with object)
to lose or squander by betting (usually followed by away ): He gambled all his hard-earned money away in one night.
to wager or risk (money or something else of value): to gamble one's freedom.
to take a chance on; venture; risk: I'm gambling that our new store will be a success.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-09-2011, 09:23 AM
actually you can get "nothing" if you already have it what good is having another? thats nothing in my book, but what ever i choose NOT to play russian roulette thank you very much
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-09-2011, 09:25 AM
Followup to my last post, do not confuse Winning with Gambling.

Gambling in the act of risking something of value (money in this case) for the chance of something. The ship is the prize, the gambling is the action taken to win that prize.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-09-2011, 09:28 AM
Just because you already have the item doesnt mean you cant get it again. If you already have a pet rock, and its unique, you can get a box containing another pet rock, you just cant open it. lol You're splitting hairs.

By law, which is the real concern here, you are not gambling if you are getting something in return. You are simply purchasing something for 1$. Its like if you went into a store gave the clerk a dollar and then stuck your hand in a box and pulled out a random item. It could be a winning lottery ticket, a bag of chips or a used condom (lmao), but you are getting something for your dollar.
Lt. Commander
# 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Exactly this. Accept responsibility for your own actions. If you dont want to take the risk then dont. Its just that simple.

QFEIng this. Folks don't take responsibility for their own actions anymore.
Lt. Commander
# 16
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by napalm View Post
do not confuse Winning with Gambling.
I wonder if this is what tripped up Charlie Sheen???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint01
QFEIng this. Folks don't want to take responsibility for their own actions anymore.
Unfortunately I find this more true now a days....
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-09-2011, 09:29 AM
Quote:

Epic roach this just made me keel over with laughter
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-09-2011, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by napalm View Post
Followup to my last post, do not confuse Winning with Gambling.

Gambling in the act of risking something of value (money in this case) for the chance of something. The ship is the prize, the gambling is the action taken to win that prize.
By that definition, I'm gambling every time I use a gumball machine if the one I want is the blue one and keep getting other colors.

So is buying fresh fries at McDonald's.
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-09-2011, 09:30 AM
[quote=Roach;3897947]
Quote:

Ha,ha,ha! Good one !...
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-09-2011, 09:30 AM
Here is a copy/paste of my post from another thread:

Quote:
As far as the legality of the situation goes I say what I said before: If you think they are breaking a law then report them and see what happens. Either you are right and something will happen or you are wrong and nothing will happen. I'm guessing the latter but feel free to actually prove me wrong.
Closed Thread