Lt. Commander
# 1 Lotto boxes.
12-09-2011, 10:34 AM
OK so i keep seeing people getting upset at these, and thats ok but you need to know a few things.

*these points are based on my previous experience with PWE games and could be right or wrong this infomation is only for you to look at, not take it for set in stone facts*

Firstly, this is NOT cryptics fault at all, PWE has allways made the lottory boxes there signature deals on all there games. if you want to blame anyone, its them. (i did try and warn people about this ages ago, when F2P + the merge with PWE was announced just look through my other threads)

*Secondly, if we go by other PWE games, DON'T expect to see these "rare" chance items to appear as a stand alone item in the C-store - it's never happend on any of PWE's games that i have played EVER.

*Thirdly, dont be fooled if an item comes up as "exclusive" many PWE games say this about the items in the boxes, but they allways come back after 6 months or so. the boxes will rotate weekly/fortnightly and will conatian similar items all through the year, along with some seasonal items (X-mas,halloween etc)

And lastly, if you want to have a go at the boxes feel free to do so, but read the contents and info CAREFULLY at all times.

Lt. Commander
# 2
12-09-2011, 10:39 AM
Rule of Acquisition number 428; "Treat PWE like a Ferengi; always read fine print under the bottom line, never trust a word they say, take what you can, give nothing back."
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-09-2011, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_Kent View Post
Rule of Acquisition number 428; "Treat PWE like a Ferengi; always read fine print under the bottom line, never trust a word they say, take what you can, give nothing back."

i'm not bashing PWE (i actually like some of there games) they have a sound buisness, becasue they are turning over more money than almost all of us would ever have.

the problem is that they "trick" people, especially those who impulse buy and such. it's all legall but i just wanted people to be extra carefull, since alot of people probly have never touched a PWE product before.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-09-2011, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeleys
the problem is that they "trick" people, especially those who impulse buy and such. it's all legall but i just wanted people to be extra carefull, since alot of people probly have never touched a PWE product before.
Impulse buying can be easily treated in three easy steps;
  1. Basic Logic
  2. Basic Economics
  3. Basic Self-Control

That's not to say the occasional impulse buy is bad, but I'm talking about, say, a frappe, or a chocolate ice-cream cone, or an extra large fry instead of the medium.
Infact, if you can psychologically train yourself to only 'impulse buy' on frivolous and inexpensive things at long intervals it can help alleviate the desire to impulse buy on larger items.

I'm so glad basic Econ was a required course.....
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-09-2011, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Impulse buying can be easily treated in three easy steps;
  1. Basic Logic
  2. Basic Economics
  3. Basic Self-Control

That's not to say the occasional impulse buy is bad, but I'm talking about, say, a frappe, or a chocolate ice-cream cone, or an extra large fry instead of the medium.
Infact, if you can psychologically train yourself to only 'impulse buy' on frivolous and inexpensive things at long intervals it can help alleviate the desire to impulse buy on larger items.

im glad i can also controll what i buy, im broke as it is...let alone buying things i cant afford to :p

but that being said, alot of people cant and this is were they take advantage, but again its all legal so we just gotta get on with it
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-09-2011, 11:13 AM
Thanks for the advice about PWE. Not going to lie, it's nice to have a company that is profitable. The game maybe a little treacherous monetary-wise, but hey, I was -completely- completely surprised when I saw the Dominion ship since I doubt it would ever be released before PWE.

"Everyone is going to be flying in Dominion ships now!"
Hey, if PWE puts out lots of Dominion, Romulan, and Cardassian ships ... then there will be a nice diversity

Quote:
I wish it was required for ever person on the planet ...
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-09-2011, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voyager316 View Post
Courses you should be forced to take before being allowed to;
  • make substantial income
  • run for public office
  • drive
  • own a weapon
  • log onto the internet
  1. Basic Econ
  2. Basic Logic
  3. Basic communications (including reading comprehension, writing, and speaking both conversationally and publicly)
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-09-2011, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Courses you should be forced to take before being allowed to;
  • make substantial income
  • run for public office
  • drive
  • own a weapon
  • log onto the internet
  1. Basic Econ
  2. Basic Logic
  3. Basic communications (including reading comprehension, writing, and speaking both conversationally and publicly)
i think common sense could fit all those lol
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-09-2011, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voyager316 View Post
Thanks for the advice about PWE. Not going to lie, it's nice to have a company that is profitable. The game maybe a little treacherous monetary-wise, but hey, I was -completely- completely surprised when I saw the Dominion ship since I doubt it would ever be released before PWE.

"Everyone is going to be flying in Dominion ships now!"
Hey, if PWE puts out lots of Dominion, Romulan, and Cardassian ships ... then there will be a nice diversity

hahaha, and your welcome to the advice - if it can be called that, since im only going off what i know from previous games/item shops that are anything to do with PWE
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-09-2011, 11:29 AM
I am 100% behind you OP. I have dealt with PWI and I know full well how they do their dirty work. This is absolutely classic PWE marketing and nothing more. Usually though, they do not offer something quiiiite as awesome as an OP ship but I guess they just do not actually know the value of that sort of thing in STO yet. They will figure it out later.
Closed Thread